Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Bonding over shared experiences. :D

Pure uselessness.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

That girl at the end looks like Lisa from Rosalia

Well more precisely Lisa from BanG Dream…

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Not gonna lie I'm really tired by now that we get close to zero information about Yuzu's perspective in all this :P A few chapters ago I thought we'll start getting more of that but it very quickly reverted to usual joke about how Minami is obsessed and Yuzu is oblivious, and I'm getting slowly and surely disappointed in how this is developing.

Exactly, my thoughts. I'm so desperate that I'm actually begging for a jealousy arc and I almost want to slap myself for thinking that. Someone's gotta shake something up and if the author can't do that with 6 characters, than sure add another one.

last edited at Jul 5, 2023 8:48AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Is this lesbian hell?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

wouldn't it be hilarious if the new character and Hinori became a couple before the other two couples actually become couples

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

wouldn't it be hilarious if the new character and Hinori became a couple before the other two couples actually become couples

Yes. Yes it would.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The line is thin, but this does sum up the MC: "This isn't stupid purity, it's [just] pure stupidity."

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

When you realize you're both "female specimens" ...

I kinda like the new girl, if only because she's such a contrast to everything else in this manga. You know, (notreally)straight-forward and ready to make the move no matter how low her chance might be.

joined May 3, 2014

When you realize you're both "female specimens" ...

I kinda like the new girl, if only because she's such a contrast to everything else in this manga. You know, (notreally)straight-forward and ready to make the move no matter how low her chance might be.

some one here in another manga pointed out the idea that some yuri manga does the whole “i just like [Name of female MC] because she is [Name of Female MC] not because she is a girl” as being an cope out of the whole gay people exist in japan, weirdly even in yuri manga some author will rather avoid the whole idea of sexuality existing like being an Lesbian and Bisexual and replace it with the not realistic “love doesn’t have gender weird type of thing” to again avoid the whole sexuality idea in an manga that IS about two women falling in love, and one of them might even be bisexual, but let’s wipe it under the rug and call it, “i just happen to fall in love with some one that JUST happen to be female” 0.0

sorry for the wall of text, but once this idea has been brought up it never left my mind and now I’m noticing in other mangas which ain’t that big of a deal any way, since the authors are allowed to not get into the whole sexuality talk in an story and, Japan is Japan for better and for worst >.>

last edited at Aug 2, 2023 11:07PM

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

With the appearance of the new girl I'm extra excited for the next chapter. This will definitely be a catalyst for Yuzu and her relationship

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

and one of them might even be bisexual, but let’s wipe it under the rug and call it, “i just happen to fall in love with some one that JUST happen to be female” 0.0

a lot of them do. they bring it up in ILTV, bloom into you and watanare and basically all the biggest and most popular ones. It's really tied to east asian (not just japanese) not exactly 'lesbians dont exist' but more a challenge of heteronormative culture. An example of this is basically DC and Mamamoo are pretty famous for being really super queer for kpop. and they'll respond to this like 'if i date SOMEONE, THEY" and are like very pointed about not having their words be gendered.

So basically east asia is in its 'love is love' phase

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

the whole “i just like [Name of female MC] because she is [Name of Female MC] not because she is a girl” as being an cope out of the whole gay people exist in japan, weirdly even in yuri manga some author will rather avoid the whole idea of sexuality existing like being an Lesbian and Bisexual and replace it with the not realistic “love doesn’t have gender weird type of thing” to again avoid the whole sexuality idea in an manga

I blame Clamp for this. They started the whole love is whoever you happen to fall in love with trope in manga. To disastrous effect.

I have hope for this manga because this new character that showed up to drive the plot forward and cause drama might be a tired trope, but she does seem to be openly a lesbian and is hopefully here to challenge the MC's belief

And yeah, it's nice that ILTV/Inori openly calls out that bullshit.

last edited at Aug 3, 2023 1:14AM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

What's with Japan and lesbians? It's all good with girls liking other girls but when it comes to giving it a name it's like NO, LESBIANS DO NOT EXIST

Seriously like, it's just dumb to say yeah I'm in love with a girl (and I am a girl) but that doesn't mean I like girls?? Alright

Edit: ok I see now everyone else is pointing that out too, nice

last edited at Aug 3, 2023 1:28AM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ima be honest with you all, this whole "i love you bc its you" isnt even exclusive of gay stories, so i dont think its that big of an issue

Granted, i do see where youre coming from, but i think its a bit exaggerated

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

Bitch, please. Kick rocks

Smirk
joined Oct 6, 2021

CAN WE HAVE ONE FUCKING MANGA THAT DOESNT HAVE THESE LOVE TRIANGLES????? I’m just so done, do authors seriously have no other ideas?

joined Feb 17, 2018

ahh, the force of chaos has arrived. Lets go jealousy arc, I guess.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

If this was any other manga, I’d be a little annoyed at the love triangle trope coming into play. However, Yuzu’s so fucking dense a little competition would barely faze her, and we’ve made like zero progress in Minami’s attempts to make Yuzu aware of her, like not even a little blush or shyness at the the thought of only the two of them going around the festival. Like even I’m rooting for any sort of development even if it’s from a third party at this point.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

What's with Japan and lesbians? It's all good with girls liking other girls but when it comes to giving it a name it's like NO, LESBIANS DO NOT EXIST

Seriously like, it's just dumb to say yeah I'm in love with a girl (and I am a girl) but that doesn't mean I like girls?? Alright

To be fair, Minami’s never liked anyone else, she could be bi, pan, or most likely a demi too, it’s just that right now she’s in love with Yuzu. Maybe some point of the future, if she and Yuzu end up not working out, who knows who she’ll fall in love with, it could be a guy or another girl. Just like how if a bisexual person is dating a guy or a girl, it doesn’t make them straight or a lesbian, they’re still bi. Liking a girl, doesn’t automatically make you a lesbian when there’s a lot of other things to consider.

i would LOVE this

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

You can just say no, Minami. It's okay to shut this little shit down with prejudice.

joined Jan 11, 2014

To be fair, Minami’s never liked anyone else, she could be bi, pan, or most likely a demi too, it’s just that right now she’s in love with Yuzu.

Isn’t it kind of insane she never had a “I LIKE GIRLS?!?!?!? Not DUDES?!?!? What does this make me? self reflection for potential identity” moment though? Sure she might be bi but the issue people are pointing out is that there’s no reflection of sexuality at all, or the slightest consideration of “I might be [lgbt+ label Japan pretends doesn’t exist cause they’re homophonic].

joined May 3, 2014

Ima be honest with you all, this whole "i love you bc its you" isnt even exclusive of gay stories, so i dont think its that big of an issue

Granted, i do see where youre coming from, but i think its a bit exaggerated

it means you didn’t read to much yuri manga OR you never notice this type of thing, when something becomes an pattern you start to question way? so NO this ain’t an exaggeration! this subject is complex and complicated since it’s tied to Japan and it treatment of LGBT people

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

The sudden love rival feels a little shoehorned, but I'm interested to see where this goes. I haven't read a yuri story with a "Now I have two dates for the prom!(school festival)" setup. I think it would be pretty funny if they do have Minami bounce between dates with the two.

last edited at Aug 3, 2023 4:49AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I'm definitely in the minority, but I like the new girl.

And yeah, it's nice that ILTV/Inori openly calls out that bullshit.

Reading that bit was such a breath of fresh air, I really hope they'll include it in the anime.

To reply you must either login or sign up.