Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I wish they had made it a long chapter! Wah! I wanted to watch the whole quiz show, all the questions, and learn every tidbit of Ririka's info and find who knows what about her secrets! No fair they cut it short!

It was a dream, though, so it wouldn't be true at all, so ... what would be the point?
It may have been cute to see all of the things Watanabe does know about her, but as for secrets or anything she doesn't know, she still doesn't know it, and if it was in there, it would be made up, lol.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Quite a nice dream. ^_^

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Fuyu is in her denial phase....

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Go and get that adorable gyaru girlfriend already !

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

https://imgur.com/q55GE1a

apparently the language of gay happiness is welsh

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Watanabe has a lot more friends than she realized.

joined May 1, 2015

Here comes Watanabe's flaskback. It will probably be sad.
Hang in there Watanabe.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

yay more back story time

https://imgur.com/q55GE1a

apparently the language of gay happiness is welsh

name fits you lol

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Wasabi-san making me feel so sorry for her. I think we all know what kind of story she’ll tell Fujiyama next chapter…

Also, did the ojou-sama suddenly change personalities? Fujiyama’s onee-sama telling Wakawaka to shut up out of the blue. Ma’am… I don’t recall you being like that.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Fuyu just needs to be given permission to be gay.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

ah, my poor baby :(

that last page where her hands start shaking almost made me cry.

How has this manga gotten good so quickly in the past couple chapters?

It also reminds me of other manga like Still Sick. It must be a thing, for gay women that are in the otaku sphere to like, try to live just through fantasy situations. I mean shit, I definitely do/have done some of that myself. But that image you get of someone else's mind that they've so desperately cut off the possibility of being attracted to anyone in reality to hold their pain inside and protect themselves... it's really tragic. It always makes me want to give them a hug and do some queer mentoring lmao.

I think for me the serial manga side of things where she's observing and building yuri in the school hasn't been that interesting to me, and I don't think it's been particularly well-integrated into the honest, emotional side of things. Even this last chapter, it felt like the entire emotional side of the story was just set down so we could do some more of the yuri watching conceit, and then that was set down for the emotional story to pick back up. They don't weave together. Like the dynamic between the two leads is absolutely fantastic and feels so grounded and real, especially on yoshioka's end slowly and openly coming to terms with her attraction to another girl, but we've only started seeing the same depth on our MC's side in the past couple chapters, it feels like, and that seems to me like kind of a missed opportunity. I can see how having a fairly shallow, episodic manga side of things from the MC's end could be an artistic tool to show how much of her own soul she's left behind by cutting off her genuine attraction to girls and living in a fantasy world, only to break into something more nuanced, connected, and emotional as she's pulled back into a starring role in her own life and overcomes her trauma, but for that genre-representing-psychology view of things I would have expected her yuri shipping to start to collapse and slip into something else as her comfort zone at the bottom of the well is challenged. I just don't see that happening, they seem to be remaining discrete, and I think that's kind of a shame.

The main ship is just so good and adorable, now that yoshioka isn't entirely being ignored, and yoshioka herself has been such a good character that it carries that missed potential and I still really like and look forward to new chapters of this story anyway.

last edited at Apr 3, 2023 8:27PM

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Yeaa... Watanabe got really traumatized, didn't she? And the worst kind, where the other side probably wasn't aware of how much impact they had on her life.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This chapter was a real testament to how little of an impression every character that isn't one of the leads has made on me because I can't remember anything about any of these people beyond what they look like.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

She needs hugs x_x

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Watanabe thinks of herself as basically an outsider and seeing the others show genuine care and concern for her makes this an A++ grade chapter. Kinda funny and endearing that the others just think she behaves uniquely.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This chapter was a real testament to how little of an impression every character that isn't one of the leads has made on me because I can't remember anything about any of these people beyond what they look like.

LMAO I thought it was just me! Like who tf are all these women

joined Jan 14, 2020

Watanabe was knocked into an alternate universe where she's the center of a yuri harem.

joined Aug 21, 2017

"The one who's unwell should shut up." Made me literally laugh out loud.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Credits: "Watanabe, be on top."

List of girls Watanabe could be on top of:

I'm thinking!! ....

.... Hitori Bocchi ...

... Nico Yazawa?

... Yuki Nagato?

... Tomoko Kuroki, first day of school?

last edited at Apr 4, 2023 12:07AM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

It's so funny she's become like "it's not my fault I'm not popular!" but where the Mc isn't an asshole

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's so funny she's become like "it's not my fault I'm not popular!" but where the Mc isn't an asshole

She's Tomoko Kuroki crossed with Yuzuriko from Please My God Please!

I think I know how this story will go:

Yoshioka will perish from being caught in the rain too often. She will meet Rei-chan, who was prevented from moving on when Watanabe wouldn't let her give her rosary. Rei-chan finally gives her imouto the rosary, but instead of passing on, they fall in love. They end up residing on the roof. Meanwhile, Watanabe never has any love experience in high school, and marries a boy from the nearby all-boys' school. She often tells her daughter yuri stories about the Academy, and wistfully admits she wishes she'd had a girlfriend. Like Watanabe and Yoshioka, Watanabe's daughter can see Rei-chan (and Yoshioka) when she enters the Academy and goes up to the roof, and they tell her they want to create a Yuri Paradise at the Academy .....

It fits with Rei-chan's actions, and I think they'd have to kill Yoshioka because Watanabe would have to live to write the story after her daughter succeeds in creating a Yuritopia.

last edited at Apr 4, 2023 10:55PM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Meh, aside from the short haired blonde I kinda remembered everyone

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

I feel like this is because the MC herself doesn't relate to them as friends, only as characters in a fantasy story (which she explicitly makes herself out to not be a part of).

The manga is mostly told from her PoV, so if she can't connect with them, there's no way we would be able to either. Kind of makes me wonder if the mangaka was going for that on purpose

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

so like, what's the story here? did the manga get licensed?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

so like, what's the story here? did the manga get licensed?

I'm not certain, but in Spanish the scanlation continues. In fact, chapter 18 is just out.

https://lectortmo.com/viewer/687836360f3d8891bbfcde44aba49a43/cascade

To reply you must either login or sign up.