Forum › Kill Switch discussion

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

the MC is a dumbass that doesn't seem to even reflect on the fact she blindly took the side of a stranger over her friend. Even so... that biker girl, Jusoo, is super hot, so I'll forgive her for being blinded by it

843f8d8fde746955a799329d160d491925e1c7ded862457717eeb83ec744aa5c%20(2019_07_23%2012_07_58%20utc)
joined Sep 18, 2016

the MC is a dumbass that doesn't seem to even reflect on the fact she blindly took the side of a stranger over her friend. Even so... that biker girl, Jusoo, is super hot, so I'll forgive her for being blinded by it

Yea, if she wanna puch anyone again she can punch me instead.

pumpkinmonster
Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

motorcycle girl can slap me harder

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

It's still funny to me that the cover looks so menacing but the main character is just a useless lesbian

joined Jul 23, 2019

And, as we've seen, she's ok with being slapped.

What? When?

Wasn't it a plot point in chapter 1 that MC said she'd be happy to be slapped by cool bike girl?

Edit: check page 23 and page 24.

last edited at Mar 12, 2021 1:03PM

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

the mc is an incredible dumbass, so much that it's painful, for now i feel that she don't deserves Kim at all.

joined Apr 7, 2016

Honestly, the only character I like so far is Jisoo. I'm always a sucker for misunderstood loners who look badass on the outside but are actually sweet on the inside.

MC is kind of a douche. If a friend (even if it's someone like Hwayeon) tells you that someone beat them up on the first day of school to the point where they got a nosebleed, you don't go, "Yeah, but she seems nice and we don't know her side of the story" to their face. And Hwayeon is just...annoying. Clingy, jealous, manipulative people are not my cup of tea, even in fictional works.

We're still pretty early in the story, so I'll keep reading, if only because Jisoo and her bike are really cool.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lol based off the cover and title I thought it was gonna be about hot assassin ladies and got excited...only for me to be extremely disappointed after I started reading hahaha.

Hm not sure how I feel bout this yet. None of the characters really stand out to me but I'm kinda interested in the seemingly yandere one.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Upset that MC isn't willing to listen and believe all three of her friend's retellings of this "bad" person and just goes straight for her but... I mean I get it, she's hot and cool but c'mon man, bros before h#es. Also I very much dislike the fwb relationship mc and hwayeon has... Idk how to feel about mc just blatantly going for jisoo while she's fully into the fwb relationship and not even telling hwayeon the truth.

Jem_01
joined Oct 12, 2010

Got to chapter two thinking MC was male. still do really.

joined Oct 23, 2016

Yuki Kitsune posted:

Read the prologue, and it looks promising...but then I got to the warning.

Hm. Well it'd be best to not have thread devolve into talking about just this topic, but it is surely an odd circumstance. I'm in the dark on this but when I have some more information, I'll follow up.

Agreed, I wouldn't want to make too big a deal of it. While I realize that hosting stuff that hasn't been licensed in the U.S. is in something of a grey zone, and I have no problem with troubling corporations, one of the things I have always admired about Dynasty is its responsiveness to artists' wishes. I make my choice not to read it here, but we all get to make our own choices.

Shut the fuck up before you ruin it for the rest of us.
As someone else stated, almost all the works uploaded to translations sites are illegal. That's why you read mangakas and other creators hope in their credits pages that they hope you buy their volumes, so the manga editors can see its actually selling.
But you swear, even if we could buy the work, its not translated, so what would be the point?
We would love to support, but can't because its in a language we do not understand.
That's where these sites come in. No one profits from this, and they do give the creators attention, hell maybe some end up buying the series even if its not translated, but to own a physical copy cus they loved it so much.

Its somewhat a win for the creator. Cus trust, most of their fans/readers are not from their homeland.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

^Yun you're not making sense.

Anyway... I'm okay with the main character not believing her girlfriend or any of her friends about this woman. They didn't give reasons why the biker girl is an asshole for punching her. I'm sure the girlfriend said something stupid to get punched. There is a deliberate lack of details there.

What I'm annoyed about is that why didn't the main character ask her her side of the story? After biker chick said she's aware that her reputation is bad, it would have been a perfect opportunity to ask her. It was a perfect segway setup; no social skills needed.

last edited at Mar 14, 2021 11:54AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

YunFang92 posted:

Yuki Kitsune posted:

Agreed, I wouldn't want to make too big a deal of it. While I realize that hosting stuff that hasn't been licensed in the U.S. is in something of a grey zone, and I have no problem with troubling corporations, one of the things I have always admired about Dynasty is its responsiveness to artists' wishes. I make my choice not to read it here, but we all get to make our own choices.

Shut the fuck up before you ruin it for the rest of us.
As someone else stated, almost all the works uploaded to translations sites are illegal. That's why you read mangakas and other creators hope in their credits pages that they hope you buy their volumes, so the manga editors can see its actually selling.
But you swear, even if we could buy the work, its not translated, so what would be the point?
We would love to support, but can't because its in a language we do not understand.
That's where these sites come in. No one profits from this, and they do give the creators attention, hell maybe some end up buying the series even if its not translated, but to own a physical copy cus they loved it so much.

Its somewhat a win for the creator. Cus trust, most of their fans/readers are not from their homeland.

I do believe I said, very simply, that it'd be best to not continue the discussion. Nearly a month ago. Nobody is "ruining" your ability to enjoy this manga by bringing up its origins, and Yuki Kitsune did so in an extremely respectful manner. Unlike you. Regardless of whatever argument you wish to make, do not ever post like this again.

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

And, as we've seen, she's ok with being slapped.

What? When?

Wasn't it a plot point in chapter 1 that MC said she'd be happy to be slapped by cool bike girl?

Edit: check page 23 and page 24.

Didn't remember that, how good AJAJAJJAJAJ

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

MC is kind of a douche. If a friend (even if it's someone like Hwayeon) tells you that someone beat them up on the first day of school to the point where they got a nosebleed, you don't go, "Yeah, but she seems nice and we don't know her side of the story" to their face

I think we may have different friends. And I guess it depends on the friend, but I'd call my friends out on something like this. Not quite so insensitively, but we'd never blindly hop on someone's side if they were being dumb. Particularly if they're one of the friends known for exaggerating or not being exactly truthful like Hwayeon. Probably depends on your relation to the friend in question, and I can't say I relate to having an acquaintance-tier friend who is also a fuck buddy. If this was assault or the police were involved it would be a different, but there doesn't seem to be any hints that it was more than a scuffle so I'm firmly in the "MC did nothing wrong and probably should've been asking more questions" camp.

But what's really important here is that it looks like motorcycle girl went for the Pilsner Urquell. Now that's a quality gal

last edited at Mar 16, 2021 10:45AM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Lol based off the cover and title I thought it was gonna be about hot assassin ladies and got excited...only for me to be extremely disappointed after I started reading hahaha.

Hm not sure how I feel bout this yet. None of the characters really stand out to me but I'm kinda interested in the seemingly yandere one.

I also thought that this would be about that kinda stuff, especially since the prologue was tagged with the violence tag. Maybe they secretly actually are assassins though... I thought Hwayeon's thoughts from the prologue indicated that she had kind of secret life she wanted to hide that the biker might reveal, but it looks like it's just anger from getting punched in the face and possibly losing the MC and all.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Hecc i'm fucking loving this

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

While the MC is definitely acting like a dumb-ass, Hwayeon is also acting pretty sketchy. I mean, she opened by saying there's a rumor that the motorcycle girl has been beating people up and only later did she clarify "oh yeah, I meant she hit me in the face once." Now, obviously, even that isn't good, but it's a pretty far cry from her original story, which makes it odd that she didn't start with it, especially since it seems to be true.

She also seems fairly manipulative when it comes to the MC, especially with that sex scene that she arranged for the bike girl to see and the way she tried to use it to scare the MC into avoiding the bike girl.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

She also seems fairly manipulative when it comes to the MC, especially with that sex scene that she arranged for the bike girl to see and the way she tried to use it to scare the MC into avoiding the bike girl.

From the first moment I got some strong manipulation/abuse vibes from her, I was worried this show was gonna go down that path so I was a bit surprised when she came out with the "oh the new girl hit me" thing. So yea, as much as a dumbass MC is, I'm not sure what to feel about Hwayeon.

last edited at Mar 23, 2021 6:00PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Damn, Jisoo’s eyes in that one page.... I love the artstyle of this series so much.

I’m kinda glad that whole thing was a dream, but for everyone taking the side of the bob cut, she did clearly say she doesn’t fall in love and didn’t want to be more than fwb, so her actions and words are contradicting each other. I don’t think anyone is really in the right here.

last edited at Apr 13, 2021 1:37PM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

The way Jisoo picked the MC up in the dream sequence...ugh unnie please

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Thank god everyone around Jeongwon is competent (and a top) bc with how useless she is it might’ve taken so long for any development with Jisoo

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

Ooooof, i honestly thought we were gonna have a murder scene right before those two were gonna get some action XD

last edited at Apr 13, 2021 10:32PM

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

-My guest and I in my room, I'm waiting in the bed... calm
-SƐx-friend sees us doing it... panic
-It was a dream... calm
-My guest heard me and asks about that dream... PANIC
I wonder if Jeongwon will tell her about the dream, and how much Jisoo could hear her in her sleep ·w·
Also thanks for the translation!!

last edited at Apr 14, 2021 11:34PM

65c5147f-cae2-4cb0-9fe6-5718db7bd474
joined Aug 16, 2020

Ngl Jisoo could slap me and I’ll say thank you

To reply you must either login or sign up.