Kim Jeongwoo went from hot to hottie

last edited at May 30, 2021 3:53PM

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

( ͡°ᴥ ͡° ʋ)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Actually, what she's feeling is Envy, Jealousy is feeling like something you already have is under threat, whereas Envy is wanting something that you can't have.

That's an interesting distinction that I can see being useful, but I don't think those words actually are distinct that way in either dictionary definitions or usage.
I have a similar thing--I like to see a distinction between ethics and morals, where ethics are grounded in some kind of philosophical principle, while morals are based in community standards, religious strictures and similar authority-based foundations, and may from an ethical position be completely arbitrary. Note that religious texts can contain ethical principles, like "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you". So in this scheme, for instance, disapproving of gays is a moral position, not an ethical one, since all the justifications for it ultimately come down to "God says" or "That's what the community thinks", but nobody ever advances any actual reasons why gayness is a bad thing.
I think it's a useful distinction and I think there's some basis for it in usage, but in the end I can't really defend it. Pity.

last edited at May 30, 2021 4:45PM

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This is a whole mess. But that’s what I’m here for.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

well, i can tell if not everyone, almost all of the characters in this comic have their destructive and redeeming qualities, and their sad past is becoming a gateway for them to be abusive towards others. I'm taking them all to therapy, that's it.

last edited at May 30, 2021 5:33PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Actually, what she's feeling is Envy, Jealousy is feeling like something you already have is under threat, whereas Envy is wanting something that you can't have.

That's an interesting distinction that I can see being useful, but I don't think those words actually are distinct that way in either dictionary definitions or usage.
I have a similar thing--I like to see a distinction between ethics and morals, where ethics are grounded in some kind of philosophical principle, while morals are based in community standards, religious strictures and similar authority-based foundations, and may from an ethical position be completely arbitrary. Note that religious texts can contain ethical principles, like "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you". So in this scheme, for instance, disapproving of gays is a moral position, not an ethical one, since all the justifications for it ultimately come down to "God says" or "That's what the community thinks", but nobody ever advances any actual reasons why gayness is a bad thing.
I think it's a useful distinction and I think there's some basis for it in usage, but in the end I can't really defend it. Pity.

Man, I wanted to tell you for a long time, so this is as good a time as any: If you ever decide to write a book, post a link, and I'll buy it.

last edited at May 31, 2021 2:31AM

joined Jul 21, 2020

Korean names, gosh. I'm fine with manga & Japanese names, or xianxia & Chinese names, but Korean names give me trouble. Jeongwon meets Jisoo's friend Jeongwoo! How am I supposed to remember who's who? Also, Jisoo is Kim Jisoo, and her pal is Kim Jeongwoo—how many more Kims are around? For all we know, maybe Jeongwon is also Kim Jeongwon. Then I'll have to pay attention not to mix up Kim Jeongwon with Kim Jeongwoo. Uugh.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

how many more Kims are around?

I once read that Kims and Parks and Lees make like two thirds of the Koreans... so the answer to your question is: a lot! ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Thanks scanlators for your hard work even though you're in dire need.

Hwayeon got beat up by Jisoo allegedly, now she's getting attacked by an unknown person. Woman sure does attract abuse or something. Or is very unlucky.

last edited at May 31, 2021 2:08PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Korean names, gosh. I'm fine with manga & Japanese names, or xianxia & Chinese names, but Korean names give me trouble.

It's true that sometimes Korean names translated to English are very similar-sounding. Of course it stands to reason that the translation is the problem, and native Koreans have no trouble telling those names apart since they are made of completely different Korean-language characters. But when you try to do a romanization, that's when the problem starts.
Coincidentally these days I'm reading a good Korean LN that a friend recommended and I'm liking it a lot, but the romanized names of the characters can make me sweat sometimes. It goes like this: MC: Seo Yuhi; Important Chara 1: Seo Yuhui; Important Chara 2: Yu Seohui; Important Chara 3: Seo Yuhua; Important Chara 4: Yun Seohi; and a bunch more of such. It took me a lot of chapters and effort to stop mistaking them all the time, lol.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Webster's New World: Envy- desire for something another has. Jealousy- resentfully suspicious of rivalry. They are distinct concepts as the first party stated. We must adhere to definitions or words become Newspeak.

last edited at May 31, 2021 2:55PM

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

Good on her for kicking the shit out of that manager and trashing his store. Tbh he shouldn’t have gotten any money out of that.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

it might be paranoia talking but i trust no one in this story. They are captivating, but i feel they have some fucked up stuff beneath their sleeves, i cant vouch for anyone

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 3:31PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Man, I wanted to tell you for a long time, so this is as good a time as any: If you ever decide to write a book, post a link, and I'll buy it.

Why, thank you very much. It happens I did decide to write a book, which is mostly finished, but I've kind of lost momentum, so I find this rather heartening. Science fiction with a definite political angle.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Webster's New World: Envy- desire for something another has. Jealousy- resentfully suspicious of rivalry. They are distinct concepts as the first party stated. We must adhere to definitions or words become Newspeak.

Oxford English Dictionary on Jealousy (just part of the definition, which is very long cos it's the OED): "resentment or ill-will towards another on account of advantage or superiority, possible or actual, on his part; envy, grudge."
Note the second to last word. These things can be slippery, and words which have some distinction and are not exactly synonyms can still edge into each other. Jealousy does have MORE emphasis on what you said, but envy is still part of its use and is indeed right in its definition.
And seriously, the OED is THE dictionary--everything else is pale imitations.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Wow they were in a group project together before and she didn't remember her face. That's pretty funny.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Why, thank you very much. It happens I did decide to write a book, which is mostly finished, but I've kind of lost momentum, so I find this rather heartening. Science fiction with a definite political angle.

Inject it straight into my veins, man. :-)

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Omg so many developments. Possible crush between Kim Jisoo and Jeongwoo and something probably happend between the two since Jeongwoo didn't want to talk about their first love story. Also Hwayeon has been in 7 relationships and she actually stole from the store. Things are gonna get really messy with her I say.

The art for this is really great. I love style of the characters.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Man, this roommate bitch. She had some manipulative vibes from the first moment but this is just... idk what I expected. I really don't like her. She came after the MC for money, but when she found out there was none, her remaining motivation is abandonment issues? It makes me wonder if she likes her at all (didn't seem like she was all that into it during their shower fun either).

Anyhow. When's the title gonna become relevant? Surely there'll be a murder reveal soon enough

joined Dec 5, 2019

I can't help but like the "bad" girl. I'm such a sucker for shorties damn, I would probably be manipulated to oblivion lol.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I actually really like this story. So far it seems like semi-adults with Issues figuring out there shit, so the drama doesn’t feel too forced. There’s an edge to all the characters, and I love it.

Also. Soooo many kinds of hot masculine women. Holy shit. They’re all so attractive.

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

Girl you don’t need Jeongwon, you need a therapist. Don’t break apart whatever she’s trying to have with Kim Jisoo and go mooch off of some rich woman’s money if that’s what you need.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

This started out really slow but I like that it's picking up a little now. Plus, I knew that short haired femme was a bitch.

I'm enjoying this and also enjoying the variety representation of women. Not all lesbians are lipstick femmes.

last edited at Jul 12, 2021 12:45PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I can't help but like the "bad" girl. I'm such a sucker for shorties damn, I would probably be manipulated to oblivion lol.

Right now she's the most interesting and fleshed-out character in the story. Jisoo is just "cool girl with a bike" and little more.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

Hwaeyeon is so spicy, I love her

To reply you must either login or sign up.