Forum › Kill Switch discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Here the protagonist was, happily adjusting to a life without emotional manipulation and abuse, when suddenly a wild Hwayeon appeared and used the "pretend like nothing happened, so the target of your manipulation is too confused and bound by social convention to resist your demands" technique from the Gaslighting perk tree.

Don't get me wrong, Hwayeon is the best-written character in this story, but whenever she appears, disaster follows, and I just want to see some guilt-free Romance with the protagonist and Jisoo...

last edited at Aug 6, 2022 6:21AM

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Here the protagonist was, happily adjusting to a life without emotional manipulation and abuse, when suddenly a wild Hwayeon appeared and used the "pretend like nothing happened, so the target of your manipulation is too confused and bound by social convention to resist your demands" technique from the Gaslighting perk tree.

Yeah, Hwayeon definitely has a plan here and it's nothing good. Best case scenario, she's trying "start over" and get back with Jeognwon by being friends first...but it's far more likely she's being as manipulative as always.

She left suddenly and completely in order to make Jeongwon feel her loss more keenly (they've been living together for a while now). Then, she inserts herself back into Jeongwon's life and tempts her with those feelings of closeness and intimacy that she just took away.

And as a bonus here, she can try and disrupt Jeongwon's nascent relationship with Jisoo before it becomes stable enough to replace all those feelings Hwayeon has been using to control Jeongwon.

I just want to see some guilt-free Romance with the protagonist and Jisoo...

Jisoo's flirting with Jeongwon was sooooo cute! I know it's not "dramatic", but I also just want to see them being super sweet together. They've got so much chemistry and genuinely enjoy being around each other, and it's great. Healthy relationships for the win!

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

So is this ever getting updated again or

joined Nov 25, 2020

Some new chapters just dropped on Mangadex and I'm sure they'll be here soon but oooooooh boy

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Yay, new chapters. Thanks for translating them.

Man these 3 new chapters were a rollercoaster for me. I love how cute and adorable they both are but man that other girl is so insane, I just knew she was going to do something and ruin it somehow. That cliffhanger though. I wonder what happened. My guesses are either she having mental breakdown and running around without shows and hurt herself, or like when she first met the MC, tried stealing from someone and this time she wasn't saved.

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

very glad to see an update. GOD you can cut the tension with a butcher knife, i LOVE it.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

What are the odds that they all take this opportunity to go in the apartment and talk everything out?

joined Dec 30, 2018

Wait has this finished already? Or am I thinking of another webtoon?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

What are the odds that they all take this opportunity to go in the apartment and talk everything out?

Very low. The ones who have to talk are Jeongwon and Hwayeon, but their breakup is still too fresh in their minds to get their emotions and unconscious instincts under control. As shown in chapter 29, Jeongwon hasn't healed from her emotional abuse yet, but Hwayeon is not giving her the time and space she needs (mostly because Hwayeon has even deeper issues, which she outsources onto Jeongwon instead). Jisoo is really the only emotionally stable person in this triangle, but she has been only tangentially involved in the whole Jeongwon x Hwayeon mess, so I do not think she can really help them (and if Hwayeon sees her as a enemy, she'll only make it worse).

Also, let's all take a moment to appreciate how clearly Jisoo articulates her feelings and needs to Jeongwon. "I am sorry I neglected you because of my prior obligations", "I wanted to spend an evening with you, so I drove over, but still called you to give you a heads up", "if you didn't have time for me, I would be sad and lonely, but that's okay, you do you". The only time she hasn't been 100% honest with her feelings was when Jeongwon hugged her, but I am getting the impression that Jisoo isn't used to getting teased herself, so her embarrassment mostly came out of surprise.

last edited at Nov 18, 2022 6:51AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

It's indeed finished (i think the extra side story chapters are still going?) and there's already a full english translation on some aggregator sites out. Nowhere near the quality of the Moonless ones though

joined Oct 2, 2021

very glad to see an update. GOD you can cut the tension with a butcher knife, i LOVE it.

Little crazy chick is probably carrying a butchers knife

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

When the psycho ex of your girlfriend keeps stalking and pestering her, with emotional blackmail and stuff, there isn't really anything to talk about. Just grab her, yell in her face "GET LOST! NOBODY LIKES YOU!" and kick her out.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

It's indeed finished (i think the extra side story chapters are still going?) and there's already a full english translation on some aggregator sites out. Nowhere near the quality of the Moonless ones though

Thanks moonless!

I'm like JD from Scrubs. Now that they like each other mutually, and there's no one in the way, I'm bored. What's wrong with me? >_>

last edited at Nov 21, 2022 1:55PM

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

Did we ever find out what the texts between Jisoo and Hwayeon mean in chapter 9 near the end?

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

You see, there's these things called
Enemies to Lovers and Polyamory

Chapter 33 spoilers:
"Why... do you always make me feel miserable?"
"Sometimes, you do the same."
That was the moment I also ship them :v

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Update for those wondering. I reached out to the scan group:

"Hii thx for reaching out abt kill switch! we have not dropped the series and we wont be dropping it anytime soon. due to the lack of staff and time bc of irl, it was put on hold for a while but dont worry! we have been working on chapters these past few weeks and it should be released within this month (or next month)~ "

To reply you must either login or sign up.