Forum › Asumi-chan Is Interested In Lesbian Brothels! discussion

joined Jun 5, 2018

I hope that this 'misunderstanding' clears up quickly. There's no merit in having things be awkward for more than a chapter. This was refreshing - to have someone else be self conscious, but it would get really cringe really fast if the pacing feels so dragged.

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

I'm gonna guess Asumi will make an awkward excuse to go to her reservation (maybe she'll be afraid of a potential ban for cancelling again), Nanao will suspect she's going to her BF and follow Asumi only to find out what her senpai actually spends all her money on lol

last edited at Apr 11, 2022 5:09AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

thanks for the delicious food

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Why is every girl in this manga so good?
They need to all live in one big house together, doing their brothel thing and just being with each other.
That is the only solution.

Also, I guess when you go to a lesbian brothel so often, I guess every intimate interaction you have with other women turns into something brothel-like.

last edited at Apr 11, 2022 7:43AM

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Asumi could get a rich girlfriend if she want but she is ironically dense.
Also that girl don’t had to jump in the idea of mc having a bf

joined Feb 10, 2022

I wouldn't mind if they end up together tho most likely Asumi will friendzone her, and end up with Mai. I mean if the author is making some development between these two I hope it's for nothing and not only just for banging cause the introduction of this character and development wouldn't make sense. These two match each other ngl and we haven't seen Mai since couples of chapter ago. In that case let her have a poly relationship with Nanao and Mai since two are better than one

last edited at Apr 11, 2022 9:48AM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

"Woof, woof" indeed!

647d03d7d32d7f4e7776be9ce8bb60f8
joined Dec 21, 2021

"Aw sh*t, here we go again."

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

What I’m expecting next chapter: Asumi lies to Nanao about having work that night so she can go to her reservation, Nanao gets suspicious and follows her, sees her heading into a hotel with another girl (if the girl’s butch enough she might assume it’s a man), but because Asumi said she had work Nao will assume that she’s the prostitute.

If she’s feeling really protective, she might even try to intervene then and there, though that would resolve the misunderstanding immediately so i doubt it.

joined Oct 22, 2020

So is this gonna turn into a love triangle or a poly?

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Yes."

joined Jan 6, 2017

Hopefully both

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I wouldn't bet on it but personally i hope so

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Today on my strange addiction! Young 20 year Asumi is addicted to female prostitutes. Le gasp audience
She swears she's just looking for her first love, but has spent thousands on the attention and affection of other young women. Stay tuned if this week's girl will be "the one"

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

These characters are all so endearing dude I love all of them. Love the dynamic in this chapter too—when actual sex is on the table, there’s this feeling that anything can happen, and it makes all the little blushy things so much more fun.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Mai did get a reservation from Asumi, but was forced to cancel it because she got sick. Or was it Asumi that got sick? I'm more sure that Mai was the one that got sick, but I'm nevertheless not completely sure.

Chapter 6: Asumi got sick. page 27

I feel more depressed than Mai-chan, this is aII unfair :( CrueI fates are keeping them apart

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

What I’m expecting next chapter: Asumi lies to Nanao about having work that night so she can go to her reservation, Nanao gets suspicious and follows her, sees her heading into a hotel with another girl (if the girl’s butch enough she might assume it’s a man), but because Asumi said she had work Nao will assume that she’s the prostitute.

If she’s feeling really protective, she might even try to intervene then and there, though that would resolve the misunderstanding immediately so i doubt it.

If this isn't exactly what happens I'll be shocked. It just seems like the only possibility.

She's probably going to assume "that horrible boyfriend of hers is forcing her to do sex work", run home, then spend a handful of chapters agonizing over how to ask Asumi about it and/or feel jealous and oops, gay panic!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Still no sign of Mai since she got sick. This is frustrating since the entire plot is all about Asumin looking for her.. Don't tell me the next time we see Mai it will be the final chapter.

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 7:05AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

If this isn't exactly what happens I'll be shocked. It just seems like the only possibility.

How about sheepishly admitting that she's hired a prostitute for the evening and inviting her to come (no pun intended) along?

... okay, probably not, but that I'd find hilarious.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Why is every girl in this manga so good?
They need to all live in one big house together, doing their brothel thing and just being with each other.
That is the only solution.

Also, I guess when you go to a lesbian brothel so often, I guess every intimate interaction you have with other women > > turns into something brothel-like.

I think Asumin's future will be owning a Brothel. She will be too good not to do so. It does not seem like her future will be going to University.

01'4
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nao imagining Asumi in a dog getup without anything else on even before the bath

Also loved the throwback to those maid outfits from her extra cosplay work hours

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 12:27PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

I noticed all the onomatopoeia are carefully translated. It must have been a helluva work to clean and rewrite everything. Now I'm full of curiosity about the originals. FE "ba-dum ba-dum" "ba-thump ba-thump" and "throb throb" given the context are all heartbeats so should be all "doki doki" right? But I wonder about "fret fret" and "shake shake" that are very similar in context too... and "scrub scrub" "slide slide" and "floof floof" are I guess variants for the sound of cleaning skin... and I wonder if "plunk" is really the right onomatopoeia for something being slowly submerged in water?

AnotherAnonymousUser
Spoon%20of%20salt
joined Jan 5, 2019

This girl is daydreaming about her employee in a collar on their first day on the job.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I noticed all the onomatopoeia are carefully translated. It must have been a helluva work to clean and rewrite everything. Now I'm full of curiosity about the originals. FE "ba-dum ba-dum" "ba-thump ba-thump" and "throb throb" given the context are all heartbeats so should be all "doki doki" right? But I wonder about "fret fret" and "shake shake" that are very similar in context too... and "scrub scrub" "slide slide" and "floof floof" are I guess variants for the sound of cleaning skin... and I wonder if "plunk" is really the right onomatopoeia for something being slowly submerged in water?

Japanese manga's sound effects are not onomatopeii but action descriptors. Neither leaving them untouched nor translating them to english onomatopeii are likely solutions from a linguist's viewpoint. How does one put in english terms the difference between "doki, doki", "uki, uki" and "waku, waku"? All things considered, it's way clearer for japanese-impaired readers to omit the sound effects altogether and add a lot of action description to compensate, like this translation does.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Japanese manga's sound effects are not onomatopeii but action descriptors. Neither leaving them untouched nor translating them to english onomatopeii are likely solutions from a linguist's viewpoint. How does one put in english terms the difference between "doki, doki", "uki, uki" and "waku, waku"? All things considered, it's way clearer for japanese-impaired readers to omit the sound effects altogether and add a lot of action description to compensate, like this translation does.

I'm personally partial to how it's done in Murcielago (and maybe most YenPress translations?) where they keep the Japanese font, put the literal romanji next to it and add an english translation to the first instance of it.
It preserves the art of it, gives insight to how it's spoken and what it actually means. Only downside is that it can look a little cluttered if there's a whole bunch of SFX happening in one panel.

To reply you must either login or sign up.