Forum › Posts by E. Vigée Le Brun

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

That moeblob baby was TOO adorbs.

I am now a melted pool of goo on the floor.

I... just hope Fuuko hasn't decided to swear off girls—and turn to the hetero life so that she too can have cute babies like that one.

I know, I know, little or no possibility... But I can't but giggle to myself when I think of the face Yuni would made, next chapter, when she meets Fuuko, if Fuuko told her that Yuni soured her on vajayjay forever. ;-D

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Good MakaMaka style stuff. Or early Virgins' Empire style. Don't you wish VE was still like this?

Personally I like today's style much much more

It used to be MakaMaka in high school.
Now it has turned into YuruYuri in high school... ^^;;

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Ooof. Big ooof.
One word, my girl: anxiolytics.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Something's odd here. I'm sure I've read all the chapters in English up to 22. So how come chapter 12 is just up as a new release, and it turns out (as I've found after checking the index) that most of volume 3 has vanished??

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Aya needs a fresh start. There's too much baggage in her relationship with Koto. Knowing that Aya is a child of fourteen weighs heavily on both of their hearts. They aren't comfortable with each other.

One thing I've noticed is that they act like they are mindblocked when it comes to Aya's issues. They're living together but they don't talk about the future at all. They just vegetate through their daily lives and carefully avoid any uncomfortable talk.

Aya is legally 21 and needs to think about what she wants to do with her life. She's a middle school dropout. She can't go to college. She could make a living from part-time jobs, but that would be a rather bleak future. She loves theatre, however, and aiming to be an actress is a possibility. She doesn't need any kind of certificate to join a troupe as an apprentice. But Koto, who should be giving her gentle pushes in the right direction, isn't doing anything at all—because knowledge of the truth about Aya obstructs her thinking. Kumagaya, on the other hand, can only think of her as an adult woman with the looks of a teen... meaning she most certainly would encourage her to follow her dream.

And in that way Erika and Koto can finally be together yes yes yes. :D :D :D

And this looks like a winner to me too. 7w7

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

But it's not just "missing person is found," but "missing adolescent returns after 7 years completely unchanged physically and mentally."

Sounds like a hoax to me. :-P

Cue the crowds of paparazzi mobbing her while shouting, "Ushio-san! Look this way! Ushio-san, why won't you come clean to the public about where you really were? Aren't you really part of a sex-slave ring?" etc.

Seriously, I know this story just wants to bracket off the question of what exactly happened to Aya (at least for now), but the "rabid press horde publicly hounds innocent person" scene is so ubiquitous in Japanese and other Asian media that I can't help imagining how it fit in here.

Then again, she's only the two-hundred-ninety-fourth person this week who pretends she comes from the past, or the future, or escaped from an alien prison, or travelled through dimensions.

People love chasing after their 15 minutes of fame and there's only so much the media can cover before boring their audience to sleep.

joined Jun 8, 2021

Anyone wanna bet Mashiro must be blaming herself for Makino's collapse? Perhaps even thinking she has failed as her lover?

And Makino's mom probably got angry, yelled at her and reinforced this idea.

Next chapter there's gonna be gloom & angst.

joined Jun 8, 2021

"men are rarely the target audience" seems unlikely too.

Do you read the notes for the readers? I mean the ones the mangaka ladies write in their yuri manga?
I remember a truckload that are adressed to girls. I can't remember even one that's adressed to boys.

joined Jun 8, 2021

Oh this manga still on going? Already read the light novel and really liked it.

Extra point that it gets certain people irrationally mad for no reason lmao.

That's right, my friend. You're quite clever. >:-)

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Nobody's talking about the art anymore? I know there have been fewer outdoors scenes and fewer landscape depictions lately, but the art is still beautiful and cinematographic and feels great to the eyes. The creative line drawing, the sense of movement, the depth of space, the visual language akin to movie-filming and the watercolor palette make this story such a delicious treat that I want to marry it and have its babies! <3

And it's a funny thing to notice that Xingyuan and Xiaoen, even tho they have come a long way in their relationship, are still like this in their interactions:

last edited at Nov 18, 2023 4:14PM

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

chapter 4 has "next chapter" linking to chapter 2

And chapter 3 "The Girls' Blouse" has been left behind for some reason?

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Why are people reading gay stories so disgusted and judgmental about other stuff like this.

There are two broad groups of people who visit this site.

1) Folks who are looking for stories.
2) Folks who are looking for wank fuel.

Presumably the folks cringing at two dudes kissing belong to group 2.

Why are bitter people coming to the forum to insult other posters? We should be here to enjoy yuri.

last edited at Sep 7, 2023 7:23PM

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

And...we should not forget that Fuuko did not answer Yuni why she loves her, they were interrupted by forceful entrance of Nanase.
She literally entered, grabbed Yuni like her possession (and Yuni liked it!) and took her away from Fuuko.

Forceful and possessive, like when just couple of chapters ago we had a scene where Fuuko openly undressed and groped Yuni in front of Nanase? I guess opening a door can be viewed similarly, perhaps. Yuni probably liked that too though, maybe she is just a fickle bitch?

Of course it's very similar, as you noticed. We can see from both examples that Yuni is submissive and enjoys to be taken, swept away (probably something close to "consensual non-consent").
Definitely she won't fight against it, as we saw from before in her interactions with Fuuko (it was "borderline assault"). And it would be, if Yuni is not as she is, consensually submissive without verbal acknowledgment. And Fuuko respected her boundaries, understanding them without speaking verbally with Yuni about them.

That's why Yuni chose Nanase this time, because she was turned on by situation and how Nanase dominated above her and Fuuko.
Probably she likes such an energy in her partner, it moves her.
And probably she feels something close to love for both girls in same time.

Does it make her bad? Not sure, she is just a typical submissive character with poly inclinations (yet not aware of it). She is something like a cat, as her avatar shows already.

You're right. This chapter made me furious for a dozen different reasons, but then again Yuni is exactly as you say. It's in character for her to react like that.

Nanase's deal is all wrong no matter how you look at it. Looking for Yuni in her free time, taking her on dates, displays of affection, sex, they don't come natural to her. She was perf happy with things as they were till now, and she's offering to make sacrifices (not big sacrifices like the club, small sacrifices) to win Yuni back. For Yuni, she'll do stuff she wouldn't do otherwise. But the point is: all those things should not be sacrifices!!!! If spending time with a girl and having sex with her is a big concession you make against your natural drive (which is to go do some more voleyball) and only agree to it to humor her, then you shouldn't be dating her in the first place!

Yuni should realize this... but the author herself said that she purposefully put in Yuni every trait she finds annoying in a woman, so it's no surprise that she made the wrong choice.

joined Jun 8, 2021

Suddenly, Kurumi realized she's craving clam!

A nitpick: Kurumi says it's "cold clam soup" she's drinking, but her bowl is releasing clouds of steam. In both panels where the bowl appears, we see that the soup is steaming! That's not a cold soup. I think there was a small error somewhere in the translation.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Kujou Ayano, for insulting the goddesses of the universe, the heavenly tribunal sentences you:

• You'll never get a love confession from Miyoshi.
  • You'll never have a kiss of love with Miyoshi.
  • You'll never enjoy nooky with Miyoshi.
  • You'll find yourself girlfriendless and miserable at the end of the manga.

Oh and there's no appeal against this wise and just punishment. Suck it up, you wretch.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Chapter 25 made everything clear on the feelings between her and Rin.

When Toudou said that, had she known that Rin wanted so much to have her as teammate for a game, she would have trained her ass off and worked as hard as needed to grant Rin's wish, I melted to a pink puddle. I am now typing this message with gooey fingers to say that, yes, Toudou x Rin (or Rin x Toudou, I'm open to debate) is now cast in iron. Peace.

joined Jun 8, 2021

These pages seem much more ecchi and explicit than normal chapters.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Not to say it's guaranteed that Yuki gets to ride off into the sunset with Nanase, but the couples are a lot less stable here, since the main theme is cheating.

'Oh, my sweet summer child,' Old Nan said quietly, 'what do you know of NTR?'

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Was this plotline axed? I get a feeling like somebody told Sal Jiang to rush through this arc and move to the next posthaste - to try and salvage the story.

Ikr, where the angst?? I feel we were robbed of the "Awww poor baybees!" that we rightfully deserved!

They should've had at least one date at the lesbian bar. Interact with the older ladies and get us some commentary from experienced lesbians about the way they're dealing with their problems. I suspect the editor told the author to stop playing around and go back to formula asap.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Was this plotline axed? I get a feeling like somebody told Sal Jiang to rush through this arc and move to the next posthaste - to try and salvage the story.

last edited at Jun 17, 2023 3:42PM

E. Vigée Le Brun
J<->M discussion 03 Jun 15:54
joined Jun 8, 2021

I wonder if Junichi has a girlfriend? Or at least a kabakura girl he favors?

It would be silly to posit that a man like him lives a life of chastity. There gotta be women in his life. Whoever they are, it's gonna be good fun when they come visiting for an impromptu booty call. Huh huh.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

the show has shown its true colors,this is ntr trash plain and simple.

Huh? it was clear as day NTR since chapter 1, what do you mean?

for real like? the title is literally "my girlfriend is not here today" and she cheats right off the bat, what did people think they were gonna get?

Welllllll.... there is a difference between cheating and ntr... but yeah this is a series where it was evident that the cheating would lead to ntr sooner or later.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_girlfriends_not_here_today_ch17#21
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_girlfriends_not_here_today_ch17#22
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_girlfriends_not_here_today_ch17#25

These 3 pages leave no room for disbelief. You're placed in Nanase's pov and you have to watch your girlfriend mock and humiliate you with cruel worlds while another person kisses, fondles and gropes her. We're now in ntr up to our ears.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I think of tags' purposes either as warning folks away who don't want that type of content -

the purpose of the tags on this site in this regard is to call all those who hate the tag into the comment section to tell how bad it is and how bad everyone is for reading.

It's astounding how many people have rushed to this thread & worked hard to prove you right.

And that's all I had to say. This story sucks, but let see to what disapointing end this will take us. Till there, I'm out.

He said, and then wrote another huge wall of tl;dr... XD

Lol at tl;dr but actually you are quite correct. I suspect most of us who look at the comments, when we come upon one of his messages, we think 'oh yawn another tirade on morals and cheating' and we jump to the next one without reading it.

last edited at May 18, 2023 10:02PM

joined Jun 8, 2021

I think of tags' purposes either as warning folks away who don't want that type of content -

the purpose of the tags on this site in this regard is to call all those who hate the tag into the comment section to tell how bad it is and how bad everyone is for reading.

That's so cynical and pessimistic.

You're absolutely right. :/

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021
Tumugiv-1264221803037089792-img1

No idea who the chicks are but I like the color palette.