Forum › Yuru Oyako discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

so wait is this chapter implying that after the previous one they fucked

Like 90% sure the “they did it” is just referring to kissing

Yeah, in the JP version it's literally just "した ." Hence Sayaka's "that's sloppy" remark.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

So yeah, uh, funny story...

So, no more updates ?

Currently getting approval on a message to explain everything, but aside from the two pages I'm allowed to post, that'll likely be it for main chapters.

Wonderful news for you and Taiyaki!

Not so wonderful for my meager income.

Oh well, food is overrated anyway.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Congratulations! I'm happy for you, Goggled Anon! And I'm so glad Taiyaki will now be able to make an honest living by writing sexy mother/daughter incest stories!

Yay, I guess?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I gotta say, the bit about this deal not affecting Goggled's other translations "for the time being" is a bit ominous-sounding.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Yay, now it's behind a paywall, thanks a fucking lot I guess

Artists want to get paid for their work?!? What do they think they have, a career?? How dare they.

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

I gotta say, the bit about this deal not affecting Goggled's other translations "for the time being" is a bit ominous-sounding.

Ya I’ve gotten so much redrawing/typesetting practice through /u/ and Goggled’s translations, I would miss contributing if it came to that

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Soooo if i understand that right, you can't continue 1x1/2 due tor your new contract unless YURI HUB will publish it?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... Add one more reason to the pile for getting a decent-paying job, though I am as ever wary of how much it would cost me to subscribe to every service that I need to in order to get the privileged access. This is the biggest criticism of paywalled content/service, BTW: What one wants or even needs is often split between so many separate services that you'd bankrupt yourself if you tried to pay all of their individual fees (even when they seem pretty reasonable on their own).

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Soooo if i understand that right, you can't continue 1x1/2 due tor your new contract unless YURI HUB will publish it?

I dunno what my involvement with that might be yet (could be that they'll get another translator working on that) but at the very least, you won't be seeing fan scanlations from me personally for that series.

... Add one more reason to the pile for getting a decent-paying job, though I am as ever wary of how much it would cost me to subscribe to every service that I need to in order to get the privileged access.

If you're talking about this specifically, the only thing you'd pay for is the plan itself. Only other thing you gotta do is create an account on Pixiv, which is free to do and relatively easy since the site has English support these days. I do believe Taiyaki's also assembling volumes of about 7 chapters or so to release on Booth if you're more a fan of one-off purchases. (Although those signed up for the Premium Taiyaki Plan get to have their say in what the English version should be titled.)

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 6:31PM

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

I think maybe the paywall might feel a bit steep for those reading a lot of series (especially compared to services like that MangaPlanet thing that licensed a bunch of works recently), but keep in mind it's exactly the same model as Taiyaki's Japanese FANBOX (with extra risk to recoup translation costs on her end). She's been updating almost weekly (skipping the first week of the month); this wasn't a "scanlation was far behind the raws" situation, many times it was up here or MD before I could even get around to reading the Japanese version.

So I think it's best to think of it more as "getting to read the chapters early", since as mentioned it appears you'll be able to buy the collected chapters at Booth later, and if it's anything like the new digital chapters on Japanese Amazon, they should be pretty inexpensive.

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 7:25PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

It's actually very disappointing seeing the negative reactions to this news, especially the person that felt the need to create an account just to voice their displeasure at the very idea of purchasing an artist's work. I'm happy for both Taiyaki and Goggled Anon, so congratulations!

last edited at Dec 14, 2020 12:54AM

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I'll support the artist by buying their physical releases when it will come (if ever). Subscription paywalls are eww to me (for lack of a better word) because it's so easy to get lost in all the hundreds of things you ACTUALLY HAVE to "subscribe to" (i.e pay monthly) to live your life.

All the best to Taiyaki and hopefully the physical release (again, if they ever do it) for both Yuru Oyako and 1x1/2 don't take so long that I've completely forgetten about it

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

This is great news, speaking candidly we do have to get used to paying for content that we like. Being someone who couldn't afford to buy stuff not that long ago and coming from a really, really piracy-loving country, I can relate to those who aren't too fond of paywalls (though looking at my giant digital backlog on Kobo and Kindle I'm starting to question if I didn't turn the other way a bit too much), but yeah, compilations still exist and, most importantly, artists need to eat. Especially self-publishing ones.

I do feel like the choice of Fanbox might not have been the optimal one, considering Patreon et al. are more common among the English-speaking readership, but hope that it works out, it's still straightforward and with an English translation.

Really glad for both Taiyaki and Goggled.

Tumblr_nj0kgfmtjf1r8wxq1o1_540
joined Dec 28, 2016

Awesome news, it means that thing won't show up here anymore

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Its not getting sad =because of author we are sad becasue we dont have money / I wish for author to get what they deserve too but and no one is wishing for author to lose money its just we cant read it anymore and n no way in hell we are gonna ask you how we should feel / It is sad when you cant read something you really like but Im still rooting for Taiyaki hope their work will be more famous now/

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 8:18PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Awesome news, it means that thing won't show up here anymore

And then you have this. Seriously, if it bothers you so very very much, why are you even still here? You've never brought anything productive to this discussion, yet you still keep coming back to post random garbage like this. Why?

last edited at Dec 14, 2020 12:55AM

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Its not getting sad =because of author we are sad becasue we dont have money / I wish for author to get what they deserve too but and no one is wishing for author to lose money its just we cant read it anymore and n no way in hell we are gonna ask you how we should feel / It is sad when you cant read something you really like but Im still rooting for Taiyaki hope their work will be more famous now/

This is my feeling as well. It's not anger that it's happening, it's a sense of loss because all these vying and competing places asking for money we don't have because we're giving it to another place already or just don't make the income.

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 9:49PM

Guardian of the Lilies
Img_0004
joined Mar 15, 2016

Yo, congrats goggled anon for being an official translator for Taiyaki

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This is my feeling as well. It's not anger that it's happening, it's a sense of loss because all these vying and competing places asking for money we don't have because we're giving it to another place already or just don't make the income.

This, I'm happy for people becoming successful and making a living from their work. It's just unfortunate that there's so many services that we have be apart of in order to keep up with everything, and it's also very confusing in my opinion. I honestly can't keep with how many anime, tv shows, movies, manga, light novels, and so fourth, end up on so many different platforms across the internet. I wish I was able to keep up on all of it, but I unfortunately just don't have the money or the memory to remember every subscription website, especially when there's constantly new sites popping up that pick up various series.

Edit: Mainly also just the memory to keep track of which site, publisher, so fourth, has which series. There's so many series I try to keep up with, and my memory fails me sometimes unfortunately.

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 10:14PM

Tumblr_messaging_p85l43ndwo1urvydc_1280
joined Mar 15, 2017

good job anon for getting to work with the creator

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Good for GoggledA to be working with Taiyaki and publisher.
Awesome. :D
Seems to me that a lot of Yuri works are getting licensed lately. Sweet.

Untitled152_20200613025305
joined Jun 12, 2020

I feel like as years pass, there will be less and less good Yuri manga that you can read online for free.. but it's not like I'm angry at the artists for wanting to get paid for their works but there's still many for us who probably can't or don't have an income for paying them.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Sigh, conflicted feelings on this. In any case, I'd still like to read this, but the instructions are kind of confusing to me, can anyone link the actual page I need to go to to pay?

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I would support her wholly if she draws more Onee-loli.
Still glad to know that she recognizes us.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

While I'm happy about this development, I can't say I agree with the marketing strategy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.