Forum › Posts by Artemiy

Artemiy
Yuru Oyako discussion 13 Dec 19:48
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

This is great news, speaking candidly we do have to get used to paying for content that we like. Being someone who couldn't afford to buy stuff not that long ago and coming from a really, really piracy-loving country, I can relate to those who aren't too fond of paywalls (though looking at my giant digital backlog on Kobo and Kindle I'm starting to question if I didn't turn the other way a bit too much), but yeah, compilations still exist and, most importantly, artists need to eat. Especially self-publishing ones.

I do feel like the choice of Fanbox might not have been the optimal one, considering Patreon et al. are more common among the English-speaking readership, but hope that it works out, it's still straightforward and with an English translation.

Really glad for both Taiyaki and Goggled.

Artemiy
1 x ½ discussion 16 Nov 04:25
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

What happened to the Sekai Project release of this...? Looks like they erased it from history.

Artemiy
Yurumon discussion 13 Apr 07:58
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Yep, apparently the new translator intends to work on it for a while and found a typesetter to help him.

Raws from geocities are all safe, too, so no worries there, and Manzyu started gradually uploading them to pixiv anyway.

Artemiy
Roid discussion 25 Mar 02:08
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

It bothered me as well and it's sort of addressed later on.

Artemiy
Roid discussion 24 Mar 17:28
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

I would have actually loved some weird self-cest, Yoshitomi Akihito's Tomorrow's Me and Koume Keito's Kagami no Wakusei are among my favorite oneshots, but don't worry, it doesn't go there at all.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 5:29PM

Artemiy
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

cloba.U said to pay attention to the small text on the guitar on this page, but it's unreadable on the tiny-ass digital raws. Here's a slightly bigger version. I think I can make out 弾いて (play me), but that's it.

Nice catch, I didn't notice it at all because of the digital raws. You're right, it's mostly 弾いて accompanied by stuff like あの曲もう一度聞かせて. Basically the text on the guitar means "play it (the guitar), play it, let me hear that song once again".

Artemiy
Roid discussion 24 Mar 11:23
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

^ Is it a matter of people being too busy IRL, or would another pair of hands help?

It's hard to say, but one of the guys does seem to be busy IRL and another switched to a different manga now since there's not much to do with the other guy being busy. I'll try to check with them how we should proceed, if at all. I don't have much time to do volume 7 right now, but there are still two volumes worth of content (well, 5 is short, but still) to release, and if they're otherwise busy for the foreseeable future it may certainly be a good idea to get help.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Tama-chan is, indeed, a total seme (総攻め)

Artemiy
Roid discussion 24 Mar 09:04
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Stella no Mahou

Artemiy
Roid discussion 24 Mar 08:42
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

I don't have much time unfortunately so I was hoping to grab some group's interest and disappear into the shadows, but if nobody takes over then I may continue at an extremely glacial pace, I do like this manga a lot.

It's certainly a little motivating that unlike another manga that I spent a lot of time on (and has two more volumes translated past the latest released chapter but the group is basically now in cryo-sleep) this one seems to be received much better straight from the get-go.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 8:43AM

Artemiy
Roid discussion 24 Mar 07:55
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

That arm confused me to no end but it was probably just one of Mamoru's limbs, since it never came up afterwards. Yui can procure prosthetic parts rather easily, so they probably used some of those for Reina's robot as well.

Neat, so we really are getting a proper sci fi story? That's cool.

Not a super original one, but a neat one with a bit of shounen-like spice.

I tried to suggest they upload Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō to this site, but it was apparently a no go.

That's a shame, I thought it was pretty gay. But at least it's so popular that you can read it anywhere anyway. Roid is a Yuri Hime title so that's why it must've been accepted.

The world always needs more SF yuri.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 7:58AM

Artemiy
Roid discussion 24 Mar 04:56
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

You all are expecting too much of a 10-chapter manga, as good as it is, but there is some very nice mutual jealousy indeed. But it's definitely more SF than yuri, reminded me a lot of Atom The Beginning.

Artemiy
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Does anyone have the raws for the chapters that will be in the last volume? It's still more than a month away, and I'm dying of curiosity.

Artemiy
Comic Girls discussion 27 Jun 04:42
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Um....why has Kaosu suddenly started to be called Kaos?

I would guess that's because she's called Kaos in the Crunchyroll script. I'm actually surprised nobody went for Chaos, though maybe it's because of "Kirara Chaos".

Artemiy
Yurumon discussion 25 Feb 08:28
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Yay, more Yurumon!

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 8:28AM

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Try manually setting the encoding to Shift-JIS in Notepad++ if it shows something different on the bottom right.

Otherwise, try unpacking and repacking the original patch.xp3 and run the game. If it doesn't run, the the problem is on the repacking side - perhaps it's not getting encrypted and the game expects it to be. In that case you can either try KrkrExtract to repack - it most definitely works - or unpack and repack every xp3 and remove xp3dec.tpm, which should make the game accept unencrypted xp3-s.

Edit, for posterity: I fiddled around, and kotonoha.exe also contains some scripts inside so for going full unencrypted it needs to be extracted as well and rebuilt with Kirikiri official tools. That also lets you translate the... grand total of six game window's menu items.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 1:15PM

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

@Seira: You need to save files with the Shift-JIS encoding (a.k.a. cp932), I would presume. If you use e.g. Notepad++, it automatically recognizes it and saves the file correctly. I think Sublime can do it as well with a Convert​To​UTF8 plugin installed.

The error you're getting seems to mention the apostrophe symbol, but I just tried ' and " and it works perfectly fine when saved as Shift-JIS.

Also, well done getting Crage to work, I had some trouble with that one until it worked for me.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 10:40AM

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

What did you use to extract the scenario?

Found a tool for you that works with Amrilato: https://github.com/xmoeproject/KrkrExtract - instructions at https://xmoeproject.github.io/KrkrExtract/

In short:
* Make sure to download the latest game patches
* Download a zip of the repository
* Throw KrkrExtract.exe, KrkrExtract.dll and KrkrFilePacker.exe in KrkrExtract/Release/ into the game folder
* Change your locale to Japanese if you haven't (Locale emulator won't help)
* Drag kotonoha.exe on KrkrExtract.exe
* Drag patch.xp3 (it overwrites everything or almost everything in scenario.xp3) inside the window, files will be extracted to a folder KrkrExtract_Output in the game folder
* Edit *.ks scripts
* Select the KrkrExtract_Output/patch folder in KrkrExtract, select patch.xp3 as source archive, patch2.xp3 as destination archive
* Run the game, check results

You can also backup and remove patch.xp3 and rename patch2.xp3 to patch.xp3.

If KrkrExtract crashes or misbehaves, right-click on it, Properties, try setting "Run as administrator" in "Compatibility" tab and/or try Windows 7 compatibility. It's a bit buggy, I had to use admin mode for extraction and non-admin for packing files back due to different bugs.

(I'll also note that I'm generally available for help, I know some moon and some coding)

last edited at Jan 17, 2018 3:53PM

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Actually, Ludwik Lejzer Zamenhof was Polish who spoke native Russian, besides just knowing a hell of a lot of (mostly European) languages, so there are quite a number similarities with Slavic languages as well as Western European ones. As a native Russian speaker myself who learned some German a lifetime ago, it was indeed rather easy for me to pick up a number of words and basic grammar as I was playing the game.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

An actual Kotonoha Amrilato doujin, here.
My life is complete.

I can't for the life of me do any programming, which has proved to be problematic. (If anyone wants to hmu, let me know ;))

What specifically are you having trouble with? Putting the text back in, encoding troubles, font display troubles, transforming it into a more convenient form for TL?

Also, I would imagine this to be a little annoying to translate, given that Rin often makes remarks on how Japanese works differently, and with English and Esperanto being much more similar than Japanese and Esperanto.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

This comes up every once in a while here and on discord and elsewhere, there is a more or less functional Android app as an alternative to this one, which I'll shamelessly plug here just in case as this app/thread is more well-known among Dynasty denizens and in google search.

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/7480-oneesama-a-simple-dynasty-reader-app-for-android

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Hm. Ghosts, zombies, school life... Anyone have idea what game could it be?

Pretty sure it's based on Girlfriend Beta

Artemiy
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Well, actual credit for that goes to a Stella fan I know who pointed me to the blog, which I didn't even realize existed. And it turned out to be pretty plot-relevant, even if mostly as a side show. It's actually a shame the blog hasn't been updated since the airing of the anime.

last edited at Sep 29, 2017 6:52AM

Artemiy
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

suddenly Serious Business ಠ╭╮ಠ

( Making games is hard. )- ד_ד

last edited at Sep 28, 2017 5:24AM

Artemiy
Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Tags here on Dynasty tend to go places sometimes, and this is likely an allusion to Lots of sex tag now having lots of disciples like Lots of brushing, Lots of Ink, Lots of JPG artifacts, Lots of Kotori, etc.

There are lots of odd tags around here.