Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

joined Sep 13, 2018

Ignoring the transphobes for my own health lmao. It's a shame that Kita pulls out this sort of people, honestly I'd really appreciate seeing a gay trans lady (Because Kita does like their girlfriend) and I'm hoping the manga goes in that direction. I like the introduction of Kita and their sister, esp because the sister is funny. It's overall building for a really fun cast like Wanko's manager or their neighbors. I'm still curious for the direction of Wanko's one coworker, the one that isn't gay.

Sheenah_the_Dino
Hetero%20vibes
joined Sep 25, 2021

Came here to discuss the latest chapter. Only found transphobia. Kind of grossed out and down right now. Still, super happy to see the strong stance the staff is taking here.

Anyway, plz help me out here. Who was shown in that game? The text next to the last page suggests we're supposed to recognize someone but idk.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Coming up, Sakuma wasting all her money to get Wanko's character in the game. :P

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

bloodonthewater posted:

Further, the "egg" shit is gross - that term originates from creeplords that stalk minors online and try to groom them into self-harm by convincing them their struggles with puberty make them trans. The transtrenders are destroying what little acceptance the poor souls actually suffering from gender dysphoria have managed to gain.

Correct. Kids fall for this shit en-masse because they want to be special and different.

You'll get buried with "Transphobe" accusations however, as seen in the comments above this one.

edit: removed me just repeating what i quoted lol

Missed this since we posted at the same time. You can go too, for the same reasons as stated above. Take care.

joined Sep 13, 2018

Anyway, plz help me out here. Who was shown in that game? The text next to the last page suggests we're supposed to recognize someone but idk.

I'm not sure if we're suppose to recognize, but rather keep the game in mind, as I imagine Wanko might get her break voice acting for a girl in that game (And it'll probably result in the sister or her friend becoming a fan of Wanko and thus you get a more humorous repeat of the vtuber incident mentioned in this chapter)

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Lil update regarding the next chapter: Unfortunately, our typesetter had a last minute hard drive malfunction, which not only meant losing the chapter they had been typesetting, but also means they don't have any RAWs for ch84 as it's fallen behind paywall with the release of ch85. If anyone has been religiously backing up RAWs or has some way of obtaining ch84 for us, do swing by /u/'s Translation Thread. Otherwise we might have to skip over it.

Update: OrangePekoe, you glorious bastard, you've done it again. :)

last edited at Oct 2, 2021 9:39PM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Way to go Wanko ! I do wish her industry wasn't so messed up though, Japan can be pretty weird about that stuff (^^)

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Can you fucking imagine your neighbor fucking waltzing up to you and saying some shit like "yo heard you and her banging last night, fucking radical"

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Can you fucking imagine your neighbor fucking waltzing up to you and saying some shit like "yo heard you and her banging last night, fucking radical"

I mean, if you're doing it loudly enough for your neighbors to hear, you've kind of forfeited any right to privacy.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I mean, if you're doing it loudly enough for your neighbors to hear, you've kind of forfeited any right to privacy.

I've heard a lot of places to live in Japan are really bad when it comes to sound privacy, I think for a few reasons, but it's probably less on them and more on structural design.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

FROM THE BALCONY!?

Wanko's hair is cute in a ponytail.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Oh yes, Japan's idol industry/culture and their bullshit no romance policy. Their life is too cute amd wholesome that I forget they're living in a backwater bullshit society.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

If at least mangas acknowledged how fucked up this is, but of course they don't ...

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

this is where i watched my idol career start parappa

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

For the record, Wanko is 22 at the start of the series. In other words, she has just consigned herself and Sakuma to 7 to 8 years of celibacy for the purpose of entertaining weirdos and potential stalkers. I do not know how that can be seen as a positive development.

joined Jun 30, 2017

Yeah, this whole no-dating policy is an egregious abuse of human rights companies adhere to to pander to incels. Not to mention that it is literally illegal and officially cannot be enforced. It's honestly a pretty negative development for the story, and I'll be quite disappointed if the manga just glosses over it like they usually do.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I took psychic damage from this chapter

joined Jun 11, 2016

Oh yes, Japan's idol industry/culture and their bullshit no romance policy. Their life is too cute amd wholesome that I forget they're living in a backwater bullshit society.

yeah seriously, the no-romance policy is absolutely stupid and creepy.

For the record, Wanko is 22 at the start of the series. In other words, she has just consigned herself and Sakuma to 7 to 8 years of celibacy for the purpose of entertaining weirdos and potential stalkers. I do not know how that can be seen as a positive development.

well, her career just turned from near-hopeless to "lots of prospect", so career-wise, it's a win.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I've heard a lot of places to live in Japan are really bad when it comes to sound privacy, I think for a few reasons, but it's probably less on them and more on structural design.

Yes, it's one of the reasons why love hotels are a thing.

Also there's no way they'll survive 8 years without PDA, they're too lovey dovey.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, the harsh life of an idol('s voice actress)...

If at least mangas acknowledged how fucked up this is, but of course they don't ...

Didn't this one just?

Not to mention that it is literally illegal and officially cannot be enforced.

I mean, yes, but the bigger problem is the reaction of the fans. They don't need to enforce it, the hate from the fans is enough to ensure you'll be out of work for quite a while. Usually blows over after some time, though. But yeah, as bad as the industry is for requiring this, it's what their customers demand. :(

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Didn't this one just?

I mean, yes, but the bigger problem is the reaction of the fans. They don't need to enforce it, the hate from the fans is enough to ensure you'll be out of work for quite a while. Usually blows over after some time, though. But yeah, as bad as the industry is for requiring this, it's what their customers demand. :(

fyck those customers then, an industry like that should just burn to the ground

joined Jul 26, 2016

fyck those customers then, an industry like that should just burn to the ground

Are you sure you're old enough to view some of the content on this site?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's so much better to be a vtuber in the industry these days, some of them get to sing endings, participate in huge events and become voice actors too... They get figures made and they don't have to worry about being seen outside or keeping the make up all the time, not no mention many are openly pervert or in a relationship.

But you still some scandals from time to time regarding the shitty idol "culture" even with vtubers.

Also for what I understood, is not that they can't see each others ever again, they can still do it like rabbits in the house but they can't be seem together outside... They probably need to keep their voice down a bit too at home.

last edited at Oct 4, 2021 7:43AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Didn't this one just?

It's basically turning women into quite litteral ''objects'' and there's just no way to rationalize it in my book, especially as a woman. Different cultures and all aside, this is an objectively wrong practice.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Is so wrong this banned, is only to create the illusion that the fans can had chance with them that in case of her is goings againts her relationship

To reply you must either login or sign up.