Forum › Our Days Under One Roof discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This is gonna make me diabetic

Nanofate
joined Sep 10, 2014

These two remind me of my cousin and her wife.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

i love this author

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Just curious, but what was "Neckcrick-chan" originally?

Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

Just curious, but what was "Neckcrick-chan" originally?

It was originally exactly that! Kon-san calls her "ねちがえちゃん" (Nechigae-chan"), where Nechigae = Neck crick.

Screen%20shot%202020-05-04%20at%2010.17.35%20pm
joined Jul 1, 2015

I love you neckcrick-chan

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

John Oliver on the comedy news show Last Week Tonight did a segment on Japanese city mascots. He even created one for the show. Then had the mascot travel to japan and meet a city mascot. The mascots became friends. It was sweet, in a totally creepy way.

last edited at Apr 25, 2021 12:11AM

joined Sep 4, 2016

John Oliver on the comedy news show Last Week Tonight did a segment on Japanese city mascots. He even created one for the show. Then had the mascot travel to japan and meet a city mascot. The mascots became friends. It was sweet, in a totally creepy way.

I was going to say exactly the same thing!

Chiitan and Chiijohn.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I was going to say exactly the same thing!

Chiitan and Chiijohn.

OMG I remember that!

joined Jul 28, 2020

Neckcrick-chan merch when? She could make it big and be the next Kumamon!

joined Sep 4, 2020

Is the rubbing under your arm thing actually helpful, or is it just another weird, un-scientific Japanese superstition like getting a cold by sleeping under a kotatsu or walking in the rain?

joined Nov 22, 2019

Is the rubbing under your arm thing actually helpful, or is it just another weird, un-scientific Japanese superstition like getting a cold by sleeping under a kotatsu or walking in the rain?

I was literally thinking this exact thing. Hard to take advice from manga when a lot of it is based off superstitious tropes. I wonder if Japanese people actually believe that being cold=cold virus, or if it is just a trope.

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

So I woke up with a neck crick this morning and tried the rubbing under your elbows thing. Holy crap it works!

Just goes to show Yuri manga improves your life in all sorts of unexpected ways.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Wholesome, that's all I have to say.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Have a fight > Reconcile > Relationship gets stronger, this is how romance in popular media is often portrayed, but it is a demonstrably bad example for real life romance. Having a fight and then breaking up is much more true to real life, as is having a fight, reconciling, and then having the same fight all over again ad nauseam.

In real life, when people in a relationship successfully work through a fight, the stages tend to go more like: Have a fight > Reconcile > Spend time and effort to strengthen their bonds > Relationship gets stronger. But with this model, you can just cut out the Fight and Reconcile steps entirely and be just as happy.

People often have differences, but there are ways to resolve differences that don't equal having a fight. But those methods aren't dramatic, and drama drives sales of romance media.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Adorable as always, except there's more of it now so it's even MORE adorable ^_^ Inui-sensei and Kon-san sure are lucky to have each other. I'm sorta the ''Ayu'' of my couple now that I think about it, I just about never get mad but I can be quite pigheaded at times ^^

last edited at Jun 19, 2021 7:04PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@icekatze yes but I would say ALL relationships STILL go through the fight and make up stage- its gonna happen before you get to know each other well enough to have done much bond strengthening. Its bound to happen in those first few years as you get to know each other and learn.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

If a person is cold for a long time, it can depress their immune system. This isn't such an issue nowadays in say North America because generally when we get cold it's for a short time and then we go into a centrally heated building such as our home which is nice and warm throughout.
But traditionally most Japanese homes are not centrally heated . . . so like, if you're out in the rain and come home you don't necessarily warm up immediately. And if you're using a kotatsu, the part that is under there feels toasty . . . but the part that sticks out may be quite cold, and if you go to sleep that way instead of actually getting in bed under the covers so you're all warm, that might not be so good.
I get the impression there's a lot more heating options in modern Japanese homes, but nonetheless, I don't think those things are purely superstition, at least in their origins.

last edited at Jun 20, 2021 1:58AM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

yay for serialization! glad something autobiographical about living your best gay life gets that attention. conveys that these stories happen in the real world.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

@icekatze yes but I would say ALL relationships STILL go through the fight and make up stage- its gonna happen before you get to know each other well enough to have done much bond strengthening. Its bound to happen in those first few years as you get to know each other and learn.

Any time one gets multiple people together, there are bound to be disagreements. But whether those disagreements quality as a fight depends on how the people express themselves and what one's definition of a fight is. I mean, there's there's a difference between what counts as an argument on the Jerry Springer Show, and what counts as an argument in debate club. Cheerleaders may shout out "fight!" during a sporting event, but it's a very different kind of fight than a drunken brawl.

In my understanding, in order to qualify as a fight, a disagreement needs at least one of the following:
• Physical violence
• Threats
• Shouting
• Speaking with the deliberate intent to cause emotional distress
• Name calling or personal attacks
• Arguing in bad faith (gaslighting, doing whatever it takes to get the last word, etc.)

Acting passive aggressively after giving up on reaching an understanding might count in some cases too, but that partially depends on people's expectations for the relationship. People who are only casually in a relationship don't necessarily need to reach an understanding on a lot of things. But people really ought to be able to address their differences without resorting to any of the above.

I'm not saying having a fight is a deal breaker in a relationship either. But I would suggest that having a fight (in terms of the above list) is a big warning sign, rather than an indication that everything is normal. I'm also not saying one shouldn't enjoy dramas. Just keep in mind that they're not always going to be as realistic as an autobiographical story. ;)

joined Dec 5, 2019

How I miss my magical bedroom. When I lived with my mother I would simply close the door when I went out and when I came back everything was clean and the clothes were washed and stored, It was a wonderful magical bedroom.
Now in my place I have to do It all by hand, no Magic here

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

Serialization Pog, lets gooooo! I really love this irl stuff, although I'm sure theres a lot more we don't see, its fun to see life through the lens of the author.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Inui-sensei is a precious innocent cinnamon roll who must be protected at all costs!

…is what I would have said before seeing her one-shot in the anthology My Sweet Home, which is themed on mother-daughter incest. Her story is among the spicier meatballs in the book, too. A lot different from anything else I've seen from her, but going by her afterword, that was the goal. The anthology as a whole is pretty uneven, on par with the less exciting Eclair books (that is, unless mother x daughter is your thing, in which case…?).

I'm very happy this got upgraded to a serialization. These diary comics come and go so quickly and I love them so much.

last edited at Jun 20, 2021 11:35PM

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

oh my god inui-sensei and kon-san uhauled that's great

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Ah yes, the u-haul lesbians, truly showing the culture of mankind

To reply you must either login or sign up.