Forum › Posts by jq-

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

Proposal for a "family life" tag! I'm not sure where to best draw the line for when something is a theme versus an episode, but I was thinking works like AniYome and I Hope It's Sunny Tomorrow would certainly qualify, and then there are some that are more uncertain?

not at all asking because I'm considering a series that might have 0 tags if not for this one's appearance heh

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

(sorry I only check here to make suggestions and never check again oops)

[...] my question was: Is it desirable to have a tag whose primary use (I'm assuming!) will be to mark individual chapters within long series?

I think for me, "Festival" would be a similar tag to "Christmas" or "Valentine's", where it marks events or motifs in a story? Or maybe said in another way, I can see an argument that those tags are more of themes than individual markers......but also often show as markers for longer series? I'm not super attached to the idea though, so I'm mostly talking out loud rather than strongly fighting for this!

(Selfishly, I also like tags like that because when I re-read my favourite series, it makes it easier to organise in my mind where the story was, and jump to specific chapters.......)

Unrelated, I'd like to suggest "Makeup" and (or?) "Fashion" as a tag as well. At the very least, I know Yuri Project are working on a series that would like a tag like that...

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

if you liked that theme, it's still a oneshot, but Jewels is a really nice example~

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

I want to suggest "Festival" as a tag, for both school cultural/sports festivals and other festivals~

see: 1, 2, 3

also in that line of thought, maybe "Yukata" as well? maybe that overlaps because it tends to coexist with summer festivals.......but could be useful for images? (but I know less about tagging in that world.....)

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

I want to suggest a "Public transportation" tag! (or some similar name, because I'm bad with names......)

I was imagining using it to mark works with settings on public transportation (like buses or trains or planes) because isn't it everyone's fantasy to break the monotony of commuting life with a meetcute???

Some works that made me think of this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_love_yet_to_bloom
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/our_15_minute_secret_garden
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/one_sided_love

Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

Oooops! The kendo/archery mixup was definitely a mistake, not an intentional choice! Totally my fault; I must've just read "-dou" and jumped straight to kyuudou without looking back.

I've uploaded a correction now~

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

sorry everyone ...... it came to my attention that I originally uploaded the chapter with a page (page 61) missing ...... naturally, that's a page that makes Miko and Shiori's conversation make much less sense when it's missing ............ I've put it in now, so if you're like The immaculate and feeling like you missed something .... you did, sorry.... hopefully you can see this message x_x

Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

Every chapter beyond what has already been translated is currently only available through the author's Fanbox. Although I plan to keep translating this series, I'm not planning on translating and releasing more chapters until the author decides to release them publicly.

In the meantime, if you're curious, you can subscribe to the author's Fanbox for updates and sketches here: https://aoikanidayo.fanbox.cc/ (there are other fun posts too, like one about a trip they took to the aquarium!)

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

I'm going to refrain from responding to your thoughts directly, LiLa, because I've read some chapters ahead and I want to make sure what I might say doesn't come from a different set of information.

But still, I wanted to take the time to say I thought this part you wrote (and the idea it's connected to) was really really lovely:

I do not consider happiness a stationary construct, it is an ever flowing river and will be influenced by the curves of the land. It is entirely possible to forcefully chip away at the sides and dig a path straight through, creating your own little canal, but only few have the monumental strength to force a river through land. To continue growing until the ocean is reached, it would be preferable to adapt.

last edited at Dec 29, 2021 5:29AM

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

This chapter moved a bit akwardly

probably because I .... forgot to upload page 145 ..... ahhhhh...... sorry, working on fixing that right now >__<

Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

Ahhhhhh I'm so happy this is being worked on! I've been following the serial in Yuri Hime and it's just so nice and loving :>>>

"Fall in love" stories are great, but "established couple" stories are also a delight, and there aren't enough of them!!

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

As someone who doesn't follow what groups do, is it normal for groups to say if they drop something?

Not saying they have or haven't here, just curious.

It's probably uncommon for a group to make a formal announcement if they've dropped something, but I would say in most cases, if you asked a group, they'd be happy to tell you whether or not they were still working on it.

At least in this case, I can tell you in confidence that this series is still being worked on~

Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

The publication of the book that contained this story is a bit complicated, but long story short, it's more accurate to say that this story is completed than dropped, so I've adjusted the tag to prevent further confusion.

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

I can confirm it is! I just updated the tags~

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

Small mistake in page 126 last panel [...]

Did she really make a mistake, or should that be N?

Thanks to you both! The mistake has been corrected and the person responsible for the error has been put out to pasture.

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

Just curious, but what was "Neckcrick-chan" originally?

It was originally exactly that! Kon-san calls her "ねちがえちゃん" (Nechigae-chan"), where Nechigae = Neck crick.

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

Only subtext? It is pretty damn gay, nice seeing it here.

I agree with you, but I admit I felt somewhat uncomfortable being the arbiter of tags, particularly given the attacks Nettaigyo has been taking as of late. Under-promise but over-deliver seemed safer to me than the reverse... but I suppose we can let consensus decide here...

Chapter 29 page 3 has an empty bubble.

Whoops! Fixed that, thank you~

Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

thanks Ushimitsu! (and Kyhkaen!) -- there are new notes to reflect the details of Kurumi's trip now~ hopefully people who haven't caught the chapter yet can learn like I did^^

last edited at Apr 9, 2021 8:52PM

jq- Uploader
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

p267 is a duplicate of p269

Naturally. One day I'll do an upload without issues ...... OTL. (I think) I've just fixed it, thanks for pointing it out~