Forum › Seagull Villa days discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Bless Kodama Naoko, this is gonna be awesome.

YES! YES! YES!

When I read "by Kodama Naoko" I actually went: SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

All hail the holy peri of yuri!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Not having any spoiler info, before I read that first post I was guessing that her "friend" who betrayed her wasn't really pregnant and had actually slept with and told her ex that she was pregnant in order to get him away from Mayumi because she was in love with her but never had the guts to actually tell her how she felt. The part at the end makes that even more likely.

I suspect we'll find out that Mayumi has a history of same sex attraction dating back to college or something...

I mean yes that's totally what i think but i don't know i must treat it like a spoiler.

I think your phrasing confused some folks, sorry. I didn't have the time to check, so it's just safer to throw spoiler tags on everything when other posters felt they may be. I've un-tagged the appropriate posts.

I find it kind of amusing people are already developing these kinds of theories based on the very limited information we have available, but it is Kodama Naoko, I guess.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

It's literally the first chapter? The way the allegedly-pregnant woman bites her nail while wondering where the heroine disappeared to clearly indicates that something is going on there.

Of course whether it's some sort of love-triangle or something else we don't know. But it's Kodama. ^^

Either way; it's kinda ... bland? I don't know. All seems like stuff that's been done too often before.

"I only banged your bf because I wuv you" seems like a very poor way of picking up girls to me, but then again, her bf was a scumbag cheater, so what do I know.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Kind of a mixed vibe I get from this chapter... When it comes to this series, I'm either gonna like it a lot or super-regret picking it up. Nothing in between.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Kodama back with the melodramatic trash it seems. Her one shots and shorts can be good. Any series beyond 3 chapters has no hope.

And yet we take her trash and gobble it up..

I kinda like her stuff to be honest XD because this shit happens to alot of people... so i will gladly take this “trash” and gobble it up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) looks promising and good so far

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Let's me guess...

Touko pregnancy (be it real or fake), is to make Mayumi break up, because Touko love Mayumi.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

YES! YES! YES!

Um, you do realize this series is Umineko-Sou Days, right?

This one: https://tmofans.com/library/manga/43065/umineko-sou-days

Don't tell me you've never read the Spanish scanlation before?

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

... You sure you quoted the right person?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This one: https://tmofans.com/library/manga/43065/umineko-sou-days

Don't tell me you've never read the Spanish scanlation before?

Yes.
I'm just happy they started translating it to English.

There are so many good yuri manga that have been (or are being) translated to Spanish or other languages, but never were translated to English...

Btw, some people seem to be complaining already about what they figure will be the coming developments of the story. Geez, peepz, this is Kodama: you should know already what to expect from her! If it ain't your thing, don't read it. I can tell you right now, without spoiling anything, that ALL the characters in this manga have gone through Bad Things (tm) in the past and still carry the open wounds. It's going to be a a roller coaster of emotions as we find out whether they can lick each other's wounds and make them all better or whether they will end up wounding each other even more. Take this as a fair warning, 'kay?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Renai Manga is the only work I like by this mangaka I think? And I'm no fan of melodrama and cheating / love triangle kinda situations.. but I guess I will check in on it some, see how it goes?

The art is certainly very good.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Oh pooh. From the cover I was hoping for a cuddly OL x Single Mom story...

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

She tends to do stuff I really like or I just DON'T like. WE'll see? lol

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

It's literally the first chapter? The way the allegedly-pregnant woman bites her nail while wondering where the heroine disappeared to clearly indicates that something is going on there.

Of course whether it's some sort of love-triangle or something else we don't know. But it's Kodama. ^^

Either way; it's kinda ... bland? I don't know. All seems like stuff that's been done too often before.

"I only banged your bf because I wuv you" seems like a very poor way of picking up girls to me, but then again, her bf was a scumbag cheater, so what do I know.

I was thinking the same thing

art is good
big are boobs

nvm just saw the raws
too much drama bs

last edited at Aug 5, 2019 7:01PM by

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I wonder if the reason Rin thought Mayumi was going to commit suicide was because someone in her life committed suicide.
And Touko is definitely trying to steal Mayumi for herself. Just look at that evil smirk.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Calm posted:

Let's me guess...

Touko pregnancy (be it real or fake), is to make Mayumi break up, because Touko love Mayumi.

If that's the case then still a bitch move because, seriously what she thought it was gonna happen? she will be like "oh? so you sleep with my bf but that was just a joke kek, I love you instead... Ah that's good then, let's be happy together because my bf cheated on me so he's no good, but you cheated me because you love me :DDDD"

Sorry Lili, I guess the info dump you threw seemed like a big spoiler because when you said "Yikes, it's uploaded here!" made it sound that you were already very familiar with it imo.

What I'm really REALLY hoping to see is warikitta-kankei-desu-kara, but well, not the place to discuss my desires XP

Is really hard to not give this a chance after that bath scene... ugghgh CURSE YOU FANSERVICE AND YOUR SWEET ALLURE >:(

last edited at Aug 5, 2019 7:21PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Sorry Lili, I guess the info dump you threw seemed like a big spoiler because when you said "Yikes, it's uploaded here!" makes it seem that you were already familiar with it.

Well i read the 1st chapter on Mangadex since Lee Nyan had pinged me over it I will be honest that i didn't see the name of Naoko before reading at first so i pretty much read it without bad thought. But the fake pregnancy seem really plausible to me because the 3rd one feel like she have done that just to make MC break up but that's just a theory (a game theory).

joined Apr 18, 2018

Kodama Naoko can surely draw, if nothing else. Her lewd scenes are so fuckin good. Don't really care about drama as long as there's no involvement of men.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Well, that was certainly something. Just not sure what. Look like it could get pretty crazy...

joined Jan 8, 2014

YES! YES! YES!

Finally some positive comments...im like new yuri upload whats there to complain about ^_^

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

A friend kiss is a very nice thing guys, right? I mean it's the beginning of two peps who will be a couple! Subscribed.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Uploaded a few hours ago and already two pages of comments.
The power of Kodama Naoko.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

YES! YES! YES!

seconded, can't wait to see how the story goes full angst and drama while the comments wage yuri world war III about how kodama is considered either SHIT or THE SHIT

last edited at Aug 5, 2019 8:08PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

BIG SAME

I am neutral to what the manga actually is, will probably read anyways just cause why not, but I was still dissapointed it wasn't something like what you said...

Also is this really a love triangle including her former friend??? cause if it is WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I love yuri with kids!! I'm not sure about Kodama Naoko yuri with kids. Seems terrifying.

To reply you must either login or sign up.