Forum › Seagull Villa days discussion

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

This one's a pass for me, I don't particularly like any of the characters and the plot is meh

joined Jun 1, 2016

not really a fan NTR but I enjoy kodama's works, so looking forward to the next update

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 5:02AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

(Also, whose the dark haired girl supposed to belong to?)

I'm reading her as a student at the school(?) and/or a daughter of a neighboring family.

Ashima, resident Small Dark And Snarky? Who the heck knows but probably has as much baggage as everyone else in that house.

joined Jun 1, 2016

This one's a pass for me, I don't particularly like any of the characters and the plot is meh

Man it's only been 1 chapter, we don't know anything of the characters other than she got cheated on by her friend and other runs an inn while taking care of other kids

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh yeah. I'm burning with anticipation. For both the drama in the manga and in the comments.

Kodama Naoko never let me down.

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 5:05AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

In other words, a lot of guessing.

I’ve read plenty of the author's work, thanks for your kind advice, and it’s idiotic to say “it’s all the same”—Cocytus and NTR are not the same as Renai Manga or I married my junior.

Ah, well—know-it-alls gonna know . . .

ITs NOT guessing when almost all her previous stuff bares it out. the ONLY series that has a pretty different feel- tho even that has angst and some drama still - is Renai. ALL other work including cocytus features cheating and angst and drama etc.

Nobody is caring about specifics- we are talking general feel and type of plot it will have. And it ALREADY has those things in the first chapter- its not guess work to say they are gonna be in the rest- its just following the evidence.

Personally I will at least read more until I know for sure but I'm not hopeful - that is not the same as 'knowing' for sure- but given that we already have cheating X BF and cheating manipulative BFF and angsty girl running away meeting girl 3 etc. It seems to be this authors easy go to for drama.. or they are a bit obsessed with it.. How does this work seem to be different- such as say a nice fluffy comedy etc?

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 7:06AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’ve read plenty of the author's work, thanks for your kind advice, and it’s idiotic to say “it’s all the same”—Cocytus and NTR are not the same as Renai Manga or I married my junior.

Ah, well—know-it-alls gonna know . . .

ITs NOT guessing when almost all her previous stuff bares it out. the ONLY series that has a pretty different feel- tho even that has angst and some drama still - is Renai. ALL other work including cocytus features cheating and angst and drama etc.

Nobody is caring about specifics- we are talking general feel and type of plot it will have. And it ALREADY has those things in the first chapter- its not guess work to say they are gonna be in the rest- its just following the evidence.

Personally I will at least read more until I know for sure but I'm not hopeful - that is not the same as 'knowing' for sure- but given that we already have cheating X BF and cheating manipulative BFF and angsty girl running away meeting girl 3 etc. It seems to be this authors easy go to for drama.. or they are a bit obsessed with it.. How does this work seem to be different- such as say a nice fluffy comedy etc?

The fact remains, people are bitching about a story they haven’t read yet, and are just venting about the author’s style.

And the assertion that Renai Manga is meaningfully similar to NTR (as compared to dozens of other series containing “angst and drama”), is just preposterous.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Im Starting to really hate this Author

joined Jul 26, 2016

Im Starting to really hate this Author

Obvious solution is obvious. delete system32

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 8:31AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Time for everyone to get butthurt

Gay%20pogger%20shark
joined Feb 17, 2019

The best thing about Kodama's manga isn't her manga

It's the comment section

joined Dec 3, 2018

Did you not even attempt to read the post? We have 5 chapters in Spanish. We know what happens, its Kodama's same old low grade song and dance.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Did you not even attempt to read the post? We have 5 chapters in Spanish. We know what happens, its Kodama's same old low grade song and dance.

And all the predictive lamenters were Spanish-speakers who had read those chapters. Right.

Pull the other one . . .

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

^ I really don't get what your problem is. You act as if this were the first manga most of us here read. Stories more often than not are reasonably predictable and very rarely drastically change after a first chapter. If it turns out differently, fine, but it won't, so what's the fuss about?

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Kodamas art only get better as time goes on! The water colour pages in Netsuzou were beautiful...... and then I saw the first few colour pages in this one.... such beautiful colouring. Always see Kodamas work get bashed and trashed (thread on this is almost at 100 comments on the first chapters release lol) .... probs due to themes more than anything (Kodama fan here, defs enjoy all the hard work and effort they do) but I'm hype there's another one of their mangas out! Like it so far :) seems like a pretty humble begin for a Kodama.... Who knows how it will twist and turn.... looking forward to it!

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 10:11AM

joined Jul 23, 2019

I can tell you right now, without spoiling anything, that ALL the characters in this manga have gone through Bad Things (tm) in the past and still carry the open wounds. It's going to be a a roller coaster of emotions as we find out whether they can lick each other's wounds and make them all better or whether they will end up wounding each other even more. Take this as a fair warning, 'kay?

Sounds like a yuri telenovela. :p

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 10:10AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

^ I really don't get what your problem is. You act as if this were the first manga most of us here read. Stories more often than not are reasonably predictable and very rarely drastically change after a first chapter. If it turns out differently, fine, but it won't, so what's the fuss about?

Because this kind of premature dismissal of a story on basis of nothing but obviously biased typecasting of the author is inherently bloody stupid and annoying?

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 10:09AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Because this kind of premature dismissal of a story on basis of nothing but obviously biased typecasting of the author is inherently bloody stupid and annoying?

But it's not just the author's history. The last panel very clearly indicates that something is going on with the cheating-woman. So you tell me what's it supposed to be if not some drama-scheme involving the heroine?

Plus, the general way the first chapter is constructed - starting with the "don't commit suicide" scene, but also that baby-boob thing, and the drunken-we're-just-friends kiss give more than enough indication to what to expect from the story. ^^

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 10:11AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm failing to see where you're getting away with the implicit assumption of all "drama-schemes" being the same.

The fact that one of the MCs has kids to look after is already a notable departure from Kodama's typical setups and ought to change a fair bit of the dynamics you can assume down the road.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Not to mention that, if they firmly believe in their typecasting of the author, if they are adamant that this story deserves a premature dismissal, then the smart thing to do would be to bloody dismiss the story and go read something different.

As opposed to read the first chapter, write extensive comments on how they hated it, then proclaim that they will keep reading every single new chapter to confirm that they still don't like it... after which they will come here to whine that they wasted their time and want it back.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I agree that this doesn't seem to be an easy going manga like Renai. But I don't understand why complain about the drama in a story that is supposed to be about drama. Like that's the whole purpose. There are so many easy going stories out there, that I think we do need stories like Kodama's as well.

I'm actually more interested about the drama between the ex friend and the mc rather than the Yankee.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not to mention that, if they firmly believe in their typecasting of the author, if they are adamant that this story deserves a premature dismissal, then the smart thing to do would be to bloody dismiss the story and go read something different.

As opposed to read the first chapter, write extensive comments on how they hated it, then proclaim that they will keep reading every single new chapter to confirm that they still don't like it... after which they will come here to whine that they wasted their time and want it back.

This is what happens when readers start channeling the obnoxious kind of tsundere characters. :/

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kodama Naoko has stated previously that she loves soap-opera with lots of convoluted drama. She writes what she loves : yuri and drama.

Don't like it, don't read it.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

she loves soap-opera with lots of convoluted drama

That's where the problem lie so.

Don't like it, don't read it.

That kinda dumb to say that, i can't know if i hate it before reading it. To be fair i didn't see her name before reading the first chapter.

But anyway, can't people say they don't like Naoko's works without being treated like idiots ? Seem you can't say you don't like Naoko's work without being classified as "butthurt who like fluff"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There’s no fuss—I just think people who complain about stories they haven’t read or lament about story developments that haven’t happened yet are acting foolishly.

There seems to also be a prediction sweepstakes of some sort, where people want to award themselves . . . something . . . for being right about how terrible something is going to be before it is.

Kodama has written some junky stuff, and some that isn’t, so much. Which one this will be remains to be seen.

To reply you must either login or sign up.