Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Do you think we should make Shiho and Aki the main characters? Last year I sent a request to MAL to turn Kanoko and Sumika of Yuri Is My Job into the main characters (it was accepted). So I'm thinking of sending a request to turn Shiho and Aki into main characters, but it seems more difficult than that series. Because Shiho appeared quite late, and Aki only had an important role from chapter 30 onwards.

I suppose it depends on where the story is going from here. If the two still keep staying in focus for a longer time, it should be OK. Otherwise mighty be difficult indeed.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Two words: ensemble cast. They all have relevance to the plot. They're all main characters, and the pov moving or focus shifting between them doesn't make them less so~

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Feels like it's been quite a while since the last chapter, I wonder if the author is really busy with the anime adaptation, I don't know where people check the yurihime magazine.

I'm very curious because we reached a point where pretty much everyone reached their goal so is like "okay, now what?"

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Two words: ensemble cast. They all have relevance to the plot. They're all main characters, and the pov moving or focus shifting between them doesn't make them less so~

Right. All 4 of them are main characters. It's a story about 2 pairs of couples. All 4 of them have been involved in every plot, in one way or another, since then beginning (and even before then).

last edited at Mar 5, 2024 5:23AM

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Feels like it's been quite a while since the last chapter, I wonder if the author is really busy with the anime adaptation, I don't know where people check the yurihime magazine.

I'm very curious because we reached a point where pretty much everyone reached their goal so is like "okay, now what?"

The new volume came out this week, hopefully we get the translated version soon.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The new volume came out this week, hopefully we get the translated version soon.

We have that AND a special edition booklet AND this month's chapter in the works.

joined Feb 11, 2022

From the Booklet (Chapter 44.5): "I'm so relieved I was able to safely finish drawing this lengthy school festival arc. From now on, I'm gonna draw all kinds of stories with the spotlight on YoriHima, AkiShiho and all the other characters."

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

From the Booklet (Chapter 44.5): "I'm so relieved I was able to safely finish drawing this lengthy school festival arc. From now on, I'm gonna draw all kinds of stories with the spotlight on YoriHima, AkiShiho and all the other characters."

Sounds like more left in the tank! Happy to continue with the main 4 and friends. We've got to have a group date chapter, right? That just feels like it would be awkward, hilarious, competitive and wholesome all at the same time.

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 6:55PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

Do you think we should make Shiho and Aki the main characters? Last year I sent a request to MAL to turn Kanoko and Sumika of Yuri Is My Job into the main characters (it was accepted). So I'm thinking of sending a request to turn Shiho and Aki into main characters, but it seems more difficult than that series. Because Shiho appeared quite late, and Aki only had an important role from chapter 30 onwards.

I suppose it depends on where the story is going from here. If the two still keep staying in focus for a longer time, it should be OK. Otherwise mighty be difficult indeed.

I'd disagree with making Sumika and Kanoko the main characters of Yuri Is My Job. The current Kanoko/Sumika arc may be rather long, but in the end, their relationship seems to be the secondary one, since it's influenced by the status of Hime and Mitsuki's relationship.

As for this series, I was a bit surprised by how quickly Yori and Himari got together- usually, the alpha couple has more trouble getting together than the beta couple- even with the "love at first sight" trope. I'm personally curious as to how long this series will continue.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ahh, that was just beautiful... ^_^

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The wait was totally worth it! what an adorable couple... and wow, the mom? just...wow

joined Mar 18, 2023

its crazy how i got what i wanted with this chapter, yet i dont even care anymore.

i guess a bad arc can truly exhaust you, huh?

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

awwww

I'm personally curious as to how long this series will continue.

Considering they're already tackling the sex question and putting a date line, I wouldn't say too long since that seems to be the next and final arc. Usually that's where romance manga tend to end: Kaguya, Bloom, etc

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

I'd disagree with making Sumika and Kanoko the main characters of Yuri Is My Job. The current Kanoko/Sumika arc may be rather long, but in the end, their relationship seems to be the secondary one, since it's influenced by the status of Hime and Mitsuki's relationship.

As for this series, I was a bit surprised by how quickly Yori and Himari got together- usually, the alpha couple has more trouble getting together than the beta couple- even with the "love at first sight" trope. I'm personally curious as to how long this series will continue.

According to the story of Yuri Is My Job, after a Hime-Yano arc will be followed by a Kanoko-Sumika arc, and the longest arc in the manga currently is the Kanoko-Sumika arc, so calling them MCs is not wrong. And Kanoko seems to appear in the story more than Hime. Except for the first arc, the remaining arcs all have Kanoko in them.
As for this manga, having an anime after Yori-Himari became a couple in chapter 15 has surpassed many people's expectations. Usually a manga series will end after the main characters become a couple. This is quite understandable as many readers feel that after the main characters become a couple, they will lose interest in reading further

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Do we know until what part the anime will cover?

joined Jun 3, 2020

Do we know until what part the anime will cover?

No, but I believe we will arrive at Shiho's introduction at the very least, because of the order of announced VAs. First they announced who would be voicing Himari and Yori, obviously enough, and after that came the SS Girls and Shiho.

https://myanimelist.net/news/68834561

By my own experience, VAs are usually revealed by order of relevance, so it would be very weird for the staff to reveal who voices Shiho so early if she is only going to be in a short flashback. So I'm pretty sure we will at least get to see her in the flesh.

joined Mar 15, 2015

According to the story of Yuri Is My Job, after a Hime-Yano arc will be followed by a Kanoko-Sumika arc, and the longest arc in the manga currently is the Kanoko-Sumika arc, so calling them MCs is not wrong. And Kanoko seems to appear in the story more than Hime. Except for the first arc, the remaining arcs all have Kanoko in them.
As for this manga, having an anime after Yori-Himari became a couple in chapter 15 has surpassed many people's expectations. Usually a manga series will end after the main characters become a couple. This is quite understandable as many readers feel that after the main characters become a couple, they will lose interest in reading further

I'd call Kanoko the deuteragonist or perhaps tritagonist- one of the top 4 main characters but not necessarily the top- since Kanoko mainly seems to react to events rather than driving the plot herself. After all, if Hime hadn't accidentally injured Mai's arm, she never would have ended up working for Liebe and wouldn't have seen or heard from Mitsuki again, thus causing her and Kanoko's relationship to remain unchanged.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

THE FLUFF!!

I cannot wait to see how everything goes from here!

There was also a fanart with Hima and Yori together with Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade that made me even more hyped!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is so nice to finally hear their songs

joined Feb 11, 2022

If something is clear with this chapter (in case there was any doubt about it), is that this thread would have half the pages (probably less, I'm being generous) if it weren't for Shiho's appearance in the manga, which would surely have already ended by now (whether those two things are positive or not is another discussion).

I'd call Kanoko the deuteragonist or perhaps tritagonist- one of the top 4 main characters but not necessarily the top- since Kanoko mainly seems to react to events rather than driving the plot herself.

I would say that was the case in the first half of the series, but from Volume 9 onwards (when her and Sumika's Arc begins, and we are currently in Volume 14) the roles have been reversed regarding Hime and Yano, who have become "secondary" characters of the story (the latter in particular, who has lost all kinds of prominence since then). Kanoko has been much more active and has become the character responsible for driving the plot forward with her decisions and actions (Sumika has also had a key role).

Either way, I have to say that, in my opinion, the relevance of the two "couples" is much better distributed throughout the chapters than what happens with Hima/Yori and Aki/Shiho in Whispering.

last edited at Mar 22, 2024 11:09PM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Oh, the hug!
And oh, the kisses!
And oh, EVERYTHING!

Let's hope the drama is finally gonna take a step back in favor of the fluff.

last edited at Mar 30, 2024 3:29AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Well that was a cute piece of fluff.

Man what a mix of anticipation and dread the soon to be airing anime gives. On one hand it will be nice to have everyone voiced and moving, on the other hand I am not ready for instant replay of the drama llama times... Assuming a regular 12 episode run though, it will be interesting to see what they will fit in it.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's really nice to see Himari wanting more and more like this, really showing how much she's come to love Yori. ^_^

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Home date, huh ? You sly devil you ;)

To reply you must either login or sign up.