Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I hope Yori will find out someday that Aki loved her. This is just unfair.

Why? If Aki can get over her feelings and go back to being friends, telling Yori does absolutely nothing positive for either of them, and could legitimately eff up their friendship and their relationships with others.

Also, Shiho really is the main character now huh. Not that I'm complaining, she made this manga interesting.

Yeah, I disagree with a lot of the negative sentiments about Shiho in this thread. I've enjoyed this arc and I think Shiho is interesting. But I'm often kind of a sucker for "bitchy girl that turns out to be nice but traumatized."

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Well I've been in the "hating shiho" bandwagon for a long time and also believe that it's definitely too little too late, buck heck even if she's doing it out of obligation at least she said sorry and acknowledged (to herself) that she was antagonizing Yori and being a complete asshole to her. Like she's still an asshole but at least she's aware of it and is in character for her to not give a damn, so at least she's being consistent.
If this starts an upward trend of her realising how much of an ass she's been to everyone and apologize, even begrudgingly, it'll be a small W in my book. At least is way more enjoyable than her being an oblivious asshole to everyone, even if she's still far from being likable if handled well her "redemption arc" can at least be entertaining

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Why? If Aki can get over her feelings and go back to being friends, telling Yori does absolutely nothing positive for either of them, and could legitimately eff up their friendship and their relationships with others.

I just think a person's feelings should always be acknowledged.... and I was a huge AkiYori shipper at the start of the manga despite knowing they have zero chance. Since I liked the ship, I have always wanted to see Yori's reaction after finding out Aki's feelings for her.

Yeah, I disagree with a lot of the negative sentiments about Shiho in this thread. I've enjoyed this arc and I think Shiho is interesting. But I'm often kind of a sucker for "bitchy girl that turns out to be nice but traumatized."

Shiho has been the focus of the story for 3/4 of the manga. I always find it funny that some people still hates her but continue to read this manga anyway. If you hate the character that drives the story, why not just drop it? Lol

Tbh, I hated Shiho at the beginning too like everyone else here, but the author succeeded in gaslighting me into liking her so I continued to read the manga lol. Plus, Aki was the reason I liked this manga to begin with and I want her to be happy.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Shiho has been the focus of the story for 3/4 of the manga. I always find it funny that some people still hates her but continue to read this manga anyway. If you hate the character that drives the story, why not just drop it? Lol

This repeats the commonplace fallacy that disliking the direction of a story means only “hating” the imaginary person depicted in that story, and that the only rational response is to stop reading.

The several reasonable replies that have already been posted here include, but are by no means limited to:

• Having enjoyed part of the story, a reader might hope that the series might get back on track

• There’s an interest in seeing where the story goes

last edited at Nov 23, 2023 10:52AM

4dcdb845-8d95-436e-88de-33f14a592567
joined Dec 25, 2022

I just binged all of this and caught up. I skipped school to read this. I honestly don’t understand the Shiho hate, yes she was a bitch and her redemption wasn’t like zuko or anything. She was shown to be impulsive, self sabotaging, and pretty rude however it’s very like her to quit a band for something like that. She fell HARD she couldn’t just move on, and as mizuguchi said, her feelings were falling out even though she tried to hide them. Shiho was ready to fully move on because their relationship wasn’t healthy. Somehow they fixed it and I think they’re cute.

Shiho had the kind of typical I’m not number one so I quit kind of thing, I think it mostly because of the high standard she held herself because she’d been playing for so long. But that is a stark contrast to why she quit ss, it wasn’t her typical bitchiness, it still was in a way, but it wasn’t because of how high her self standards are, it was because she knew she couldn’t come between yori and mizuguchi.
She couldn’t be number one FOR SOMEONE ELSE. Usually she wants to be the best for herself, because that’s what she expected of herself. But after honestly I forgot her name’s death, she started trying for her, but obviously not in the same way. She felt a debt to her for being mean for stupid reasons. But with mizuguchi she just wanted love, I wouldn’t say she’s traumatized, but she has regrets, who doesn’t? ALSO our mc’s got together in like chapter 5, don’t get me wrong I love them they’re adorable, but the big arc is about Shiho and mizuguchi reconciling, the last few volumes have mostly been about their weird beef. From the moment I saw them, I knew Shiho liked her, I’ve done something similar to that before, I didn’t antagonize them or anything but I do get the initial quitting. She was in the wrong for that but she recognized that and made up.
She was annoying but this is her story too.

Anyways tachibana and ma Chan give me life.

joined May 3, 2014

I just binged all of this and caught up. I skipped school to read this. I honestly don’t understand the Shiho hate, yes she was a bitch and her redemption wasn’t like zuko or anything. She was shown to be impulsive, self sabotaging, and pretty rude however it’s very like her to quit a band for something like that. She fell HARD she couldn’t just move on, and as mizuguchi said, her feelings were falling out even though she tried to hide them. Shiho was ready to fully move on because their relationship wasn’t healthy. Somehow they fixed it and I think they’re cute.

Shiho had the kind of typical I’m not number one so I quit kind of thing, I think it mostly because of the high standard she held herself because she’d been playing for so long. But that is a stark contrast to why she quit ss, it wasn’t her typical bitchiness, it still was in a way, but it wasn’t because of how high her self standards are, it was because she knew she couldn’t come between yori and mizuguchi.
She couldn’t be number one FOR SOMEONE ELSE. Usually she wants to be the best for herself, because that’s what she expected of herself. But after honestly I forgot her name’s death, she started trying for her, but obviously not in the same way. She felt a debt to her for being mean for stupid reasons. But with mizuguchi she just wanted love, I wouldn’t say she’s traumatized, but she has regrets, who doesn’t? ALSO our mc’s got together in like chapter 5, don’t get me wrong I love them they’re adorable, but the big arc is about Shiho and mizuguchi reconciling, the last few volumes have mostly been about their weird beef. From the moment I saw them, I knew Shiho liked her, I’ve done something similar to that before, I didn’t antagonize them or anything but I do get the initial quitting. She was in the wrong for that but she recognized that and made up.
She was annoying but this is her story too.

Anyways tachibana and ma Chan give me life.

an Shiho apologist? not the first time people see that part of the story in red tinted glasses, this was boring as hell to read about such an unlikeable character, hope the story just ends and we are done because i REALLY don’t care about Shiho being forgiven sooo god damn fast as the supposed “romance” about her and that character is even faster 0.0 like are we gonna spend MORE chapters about their romance now? ugh

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 5:08AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm conflicted, one part of me find too simple Aki ask Shiho out so soon after she found out about Shiho's feelings but the other part is glad that she acknowledge that she doesn't have romantics feelings and that they will work on those feelings.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm kinda disappointed that Aki asked her out so fast, but I do like that she's up front about the current state of her feelings. Dunno why they couldn't just stay as friends while Aki figured out her feelings. I mean, I know why they did it this way because they acknowledged that Shiho would most likely run away again if Aki got into a relationship with someone else, but ugh I really don't like this ball chain situation they got going on. Which is funny since I normally really enjoy toxic codependent relationships like this, but I think since this story always inserts some realistic, healthy portrayals of relationships, it's a bit harder to turn the brain off.

I think I just have to accept that they won't ever address everything that's wrong with Shiho in a way I'd like and just enjoy whatever fluff the author has for the couple going forward.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

When will someone investigate the ties between aquarium companies and the yuri industry?

joined Feb 11, 2022

I guess it wouldn't be a Yuri manga without the main couple (just kidding) going on a date at the aquarium.

I really don't like the position Shiho currently is in this relationship. It does makes sense for Aki to not have romantic feelings for her yet, so I can't complain about that, but I don't think anyone deserves to be with someone in the hope that maybe one day their love will be repaid. Also, considering Shiho's personality, it could lead to something bad. I guess it'll depend on how much the author wants to extend the story (and if they want to insert even more drama into the story), but it wouldn't be hard for me to imagine a situation where Shiho sees Aki and Yori getting along, laughing together or whatever (like Hima did at the beginning of the manga), and her insecurities and jealousy make her think "What would happen if Yori suddenly fell in love with Aki? Would Aki leave me for her?", or things like that.

Honestly, the most unrealistic thing in this series is the fact that Aki felt in love with Yori instead of Shiho. I wonder what kind of thought process went through her head to make that happen.

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 6:32AM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

They finally became a couple, and Shiho became more and more subordinate with each chapter

I guess it wouldn't be a Yuri manga without the main couple (just kidding) going on a date at the aquarium.

Yet there is a manga that even though both are in the aquarium club, in the end they are both still just senpai-kouhai

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Now this is a great thing to wake up to in the morning. Love them both and Aki is right, that was smooth and Shiho knows it.

They're at different stages but that's normal and fine. You literally don't need to be madly in love with someone to start dating, despite what manga would have you believe. This also respects Aki's character progress.

She'll need a bit more time to feel exactly as passionate as Shiho but she recognizes how important Shiho is to her and can clearly see Shiho as her girlfriend.

Reminds me of the start to "Love is Hard for Otaku," and of course that ended up fine and normal. Actually Aki is in a better place than he was, because at least her GF isn't doing it just for show (at the start).

Aki really thought about it, and waited until their first date to settle on how she felt. This means there's room for even more progress between them. It also gives Shiho something to continue working towards, and the big kiss will happen down the line. This was what I would have wanted. Looking forward to all of it!

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 7:02AM

joined Dec 9, 2023

I can't stop grinning:)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Honestly, the most unrealistic thing in this series is the fact that Aki felt in love with Yori instead of Shiho. I wonder what kind of thought process went through her head to make that happen.

One was a cool mysterious tomboy with a good voice, the other was an insufferable girl who just seem to hate her (with a good voice). I don't know if the statement is ironic or you genuinly think that Aki would fall for Shiho before they speak things out.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

One was a cool mysterious tomboy with a good voice, the other was an insufferable girl who just seem to hate her (with a good voice). I don't know if the statement is ironic or you genuinly think that Aki would fall for Shiho before they speak things out.

I think they might be referring to the time prior to the falling out. Before Shiho put on her bitch act to distance herself from Aki they were super close, arguably more so than Aki and Yori were at the "height" of their closeness after the latter became the new vocalist.
So I can totally see where OP is coming from, though of course "the heart wants what the heart wants" and there's no rhyme or reason to who one falls for so it's kind of a moot point either way xD

As for this chapter, Aki asking Shiho out is a great sign imo. Aki has been incredibly passive when it comes to her own love life so far. I doubt she ever had the intention to confess to Yori, maybe bc she was just scared to or bc she knew Yori wasn't into her. But even if she could've been pushed to do so, as soon as Hima entered the picture there was no chance she'd ever tell.
So her finally taking the initiative to pursue Shiho, not just to get her friend back but to honestly pursue her with the intention/hope to eventually reciprocate her feelings, clearly shows her intimacy of feelings for and commitment to Shiho as a person, romantic or not.

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 8:25AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I think this chapter lays bare/continues to crystalize why Shiho is the way she is. She's remarkably insecure, lmao. In no small part of course because she's still carrying the death of Kyou with her, as well as the fact that like anything except for the absolute best is failure to her. She's insecure because if she's not number one then she's nothing and she wasn't Aki's number one.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

2023 is almost over and we still don't have the Aquarium tag? smh

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

@TctyaDDK

Bro, you meant this tag: Yuri ?

ManuTheBloodedge
joined Oct 20, 2022

Well I've been in the "hating shiho" bandwagon for a long time and also believe that it's definitely too little too late, buck heck even if she's doing it out of obligation at least she said sorry and acknowledged (to herself) that she was antagonizing Yori and being a complete asshole to her. Like she's still an asshole but at least she's aware of it and is in character for her to not give a damn, so at least she's being consistent.
If this starts an upward trend of her realising how much of an ass she's been to everyone and apologize, even begrudgingly, it'll be a small W in my book. At least is way more enjoyable than her being an oblivious asshole to everyone, even if she's still far from being likable if handled well her "redemption arc" can at least be entertaining

Alas, looks like last chapter was all we are gonna get as far as redemption is concerned, if this chapter is anything to go by.

Calling it now, I am pointing my bat at the audience, we are never gonna get another apology from Shiho for her past behaviour for the rest of the series.

Funnily enough, I never got the feeling that Shiho was oblivious about being an asshole. There were scenes like her getting mildly criticized by her bandmates for antagonising Hima and Yori, where she acknowledges that it was not a nice thing to do. The story tries to justify her actions, which would be my main point of contention, but Shiho is aware what she is doing before her talk with Yori. That also why her apology fell flat to me, since that makes it more calculating.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

What the, how they got a Clione on an aquarium?

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I really don't like the position Shiho currently is in this relationship. It does makes sense for Aki to not have romantic feelings for her yet, so I can't complain about that, but I don't think anyone deserves to be with someone in the hope that maybe one day their love will be repaid.

I think it kinda works because Aki truly is trying to view Shiho romantically, which would be good for both of them. It's a very down-to-earth approach of building a romantic relationship, rather than the common manga versions of love at first sight and/or romance just happens.

The current situation is not ideal (in the literal sense of the term), but with Shiho unable to give up her feelings for Aki, and Aki who doesn't want to be apart from Shiho (both things that have been present in the story since long before their arc), their choice to meet in the middle makes sense, with Shiho accepting to wait and stay with Aki patiently despite her feelings not getting returned so that they can truly be together later, while Aki gets to be with Shiho but tries to get used to more a more romantic relationship.

joined Mar 24, 2021

WHOA HOLDING HANDS BEFORE KISSING?!?! Aren’t you skipping a few steps?

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

What the, how they got a Clione on an aquarium?

There are quite a few aquariums that have cliones, especially in Japan, where cliones are very popular

joined Feb 11, 2022

As Giftnova said, I was referring to the time when they played together in the band. Not only did they have great chemistry and were very close, but Shiho is arguably the most attractive character in the series.

She had everything back then to make Aki fall in love with her, but yeah, "the heart wants what the heart wants". I can definitely understand why Shiho started acting the way she did after that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.