Forum › Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku discussion

joined Apr 26, 2016

Hime you gotta ask Akira out or something. Even if she's straight (irl I know like 0 straight trans people) keeping that buried hurts

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@TransHomura
Queer sexualities are definitely more common among trans-people compared to cis (which I find pretty interesting), but straight trans-people do definitely exist. I know a few. x)

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 10:35AM

joined Apr 26, 2016

@TransHomura
Queer sexualities are definitely more common among trans-people compared to cis (which I find pretty interesting), but straight trans-people do definitely exist. I know a few. x)

I know I never said they don't exist

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

runrin posted:

@sylke thank you so fucking much for the list!!! i'm going to put it to good use. :D

also @nya-chan i see you in the threads for basically every yuri i've read and i don't think i've ever seen you say anything positive... curious what you actually like?

I always have a soft spot for the first yuris I read, like Sasameki Koto and Girl Friends. I wouldn't say they are the best ever, but they make you care for the characters. That's basically my compass.

I read tons of books and manga and my appreciation of what I read is whether I cared for the story or the characters. It's entirely subjective obviously. I rate the manga I read good, forgettable and bad. Actually, there are very few manga I'd call bad, but a lot more I'd call forgettable or a waste of paper/pixels. There's one thing I dislike when I read something is when the author takes their reader for a cretin/horny teenage boy, or obviously didn't put any effort in the plot and just went for the easy path, with a few bells to give the illusion it's not the same old plot.

Ano Kiss, for example, is what I'd call forgettable. It's not bad and the drawing is nice, but I actually couldn't really care about Yurine's or Ayaka's woes, because the ending ware foreordained and their motivations were mundane ("I'm bored", "I want to be acknowledged by my mother"...). The digressions about side characters didn't help.

Giniro no genders is trying very hard to be dramatic and didactic, but it shows its true colors with the focus on the sexual aspect of what it talks about. It begins to veer toward being somewhat "bad" in my opinion.

Citrus could have been something, but the way the author developed Yuzu and Mei killed it. They failed to be attaching characters and actually people started to care more about the side characters, like Matsuri and Harumin.

Most the of comedy yuri is pretty forgettable because the author doesn't want you to take the characters seriously. Mochi au Lait's production is funny, but nothing to write home about. Yuru Yuri is funny, but it will never go anywhere. Kodama Naoko's work start strong, but then just peter out. Tamamusi's works are cute and funny, but it stops there. Even Kase-san, which is really cute, leaves me with feeling of boredom.

It's really hard to keep a manga being good until the end and making unforgettable characters.

When I criticize a manga, it's because it failed at living up to my expectations.

The ones I consider "bad" are usually the ones with too much gratuitous sex and fluids. Even "Happy End" isn't bad. Just disappointing.

Some of my favorites manga (with some yuri in it, because I like non yuri ones too) are:

Sasameki Koto
Hanjuku Joshi (and almost everything by Morishima Akiko)
Prism
Musume no Iede
Bokura no Hentai (though there's no yuri)
My Unrequited Love
Qualia the purple
Takemiya Jin's works (they are tough to love, but they don't leave indifferent)
Amano Shuninta's works (same as above)

And many more..

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 2:49PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

As for these two new chapters, it's more of the same. We get the tragic backstory of the gay Yukka, the incoming drama because Akira is in love with the sempai who just wants to have fun at the expense of the weirdo, so there will be more angry Hime looking like a potato, etc...

But at the same time, the fact that Hime just took a double take at the waitress and found her "pretty", leaves me hope that she's actually gay and not just Akirasexual, so it leaves a Yukka x Hime couple possible (but I won't keep my hopes high).

joined Apr 26, 2016

I'd rather her and Akira. I dunno straight trans people aren't the norm

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"the norm" is overrated.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

"the norm" is overrated.

That's a sentiment that is often true when it comes to cis/heteronormative societal norms but when it comes to a stance like "sapphic trans women are pretty common" it's actually kind of a shitty (and blatantly false) thing to say.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

I personally think Hime and Yukka are a better match for each other. The (very) heated and confused Hime, combined with the coolheaded and rational Yukka. On the other hand, I think the timid and shy Akira might pair well with the outgoing and ditzy yet very kind Taneno pretty well.

joined Jan 14, 2015

Yuuka is for sure my fav character

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I personally think Hime and Yukka are a better match for each other. The (very) heated and confused Hime, combined with the coolheaded and rational Yukka. On the other hand, I think the timid and shy Akira might pair well with the outgoing and ditzy yet very kind Taneno pretty well.

I agree. Honestly those pairings are the only ones I really see any sort of real compatibility between.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The thing is, Akira is straight. So it's very unlikely she will pair with Anzu.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

"the norm" is overrated.

That's a sentiment that is often true when it comes to cis/heteronormative societal norms but when it comes to a stance like "sapphic trans women are pretty common" it's actually kind of a shitty (and blatantly false) thing to say.

Statements of preference at the expense of straight trans people are okay but not at the expense of bi or lesbian ones? Lol.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Well my tastes are the same as Nya-chan, though I'd add a lot of korean mangas that are not on this website.

Good yuri is very rare. But personnally "forgettable" yuri makes me super happy and since it's pretty much forgettable, I can re-read it over and over again. :3

This manga is continuing in the predictable Yukka x Hime route and I'm happy about it :3

As for Akira, let's hope for an happy end ? :D

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

"the norm" is overrated.

Statements of preference at the expense of straight trans people are okay but not at the expense of bi or lesbian ones? Lol.

Not what I said at all but go off.

10458471_836090486412320_583868278489093721_n
joined Apr 19, 2015

Agreed, though I think Akira might end up with that soccer guy. Yukka and Hime already have compatibility and they seem to get closer and closer each time they hang out together.

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

Chapter 16 was really rough. Holy. Girls can be so brutal.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 5:30PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Girls are total brutes when it comes to singling out one of the proverbial herd. When I was a kid, it was the 80s and 90s, in BibleBeltia. Once rumors got going about me being gay--around 13 or so--my already nightmarish school life became just pure Hell. Granted,they were right--I am gay AF--but I didn't realize it myself, then. I had barely any grasp of what it even meant, because of the times and the location. I'd like to think that "these days" it might be a tad bit less horrific for LGBTQ kids because awareness has become more prevalent in the last 20 years, but I don't fool myself into thinking it's any "easier" or that girls aren't just as or MORE catty and horrible as they used to be "back in my day".

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 6:40PM

Stardusttelepath2
joined Oct 15, 2014

I swear to god, if it doesn't get revealed that she's now happily dating the convenience store girl with the tissues...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

She's probably dating the waitress of the Café they are in.

Captureefef
joined Mar 16, 2018

I put off reading this because I was unsure if I would like it but I'm glad I decided to give it a try
I'm glad I did because this is pretty great so far

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Cool Girl X Shouty Lil' Potato OTP

runrin Uploader
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

dslkfjldsfjldkfj i love this comic so much it hurts.
so grateful to Hachimitsu Scans for putting so much work into these to get them out as quickly as they have.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Wow bitch-chan strikes again! Yukka is a total catch that girl doesn't know what she's missing out on.

Like man this chapter hit me hard because my high school life was just like Yukka's. first yuri crush is the hardest when you fall for a straight girl.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Phoenix%20picture
joined Jul 20, 2016

I swear to god, if it doesn't get revealed that she's now happily dating the convenience store girl with the tissues...

I know right

She's probably dating the waitress of the Café they are in.

Let's hope she's still reserved for our lil old Hime

To reply you must either login or sign up.