TRNSHMN
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

The stuff of nightmares.

TRNSHMN
Still Sick discussion 17 Jan 04:50
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Seconding the big ups for the credit page, it made me giggle like a lunatic.

Not just anyone either, the one dude she had issues about, after she's been second guessing her relationship with Maekawa because of how she saw Maekawa behave with regard to relationships in the past. Which is kinda why I'm annoyed because this one had avoided most of the worst offender tropes but then this, lol.

I'd wait and see exactly because of the credit the series deserves for avoiding that so far, Shimizu has until now managed to sort every misunderstanding or awkward distance by honestly and genuinely approaching the issue, so I'd bet she'll come clean with her jealousy, even if it'll take a bit of soul searching (which'll probably get Maekawa hornt as hell).

TRNSHMN
30 MINUTES discussion 25 Dec 06:41
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

You know what? I didn't really like this one. There's nothing wrong with the story, but it's a bit low impact. I also thought at first it might be someone having a dialogue with a sort of projected past self, part because THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME. This is a serious case of same face.

TRNSHMN
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Wat.

That felt like a perfectly good chapter aside from the last 4 pages suddenly wrapping everything. I think this could've gone for at least a couple more to pace itself better, if not more.

Not faceplanting into a dumb ending is a win at the end of the day though, I suppose.

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Gotta agree, this has become a chore to read and impossible to care about. Maybe if there was space to breathe between the preaching grand monologues, maybe if the story and the relationships were focused on instead of talk about identity.

TRNSHMN
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Yeah I gotta agree, this creeps me out way less than their usual work. Nasty as it is, at least it doesn't feel like they're trying to convince me that it isn't.

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Yeah wow. This was really choppy, big jumps, awkward transitions, and little substance.

TRNSHMN
Their Story discussion 01 Jul 04:26
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Yeah, as much as I appreciate the sucker punch this chapter is, it makes me a little worried for the author. It's grim stuff.

I expected an upbeat note of defiance at the end. I hope it's just separated into two chapters.

TRNSHMN
Salad Bowl discussion 26 Apr 05:03
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Since when is Gypsy a slur ? It's like saying "french" is a slur ô.o

It's considered a slur as it was a name given to the romani due to some persistent rumors and ideas that they came from Egypt.
The universally accepted term is roma, romani or romani people.
There's half a dozen regional names for the romani, and it is entirely context dependent whether any individual considers them a slur, the proper name for their ethnic group (some do not like 'romani') or if it's a 'take it back/our word' type deal. Heard all three versions from romani folks.

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 5:06AM

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Cool Girl X Shouty Lil' Potato OTP

TRNSHMN
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Tbh, if page 11 and page 21 didn't do SOMETHING for her Fuwa is a lost cause.

TRNSHMN
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Wonder if there is any overlap between people freaking out about this and the people defending lolicon/incest in other threads. :P

More seriously, lovely story and art, but good sweet merciful Mary can you imagine how awful these two breaking up would be?

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Same here, english as second language and had no issues with legibility. Took a page or so to get used to it but after that smooth sailing.

TRNSHMN
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

The art really brings a rapey, pedophile feeling to it ..

…Wut? >.> You mean the predatory smile near the end?

What predatory smile?

You could make a case for page 391, page 419 and 423 definitely count, you could say 424 as well but I probably wouldn't count it personally.

It's a pretty simple formula, her eyes are not or only partially visible, she's smiling neutrally and her lips are fairly thin, her mouths just barely open and showing no teeth. She also seems to have no particularly outstanding other expression (blush, for example) that would change the context.

Overall, could be anything, but without the eyes and a big smile or one that shows teeth, there is a sense of concealment and possible dishonesty or masked ill intent or malice.

TRNSHMN
Beloved L discussion 23 Apr 05:47
Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Every time a new chapter of this comes out I fall in love with this series again. Gorgeous and vibrant and so very painful.