Forum › Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Dude, not cool
That girl's been supporting you for such a long time and you are going to suddenly pull a bitch move like that
Not fucking cool

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Akira's a bubbling cauldron of insecurity, isn't she :/

Hime's hot for Akira, but only a lesbian for her. She'd go for crush-boy if Akira wasn't involved. Akira knew this would happen (people can sense such things) and was dreading the day it turned out she was 'too manly' for crush-boy, or that crush-boy was arrow-straight... (which seems likely).

Hime's literal response to him complimenting her was "CREEPY!" (and I agree, dude gives of hella bad vibes Akira's just clueless) I really doubt she'd go for him under any circumstances.

I
joined Jan 16, 2019

i think everyone's being too hard on akira. she's a young trans girl that's struggling a lot at the moment. i feel like she instantly realized lashing out was a mistake and fled out of embarrassment - you know, like teenagers do to avoid things. i'm looking forward to her and hime patching things up.

i'm also interested in akira's reaction to hime changing uniforms again? i feel like it could have a few things at the core. 1. the fact that hime can stop whenever makes it feel like for hime it was a phase, implying that she may think the same of akira - at least from akira's POV. i feel like this is a common intracommunity tension with genderfluid/ more broadly gnc people and binary trans people - so it's interesting to see it play out here.
2. akira maybe feeling a loss over hime not doing that to defend her anymore? it wasn't the most thought-through defense, but it was still a symbol of solidarity, and their closeness. there's a bit of sadness to that going away.
and my first assumption but probably least likely, 3. maybe akira was into hime in the boys uniform? not as a boy, but just that she really rocks it. as someone primarily into more masc women, i'd empathize lmao.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I feel so sad reading this, It's hard.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

5Cats posted:

Hime's hot for Akira, but only a lesbian for her. She'd go for crush-boy if Akira wasn't involved.

I agree with Kawaiisuke and majere. Hime would definitely not go for crush-boy under any circumstance.

Hime's reaction to the guy was an expression of repulsion because of the lecherous way he checked out her body. However, because she is aware that Akira likes the boy, she pretended to be cordial with him. Akira's presence was the only variable that forced her to act friendly. Even then, Hime acts uncomfortably and awkwardly towards him, not wanting to be near him. If Akira was not there, then I doubt Hime would respond politely or if she would respond at all.

last edited at May 28, 2019 11:51PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

The way he looked at her was creepy though ngl

joined Jun 3, 2014

Hime's hot for Akira, but only a lesbian for her. She'd go for crush-boy if Akira wasn't involved.

Boi, did you even read the chapter

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's starting to peg my Wandering Son-o-meter, assuming it's foreshadowing the ending.

joined Dec 18, 2018

This series is excellent, but it's a bit frustrating how little the plot advances in each chapter.

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

This series is excellent, but it's a bit frustrating how little the plot advances in each chapter.

It's definitely a story pace that benefits from reading a few chapters at a time, rather than every release. Still, it's a great story, and worth waiting for

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 9:49PM

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

“That was me!”

SURPRISE MOTHERF***ER

joined May 8, 2017

"You thought it was a cute waitress, BUT IT WAS ACTUALLY ME, DIO!!"

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Remember me, Hime!? When I gave that you that drink, I talked JUST..LIKE..THIIIISSSS!!!

bubbleteabird
joined May 8, 2017

I wonder why the chapter title is called "Kafka Inside a Mirror."
That sounds deep, but I cannot figure out what it means

last edited at Jun 11, 2019 1:26AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

So at first was he worried because she was a security blanket for him when he was in boys uniform, or was he worried cos she's pretty dressed as a girl? I know it's cos she got complimented by crush-kun is why he as lashing out, it's just when he first saw her in girls uniform he seemed nervous is all

That's she, not he.

I know, I know, but I wasn't sure if people would know who I was talking about so I referred to Akira-chan as he (my apologies)

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Remember me, Hime!? When I gave that you that drink, I talked JUST..LIKE..THIIIISSSS!!!

I could rabbit on about your appropriate quote but it would bore people ;) .

joined Apr 26, 2016

One thing that Akira might not know is that you can like girls and be trans. seriously people dont know that

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

“That was me!”
SURPRISE MOTHERF***ER

"You thought it was a cute waitress, BUT IT WAS ACTUALLY ME, DIO!!"

lolololol

last edited at Jun 11, 2019 11:23AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"Het (normal) people are either evil or thoughtless"

"LGBT people are cool and understanding"

Hu hu.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Well, THAT was an unexpected turn of events. Now she has not one, but 2 boys she's interested in, aside from Akira of course...

Hime's reaction to the guy was an expression of repulsion because of the lecherous way he checked out her body.

Well, that's not how I saw it, although this chapter does say that... but he's definitely 'into' her and that first flush of 'he's creepy' may have been because Akira's attracted to him and she (Hime) knows it. She sure is thinking about him a lot :/

And how else do you expect a tsun- to react to a boy she likes? "Get away from me you creep" is a traditional manga mating call!

I could rabbit on about your appropriate quote but it would bore people ;) .

Perhaps if you 'framed' it in a different way? Something... cartoonish?

last edited at Jun 11, 2019 2:53PM

bubbleteabird
joined May 8, 2017

5Cats posted:

Hime's reaction to the guy was an expression of repulsion because of the lecherous way he checked out her body.

Well, that's not how I saw it, although this chapter does say that... but he's definitely 'into' her and that first flush of 'he's creepy' may have been because Akira's attracted to him and she (Hime) knows it. She sure is thinking about him a lot :/

And how else do you expect a tsun- to react to a boy she likes? "Get away from me you creep" is a traditional manga mating call!

Images
joined Apr 1, 2018

Hu hu.

Oh yeah, didn't you know? We have black fur, fangs, goat horns, and cloven hooves. And we're gonna FEAST ON THE BLOOD OF THE GAY WAGHAGGAGABLAAAARG

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Hu hu.

Oh, wow. You mean... I'm cool? SWEET. For the first time in my life, I'm cooooollll~~~

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Hu hu.

Can I be thoughtlessly evil? I want that option

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

5Cats posted:

(https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/018/489/nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg)

Didn't expect to see "Girl expresses outright disgust for a guy therefore she must be into him" in this community but I guess straight nonsense is literally inescapable.

last edited at Jun 11, 2019 11:24PM by Nezchan

To reply you must either login or sign up.