Forum › Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

As for these two new chapters, it's more of the same. We get the tragic backstory of the gay Yukka, the incoming drama because Akira is in love with the sempai who just wants to have fun at the expense of the weirdo, so there will be more angry Hime looking like a potato, etc...

But at the same time, the fact that Hime just took a double take at the waitress and found her "pretty", leaves me hope that she's actually gay and not just Akirasexual, so it leaves a Yukka x Hime couple possible (but I won't keep my hopes high).

joined Apr 26, 2016

I'd rather her and Akira. I dunno straight trans people aren't the norm

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"the norm" is overrated.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

"the norm" is overrated.

That's a sentiment that is often true when it comes to cis/heteronormative societal norms but when it comes to a stance like "sapphic trans women are pretty common" it's actually kind of a shitty (and blatantly false) thing to say.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

I personally think Hime and Yukka are a better match for each other. The (very) heated and confused Hime, combined with the coolheaded and rational Yukka. On the other hand, I think the timid and shy Akira might pair well with the outgoing and ditzy yet very kind Taneno pretty well.

joined Jan 14, 2015

Yuuka is for sure my fav character

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I personally think Hime and Yukka are a better match for each other. The (very) heated and confused Hime, combined with the coolheaded and rational Yukka. On the other hand, I think the timid and shy Akira might pair well with the outgoing and ditzy yet very kind Taneno pretty well.

I agree. Honestly those pairings are the only ones I really see any sort of real compatibility between.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The thing is, Akira is straight. So it's very unlikely she will pair with Anzu.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

"the norm" is overrated.

That's a sentiment that is often true when it comes to cis/heteronormative societal norms but when it comes to a stance like "sapphic trans women are pretty common" it's actually kind of a shitty (and blatantly false) thing to say.

Statements of preference at the expense of straight trans people are okay but not at the expense of bi or lesbian ones? Lol.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Well my tastes are the same as Nya-chan, though I'd add a lot of korean mangas that are not on this website.

Good yuri is very rare. But personnally "forgettable" yuri makes me super happy and since it's pretty much forgettable, I can re-read it over and over again. :3

This manga is continuing in the predictable Yukka x Hime route and I'm happy about it :3

As for Akira, let's hope for an happy end ? :D

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

"the norm" is overrated.

Statements of preference at the expense of straight trans people are okay but not at the expense of bi or lesbian ones? Lol.

Not what I said at all but go off.

Agreed, though I think Akira might end up with that soccer guy. Yukka and Hime already have compatibility and they seem to get closer and closer each time they hang out together.

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

Chapter 16 was really rough. Holy. Girls can be so brutal.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 5:30PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Girls are total brutes when it comes to singling out one of the proverbial herd. When I was a kid, it was the 80s and 90s, in BibleBeltia. Once rumors got going about me being gay--around 13 or so--my already nightmarish school life became just pure Hell. Granted,they were right--I am gay AF--but I didn't realize it myself, then. I had barely any grasp of what it even meant, because of the times and the location. I'd like to think that "these days" it might be a tad bit less horrific for LGBTQ kids because awareness has become more prevalent in the last 20 years, but I don't fool myself into thinking it's any "easier" or that girls aren't just as or MORE catty and horrible as they used to be "back in my day".

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 6:40PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I swear to god, if it doesn't get revealed that she's now happily dating the convenience store girl with the tissues...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

She's probably dating the waitress of the Café they are in.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I put off reading this because I was unsure if I would like it but I'm glad I decided to give it a try
I'm glad I did because this is pretty great so far

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Cool Girl X Shouty Lil' Potato OTP

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

dslkfjldsfjldkfj i love this comic so much it hurts.
so grateful to Hachimitsu Scans for putting so much work into these to get them out as quickly as they have.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Wow bitch-chan strikes again! Yukka is a total catch that girl doesn't know what she's missing out on.

Like man this chapter hit me hard because my high school life was just like Yukka's. first yuri crush is the hardest when you fall for a straight girl.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I swear to god, if it doesn't get revealed that she's now happily dating the convenience store girl with the tissues...

I know right

She's probably dating the waitress of the Café they are in.

Let's hope she's still reserved for our lil old Hime

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

A clever way to improve the manga and subvert the reader's expectations would be to make it into two parallel romances between Yukka and Hime, and Akira with 5-kun. Hime would continue to try her best to support Akira as a friend, gradually learning to be less explosive and more tactful, and eventually make peace with the fact that Akira is a straight woman who can't return her feelings.

This is assuming Yukka isn't already dating the waitress.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 11:35PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In my opinion, it's not great. It's hovering between bad and average and the deformed versions of the characters, with the triangle heads, are horrendous.. They are becoming more frequent also.

When the characters are supposedly talking about serious stuff, the author just defuse the tension with ridiculous faces. And even the serious stuff is sanctimonious.

Akira was actually an interesting take on a transgirl, but she's just a side character.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

In my opinion, it's not great. It's hovering between bad and average and the deformed versions of the characters, with the triangle heads, are horrendous.. They are becoming more frequent also.

When the characters are supposedly talking about serious stuff, the author just defuse the tension with ridiculous faces. And even the serious stuff is sanctimonious.

Akira was actually an interesting take on a transgirl, but she's just a side character.

Yeah, nothing about this has really grabbed me and the preachiness is made extra annoying because half the time what it's preaching is "turn the other cheek" bullshit. I think I'm gonna wait this one out and see if it develops into something more interesting before I invest anymore time into it.

joined Mar 18, 2019

hhhhhhhhhh my hearttttt I love this so much <3<3<3

honestly what if 5-kun is a trans guy lmao. tbh it'd be kinda interesting if they had a ftm character too lol (i'm ftm lmao)

but yeah this is so adorable and my hearttttt, tbh i teared up like hime asdfgggg

To reply you must either login or sign up.