ForumStill Sick discussion

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Typo on page 9, first panel: The past participle of "lead" is "led", not "lead".

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Tell Shimizu you love her.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I can't bring myself to care at all for the mangaka-vs-editor storyline. It reminds me of a quip I heard once about how touring makes comedians' jokes eventually revolve around flying and hotels.

While this is a terrific point I and I totally get, it I'm still very much the opposite. I think this is a very interesting path and is so much of what this story has been about. The pointed questions from the editor really strike at the heart of Maekawa's problems. Shimizu trying to help her work through it is sweet and I like that Shimizu being her girlfriend doesn't automatically solve this issue as I feel other stories might imply.

Makekawa has, in fact, not told Shimizu she loves her. The score is two to zero now. Considering how much of a big deal she make out of not getting to close to the people she use to date, watching her make this next step is sure to be a lot of fun.

Not really related but I know what it's like to have a story you don't know how to finish. Add to this that's rare that I can't finish a story. (I'm not saying my stories are good but I can pretty much always finish them!) I tell myself I'm willing to tear it down and rebuilt it from the ground up as long as the spirit remains but I I'm not even sure what that spirit is suppose to be anymore. It went through several iterations over a decade and a half. And my ideas about stories were different at different times so . . . ugh. ^^;

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Another chapter of Still Useless (Lesbians), after that confession their relationship is soooo stagnant, I need developments damn it.

Captureefef
joined Mar 16, 2018

(https://i.postimg.cc/xCWy2kTz/Capturefdgfff.png)

Like fucking christ

Say how you feel, YOU BIG DUMMY!

Where is that pic from? The left one looks like Maekawa

It's from Baby, Kokoro no Mama ni!

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 4:23PM by Nezchan

Screenshot_2020-07-21%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20school%20zone%20ch27
joined Apr 20, 2013

IAKi100atT posted:

It’s kinda nice to see a yuri manga where the central drama isn’t around the protagonists relationship, so we get two see these two dorks just be a couple while the plot continues to be engaging

Yeah! I long for the day where yuri will be so common that we'll get more stories like this.

Webp.net-compress-image
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh god I sense angst. And like, with good reason, she's already anxious about her relationship and her girlfriend bailing on a night together (that she was hoping could help patch things up) to spend time with the person she's anxious about her girlfriend spending time with... yeah, I get it. Like, it'd be better if she didn't, but I can see exactly what's coming.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I’m getting burned out on this manga.

I’ll suggest an “aaangst” tag and be done with this.

joined Aug 17, 2019

I'm glad this drama doesn't last too long. I'm in love with ch20, i can't wait to read the translation.

last edited at Jan 9, 2020 11:14PM

Webp.net-compress-image
joined Nov 26, 2019

@Aimersan that's kinda spoilers.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

heh. I love the humor. Maekwawa is such a treat. And really probably is a freakin cat!

The serious stuff is good too, of course. All the new little points are interesting. What is the editor cooking up here? This other mangaka got her break from the opening Maekawa left. She doesn't' seem to care but is the editor forcing a meeting between the two anyway?

Screenshot_2020-07-21%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20school%20zone%20ch27
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ooooh so that's why the translation team said we might hate him hahahaha... Well, I'm sure they'll work things out.

But for me, the highlight of today were these golden lines

It's perfect... It's me, it's you... It's us, this is what keeps us together. Our joy and our pain, Oh, so beautiful pain

And yeah Maekawa is 99% a cat, it all makes sense now

last edited at Jan 9, 2020 11:14PM

joined Aug 17, 2019

@Aimersan that's kinda spoilers.

Heh. FIxed, i'm so sorry. I forgot about the spoiler tag

joined Nov 7, 2017

Fucking dammit Todou... Piss off for a moment would ya.

joined Jun 12, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/still_sick_ch18#15

Can someone remind me of these lines? I kinda really don't remember where she's said them. Tried skimming a handful of chapters just now but wow, guess I'm awful at it :s

joined Mar 5, 2019

Fucking B L E S S

joined May 31, 2019

Todou, ya better not cockblock my girls ya git.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Can someone remind me of these lines? I kinda really don't remember where she's said them. Tried skimming a handful of chapters just now but wow, guess I'm awful at it :s

I don't think they were ever in a chapter, but my memory isn't that great.

Tumblr_nq90jxwvea1updraq_og_
joined Nov 17, 2017

From what I remember, she hasn't said any of these lines in the manga.

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 1:52AM

joined Mar 6, 2016

I'm glad this drama doesn't last too long. I'm in love with ch20, i can't wait to read the translation.

Me too, I’m excited to read the translation

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

From what I remember, she hasn't said any of these lines in the manga.

I'm nor sure if she has said these exact lines but they certainly paraphrase and summarize things she has said before.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

It's paraphrases, but Chapter 3 is one place where Maekawa puts out a lot of those lines.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

(https://i.imgur.com/8fDw8yp.png)

The second panel especially.

joined Jan 26, 2017

Ooooh so that's why the translation team said we might hate him hahahaha... Well, I'm sure they'll work things out.

It's perfect... It's me, it's you... It's us, this is what keeps us together. Our joy and our pain, Oh, so beautiful pain

And yeah Maekawa is 99% a cat, it all makes sense now

This was one of the best parts of this manga imo lol

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Maekawa's manga part of the story is brilliantly connected with their relationship.
This is one of the very few mangas that actually explore what happens after they start dating. The doubts are still there, and I think it's pretty hard to maintain the problems/flaws the characters had before dating, and apply them in the dating phase as well.

It's perfectly reasonable of why Shimizu is worried, knowing Maekawa's character. Also why she holds back on the intimacy.

I also think Toudou's character theme is pretty smart. He could very easily derail the story and make it boring, but adding that weird aspect of him taking things too far with the research, has an effect on the rest of the characters and helps us in exploring the two mains. That's the right way to add a secondary character without them ending up as a filler. Saburuta could learn something here.

It's paraphrases, but Chapter 3 is one place where Maekawa puts out a lot of those lines.

I don't think it's meant to be a paraphrase, but something Maekawa probably said "off-camera". She never mentioned anything similar about sleeping around before, yet it's there now.

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 7:20AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.