Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

saw the raw for ch 20 and whewwww

Link?

It's on the Pixiv manga app for free:
https://comic.pixiv.net/works/4616

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Ohhh, EFFFFFFFFFFFFF that incoming misunderstanding bullshit. I expected better of you, Still Sick.

This manga does a lot of "here's a yuri manga trope! Now behold as it is obliterated by adult communication!" so I wouldn't freak out just yet.

Yeah, I know that it probably will, I guess I'm just so sick of seeing the 'lol question your partner's attraction/dedication to you because of a man/omg lol our relationship is transient and not real because men exist" thing that I am disgruntled. lol

I think the problem is less "because men exist" and more "because Maekawa has a self-stated history of being a noncommittal flake who dumps people when they get too serious."

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah, I know that it probably will, I guess I'm just so sick of seeing the 'lol question your partner's attraction/dedication to you because of a man/omg lol our relationship is transient and not real because men exist" thing that I am disgruntled. lol

I wouldn't say that's really true here tbh. She's less worried because there is a man involved, and more because in the past Maekawa described her relationships as very casual. Obviously her having dated only men before makes it worse, but I feel the "man" part is secondary here to the other stuff.

Whoop, clearly I need to finish reading the tread before I rattle off my replies on impulse.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yumeno is a pos.

Eh, she's in the middle of a deadline crunch, she's dealing with a block, she's frustrated, and she already didn't like Maekawa much. I think we're proably meeting her at her worst, and her worst really isn't that bad.

joined Dec 5, 2018

chapter 20 is gonna be mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so good

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yumeno is a pos.

Eh, she's in the middle of a deadline crunch, she's dealing with a block, she's frustrated, and she already didn't like Maekawa much. I think we're proably meeting her at her worst, and her worst really isn't that bad.

I would excuse her if this was the deadline, but in her inner dialogue she kept saying how she was the best of them all, and how she was annoyed that Maekawa won instead of her.
She's envious and jealous, but the author will redeem her too. There's not a single bad person in this manga.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I would excuse her if this was the deadline, but in her inner dialogue she kept saying how she was the best of them all, and how she was annoyed that Maekawa won instead of her.
She's envious and jealous, but the author will redeem her too. There's not a single bad person in this manga.

Eh? But... does this mean nobody will grab Toudou and throw him off a cliff?? Poo. :(

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Eh? But... does this mean nobody will grab Toudou and throw him off a cliff?? Poo. :(

He's not a bad guy, he's just annoying, but as annoying as I find him, I think he's still nowhere near annoying enough to justify throwing him off a cliff.

joined May 1, 2013

I'm still a little confused about whether this character is supposed to be borderline or not, and if she is, why it isn't a bigger deal in her relationship.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BV posted:

He's not a bad guy, he's just annoying, but as annoying as I find him, I think he's still nowhere near annoying enough to justify throwing him off a cliff.

Of course, we don't really want to kill him off... We're talking about a small cliff, like 5 to 8 meters only.

I found the other mangaka more difficult to deal with.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I'm still a little confused about whether this character is supposed to be borderline or not, and if she is, why it isn't a bigger deal in her relationship.

Hmmm that's very interesting. I was also thinking whether Maekawa has some type of pd herself. Author could be inspired by someone who has that irl, but since it seems like Maekawa is changing her attitude on her own and quick (she is able to handle the situations better and without a therapist), i don't think the author actually intends for her to be borderline.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

MAEKAWA... MANGA IS THE HUMAN HEART...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

shadesofgreymoon posted:
Ohhh, EFFFFFFFFFFFFF that incoming misunderstanding bullshit. I expected better of you, Still Sick.

Yeah... Waiting to see how they're going to subvert this rando stalker behavior. This is one of the few mangaka-themed manga I've really liked.

x(.__.)x

last edited at Jan 18, 2020 11:51PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Anyone have a guess as to what Maekawa's job actually consists off? Been wondering. She's a manager right? I imagine she is trained in conflict resolution between co-workers among other things?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Anyone have a guess as to what Maekawa's job actually consists off? Been wondering. She's a manager right? I imagine she is trained in conflict resolution between co-workers among other things?

She is a team leader of the R&D departement

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Just reread this again, and noticed something funny. Remember their two female coworkers that saw them right before they did the dirty? It turns out those were the same two who them getting all close back in chapter 10 and chapter 14. I completely missed that the first time I was reading through this.

Also Shimizu refers to her team as her boys, in the same way they refer to her as Leader in chapter 19, which I also found pretty funny.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...that's Shimizu. -.-

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

...that's Shimizu. -.-

oopsie, i always tend to swap their name for some reasons.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yumeno is a pos.

I think you're misreading some of it? I think she was pretty much "redeemed" in this story. I mean, here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/still_sick_ch19#9

Leaving aside for now the "I'm a thoroughly worthless human being except for my manga", (she's definitely not a egotistical person overall, this is just the only thing she's got)

She's more upset at the way Maekawa downplayed the effort involved in winning? She's submitted repeatedly and kept striving to improve, and then here comes Maekawa with "Gee whiz I heard there was this contest thing so I figured I'd give it a shot." It's about first impressions. Maekawa came across as making light of something she'd worked really hard and strove for.

Then she only gets her shot because Maekawa (from her perspective) flaked out. That's not gonna make her look any better, and for somebody with already low self esteem, it's gotta be a bit of a bitter pill.

Later we get this:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/still_sick_ch19#19

This is the next time we get her internal monologue, and, yeah, she starts with "you just got lucky, I'm the real talent", but "That was what I believed" makes it pretty clear she's admitting that she was -wrong-, and that's the turning point at which she changes the way she treats Maekawa for the rest of the story.

joined Dec 9, 2014

This is the next time we get her internal monologue, and, yeah, she starts with "you just got lucky, I'm the real talent", but "That was what I believed" makes it pretty clear she's admitting that she was -wrong-, and that's the turning point at which she changes the way she treats Maekawa for the rest of the story.

She admits she was wrong about thinking she was the best because she lost, not because she regretted her attitude. And so what if Maekawa won without trying as much? That's still being envious.
That's why she treats Maekawa this way now. Her ego has been hurt, it's not because of the deadline.
Let's agree to disagree lol. I still don't like her.

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 12:26AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Maekawa has John Wick's level of self control when he refrained from violence during his retirement

joined Jun 12, 2019

Binged this and this is so good

Whatsapp%20image%202019-04-25%20at%2010.16.22%20pm%20(1)
joined Jan 4, 2018

in case any of you want to support the author,
they released the english edition https://t.co/QDtXCvc802?amp=1
please check it out

joined Dec 14, 2019

don’t wanna be that one asshole but if you’re in the yuri fandom you’re pretty much gay.. At first I was just tryna do some light reading bc my friend recommended me “their story” and i was like I cool. After reading it I was like wow uwu girl x girl relationships are so soft and cute but too bad I’m straight haha laugh out loud I’m not gay !!

then blah blah stuff happened & in conclusion, I’m gay lol

ps: technically bi but very much gay bc girls are just... so nice for no reason like they be showing mad affection too which gets me pressed bc straight girls really be playing rjriidej

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

She admits she was wrong about thinking she was the best because she lost, not because she regretted her attitude. And so what if Maekawa won without trying as much? That's still being envious.
That's why she treats Maekawa this way now. Her ego has been hurt, it's not because of the deadline.
Let's agree to disagree lol. I still don't like her.

Nnnnnah, not agreeing to disagree. You're objectively wrong in your reading of the text. That page is clearly her admitting she was wrong about Maekawa's character. It has nothing to do with her loss back at the contest. "You got lucky, I'm the real talent" is her previous attitude, "That was what I believed" is her acknowledging Maekawa as the real deal, and from that moment, she changes her behavior.

I didn't say her ego wasn't ever hurt, or that she wasn't bitter about her loss. She clearly was envious. The point I am making is that this scene explicitly shows her growing -past- that and coming to respect Maekawa. It's literally the entire point of the scene.

I don't really care if you dislike her, you can dislike anyone you want for whatever reason. (I'm sure I'm doing myself no favors in that respect) But you should at least make sure you have read the scene correctly before coming to your conclusion.

To reply you must either login or sign up.