Forum › Still Sick discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ooooh so that's why the translation team said we might hate him hahahaha... Well, I'm sure they'll work things out.

But for me, the highlight of today were these golden lines

It's perfect... It's me, it's you... It's us, this is what keeps us together. Our joy and our pain, Oh, so beautiful pain

And yeah Maekawa is 99% a cat, it all makes sense now

last edited at Jan 9, 2020 11:14PM

joined Aug 17, 2019

@Aimersan that's kinda spoilers.

Heh. FIxed, i'm so sorry. I forgot about the spoiler tag

joined Nov 7, 2017

Fucking dammit Todou... Piss off for a moment would ya.

joined Jun 12, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/still_sick_ch18#15

Can someone remind me of these lines? I kinda really don't remember where she's said them. Tried skimming a handful of chapters just now but wow, guess I'm awful at it :s

joined Mar 5, 2019

Fucking B L E S S

joined May 31, 2019

Todou, ya better not cockblock my girls ya git.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Can someone remind me of these lines? I kinda really don't remember where she's said them. Tried skimming a handful of chapters just now but wow, guess I'm awful at it :s

I don't think they were ever in a chapter, but my memory isn't that great.

Tumblr_nq90jxwvea1updraq_og_
joined Nov 17, 2017

From what I remember, she hasn't said any of these lines in the manga.

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 1:52AM

joined Mar 6, 2016

I'm glad this drama doesn't last too long. I'm in love with ch20, i can't wait to read the translation.

Me too, I’m excited to read the translation

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

From what I remember, she hasn't said any of these lines in the manga.

I'm nor sure if she has said these exact lines but they certainly paraphrase and summarize things she has said before.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

It's paraphrases, but Chapter 3 is one place where Maekawa puts out a lot of those lines.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

But for me, the highlight of today were these golden lines
(https://i.imgur.com/8fDw8yp.png)

The second panel especially.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Maekawa's manga part of the story is brilliantly connected with their relationship.
This is one of the very few mangas that actually explore what happens after they start dating. The doubts are still there, and I think it's pretty hard to maintain the problems/flaws the characters had before dating, and apply them in the dating phase as well.

It's perfectly reasonable of why Shimizu is worried, knowing Maekawa's character. Also why she holds back on the intimacy.

I also think Toudou's character theme is pretty smart. He could very easily derail the story and make it boring, but adding that weird aspect of him taking things too far with the research, has an effect on the rest of the characters and helps us in exploring the two mains. That's the right way to add a secondary character without them ending up as a filler. Saburuta could learn something here.

It's paraphrases, but Chapter 3 is one place where Maekawa puts out a lot of those lines.

I don't think it's meant to be a paraphrase, but something Maekawa probably said "off-camera". She never mentioned anything similar about sleeping around before, yet it's there now.

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 7:20AM

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

Ma'am may I kindly ask you to enter my white van

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

If my lover deadpan said that to me...

I think I'd nearly die of embarrassment. >.<;;;

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I also think Toudou's character theme is pretty smart. He could very easily derail the story and make it boring, but adding that weird aspect of him taking things too far with the research, has an effect on the rest of the characters and helps us in exploring the two mains.

Toudou is a type of character who is very common in josei manga — the mainstream hetero sort of josei, I mean. He's the elite young man of the company who is emotionless, inexpressive, all about work, hyper-efficient, and constantly pointing out the mistakes of the MC and forcing her to become better at her job. The MC hates him even though all the other girls at the company like him because he's tall, has cold good looks, is manly and alpha, has good prospects, has an expensive car, etc. etc. Of course he and the MC end up falling in love with each other.

If there's something Shimizu is knowledgeable about, it's manga clichés. No surprise, then, that she should feel uneasy when someone like Toudou is around Maekawa. :P (Oh btw, the expensive car? Chapter 18: check!)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I also think Toudou's character theme is pretty smart. He could very easily derail the story and make it boring, but adding that weird aspect of him taking things too far with the research, has an effect on the rest of the characters and helps us in exploring the two mains.

Toudou is a type of character who is very common in josei manga — the mainstream hetero sort of josei, I mean. He's the elite young man of the company who is emotionless, inexpressive, all about work, hyper-efficient, and constantly pointing out the mistakes of the MC and forcing her to become better at her job. The MC hates him even though all the other girls at the company like him because he's tall, has cold good looks, is manly and alpha, has good prospects, has an expensive car, etc. etc. Of course he and the MC end up falling in love with each other.

If there's something Shimizu is knowledgeable about, it's manga clichés. No surprise, then, that she should feel uneasy when someone like Toudou is around Maekawa. :P (Oh btw, the expensive car? Chapter 18: check!)

Yeah I know there is a stereotype of seemingly cold but deep down caring character, (not sure about the josei style you're referring too since I'm not accustomed with it) but I'm talking about him from a secondary character perspective, not a main character/love interest. Because usually those tend to be badly written and just fillers (like Citrus for example), without contributing anything important to the main story.

joined Aug 17, 2019

Yeah I know there is a stereotype of seemingly cold but deep down caring character, (not sure about the josei style you're referring too since I'm not accustomed with it) but I'm talking about him from a secondary character perspective, not a main character/love interest. Because usually those tend to be badly written and just fillers (like Citrus for example), without contributing anything important to the main story.

All the secondary characters are pretty awesome so far, but Shimizu's ex is the best boy! Toudou-san is a pretty funny guy, he isn't even a threat or anything so i guess this just makes him more enjoyable.

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 12:19PM

joined May 24, 2019

If my lover deadpan said that to me...

https://i.ibb.co/nR7C8SH/Clipboard01.jpg

I think I'd nearly die of embarrassment. >.<;;;

And you'd well deserve it, too..
Pretending to sleep to deflect your lover (who wants to talk or cuddle) is bad bed etiquette....
kids (and adults), don't try to do this at home!

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 12:36PM

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

CREDITS KILLED ME AHAHAHAHA

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

asking the artist whom you took their spot for help. what could go wrong.
The page with how people might not like a manga that was more friendship and light romantic feelings had a ironic feel to it.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I know many have chimmed in already but I re-read everything a week ago and while she never says all of this in any panels she does mention ending relationships once they start to get serious. We also see one ending where the guy has figured out how cold her view on relationships are at the time.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

yumeno sensei???? could this be the gekkan shoujo nozaki kun crossover we all been waiting for?

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Mr. Editor please respect Maekawa's personal life, if she says she already has plans for the night, postpone your out of the blue plan for her.
But that aside this manga actually handles cliches really good, so even if 'the long awaited date gets cancelled' card is played here, I'm sure the author will handle it nicely

Also, been having a few too much of such overlapping plans in irl, and those situations really suck

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That's one nice carro all right.
And it looks like he really did impose his will in the end: Maekawa caved in and accepted to go with him (and cancel the date with Shimizu). Even though what he wants has nothing to do with Maekawa's new series: he's just recruiting her to do some free assistant work for another one of his managed authors. Manly and alpha? Check too!

To reply you must either login or sign up.