Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

joined Jan 10, 2017

Seako's kind of unbearable though.

She's got nothing to aspire to.

Hope she'd get herself centered a little and see her relationship with Miwa as being more than just something to make her feel good and happy.

I don't think it's bad that she's kind of shallow. It feels authentic and it's kind of fun. i just hope we don't get the oneshot ending.

last edited at Oct 11, 2018 12:39AM

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

Oh thank god she chose a jazz

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

by now it couldn't matter less if i already know from the one-shot how the story ends. the characters are really coming alive.

also compare and contrast https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/so_do_you_wanna_go_out_or#26

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

You know this art reminds me of Amagakure Gido's work a bit in that the characters have a lot of dynamic facial expressions. But yeah, I really love how we have so many high quality adult yuri manga's being translated. It is really what I've been needing

Amen! Coming of age first love stories are cute and all, but they have been done to death.

last edited at Oct 11, 2018 1:55AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Aaahhh shituu

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Oh lord I really hope this doesn’t go like in the oneshot, they’re so cute and the sense of melancholy distance would fuck me up, can we get some realistic lesbians with a happy ending in this world? Is that too much to ask? I almost feel a sense of dread getting attached to these characters.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Lol Saeko reminds me of myself, completely fawning over her girlfriend. And the teeth thing.... definitely happened to me the first time I made out

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh lord I really hope this doesn’t go like in the oneshot, they’re so cute and the sense of melancholy distance would fuck me up, can we get some realistic lesbians with a happy ending in this world? Is that too much to ask? I almost feel a sense of dread getting attached to these characters.

Why not ignore the one shot and go with the flow? Clinging to the one shot might take the joy out of reading this series. You never know, we may just get a happy ending

last edited at Oct 11, 2018 2:44AM

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

At this point I couldn't care less if this ends up with the oneshot ending. The journey is good so far so I'm sure the ending will still be worth it. It's not like the original ending was that bad either. It portrayed two people who broke up but still managed to stay friends with minimum drama, something you almost never get to see in romance stories and it was refreshing as all hell.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

It was in that moment he realized he had zero chance.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

It was in that moment he realized he had zero chance.

If you're referring to the guy who walked in on them kissing... He's the one who just made up with his girlfriend. You're confusing him the other guy who confessed to Miwa.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Sibliminal is best
huehuehue

joined Feb 18, 2015

I really enjoyed the one-shot, but this is SOOOOO much better! Getting to see things from Saeko's perspective as well as Miwa's makes the story much more interesting and FAR more complex. For one thing, it's fairly clear that Miwa's perspective on their early relationship was not entirely accurate and that Saeko was never really honest about her real feelings. She was attracted to Miwa from the start and was pretty much head over heals for her, or at least deeply in lust. It makes her drunken proposition that they start dating make much more sense. She'd been pining for her since the first time she saw her and then she found out she's actually into girls? Why not go for it? But she couldn't open herself up and let her know how much she really liked her. That would be like taking the dagger and placing it over her heart, then telling her to plunge it in if she felt like it. So she played it cool.

It helps explain the character so much!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Personally, I think this is very interesting. I also like to see things from Saeko's perspective. Is she in love or is she just in love with the idea of dating someone. Well, she obviously likes Miwa, but... what will happen?
And I don't see the oneshot as a bad end, anymore. They are cute together, sure. But if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Real life relationships are very complicated.
Anyways, It's an open end. I like to think that both of them got another partner and were happy with them off-screen, because why not? They're both cute and interesting. And that is a better way than sticking together for life with someone who just doesn't quite get you, imho.

last edited at Oct 11, 2018 10:44AM

joined May 7, 2017

I went ahead this morning and just read this last chapter like 15 times, again, this has the makings to be the best yuri EVER, you heard it here first

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I’m amazed, this is as real as it gets, I feel like I’m reading a real life portrait, the characters are so realistic I can feel their feelings and they’re so strong it’s almost like they engulf me into their world, whether the kiss or romanticism intertwined in the fears of being judged by the society

and

I went ahead this morning and just read this last chapter like 15 times, again, this has the makings to be the best yuri EVER, you heard it here first

You and me are so much in sync. Great minds think alike, I guess? ;-)

The characters have a sheer realism and solidity that you don't find too often in this genre. At the same time, they are incredibly expressive -- in the best tradition of good manga. And their psychologies and their relationship are in constant development: we keep learning more about them, practically with every page, and it's all so waffy and endearing...

If they end up breaking up, like in the oneshot, I'm gonna be rilly sad. :-(

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I’m amazed, this is as real as it gets, I feel like I’m reading a real life portrait, the characters are so realistic

Heh, yeah.
Quiz: how many different earrings has Miwa used in the 3 chapters so far? ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Sibliminal is best
huehuehue

Nice.

joined Mar 5, 2016

I’m amazed, this is as real as it gets, I feel like I’m reading a real life portrait, the characters are so realistic

Heh, yeah.
Quiz: how many different earrings has Miwa used in the 3 chapters so far? ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

it's such a good detail that she has a whole assortment of big earrings.

both of them have the perfect mix of hairstyle and personality for their preferred kind of ear decorations. it's impressive, really.

last edited at Oct 11, 2018 4:08PM

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

I can’t stand Saeko, but I don’t know really why. I would rather see an ending where it’s the other way around, where Miwa finds someone else first and Saeko sees them in public

last edited at Oct 11, 2018 4:13PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

oh Miwa, so precious <3
please Saeko, cherish your girlfriend, don't waste such a gem!

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I know so many people have said this, but I reeeeeeeeeeally hope that this ends differently than the oneshot. The characters feel so amazingly lifelike, and although they have very different personalities, I think that they may be able to get over it if they meet in the middle!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I want to remind everyone that this series (almost certainly) does not end when they break up - which they totally, 100%, are GOING TO DO. It was pointed out several times that this part is the prequel to a series about them being a band together even though they ARE exes, and how awkward that is at times. Then, apparently, the back-story took over so much that tmfly decided for now the back-story would be the first chapter, instead of coming out later as a prequel or omake. The vision they said was that them being in a band was the main story. This just kind of slipped the reins. So they not only stay friends, but bandmates. So nothing bad is going to happen - this is just their first serious relationship and it didn't develop into something you bring the U-Haul out for.

joined Sep 21, 2013

Please, we want a diferent final, they are so cute...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Sniff, I was looking for other stuff by tmfly (the author) and found this:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/selfish_girlfriends

It's a "So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or?" doujinshi. That's right, the author drew a doujinshi of her own manga. This is the opening page:

So...

Their 'doomed compromise of a relationship' it is...

Why, author, why?!? Waaah, so sad...

To reply you must either login or sign up.