Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Saeko actually kinda -does- want to think about love, she just gets easily distracted by hotness. ;p

joined Mar 5, 2016

I really like how this one is written. Those two feel so much alive to me. It certainly helps that the facial expressions and body language are also very on point.

yes, this is some exceptional art. the second chapter lives up to my expectations of quality. this might very well end up one of the all-time great yuri comics.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I SO AGREE

Both the dialogues and the art are great. And the story is something you don't find so often: cute, funny, non-angsty yuri between legally adult women who work or are in college. I love it when scanlators pick a manga like this. Add to it the recent release of Original Mikanuji Yuri and, wow, I feel so loved and treasured these days, lol.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

And also: thumbs up to Sexy Akiba Detectives, the scanlators! I love when a Japanese manga with a college setting (read: sex, booze, clubs & parties) is translated this way, making the characters sound just like their Western counterparts would in a similar ambience.

I completely agree with you. It fits perfectly and adds a lot a value to the manga.

Me three! I shoulda mentioned that in my previous message: the wonderful work of the scanlators, who are trying really hard to be faithful to the spirit of the original, adds a lot to my enjoyment of this story.

«You're makin' it sound like she SUCKS HUGE ELEPHANT NUTS at singin'!!»

lol lol

joined Jul 26, 2016

Saeko doesn't really have a filter, does she? :P

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

besides half the characters in "happy end" romance stories probably broke up off-camera eventually after their series ended anyway
people change, feelings change, people move on, etc etc etc

NO! NO! NO! THEY MOVE IN TOGETHER, GET HERS AND HERS TOWELS! THEN ADOPT A COUPLE OF CATS, NAMED SIR FLUFFY BOTTOM, AND MADAM BLACK SOX! THEY LIVE HAPPILY UNTIL A RIPE OLD AGE, WHERE THEY DIE PEACEFULLY IN THEIR SLEEP KNOWING THEY SPENT A LONG AND FULFILLING LIFE WITH THEIR ONE AND ONLY TRUE LOVE! THE END! They leave that crappy real life drama and angst stuff, to bittersweet one shots, and country and western music.

You know, my life would've been a lot less miserable if I DIDN'T convince my 14-year old self that this is how the world works and that failure to meet that standard makes you a failure as a person.

Just sayin'.

I watch all the teen drama series, and movies, that show the girl falling in love with the broken "bad boy", and wonder how many women's lives are ruined, because they were taught, your love can fix them.

last edited at Sep 21, 2018 2:22PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I love everything about this manga, but I think the facial expressions are my favorite part. I'm not sure if the translations or the likely plot take second, but they're both amazing.

besides half the characters in "happy end" romance stories probably broke up off-camera eventually after their series ended anyway

NO! NO! NO! THEY MOVE IN TOGETHER, GET HERS AND HERS TOWELS! THEN ADOPT A COUPLE OF CATS, NAMED SIR FLUFFY BOTTOM, AND MADAM BLACK SOX! THEY LIVE HAPPILY UNTIL A RIPE OLD AGE, WHERE THEY DIE PEACEFULLY IN THEIR SLEEP KNOWING THEY SPENT A LONG AND FULFILLING LIFE WITH THEIR ONE AND ONLY TRUE LOVE! THE END! They leave that crappy real life drama and angst stuff, to bittersweet one shots, and country and western music.

You know, my life would've been a lot less miserable if I DIDN'T convince my 14-year old self that this is how the world works and that failure to meet that standard makes you a failure as a person.

Just sayin'.

I watch all the teen drama series, and movies, that show the girl falling in love with the broken "bad boy", and wonder how many women's lives are ruined, because they were taught, your love can fix them.

Also the whole love at first sight/suddenly head over heals thing.

I'm actually quite happy their likely to split up over the course of this series (and I'll be even happier if it follows them into their next relationships). They both have a lot of, probably, unhealthy ideas about love and didn't really get together for the most stable of reasons. That's going to reflect a lot of real life relationships and actually showing the flaws with that approach and how to handle it responsibly is a really good thing that doesn't come up often.

Nozoav
joined Feb 28, 2015

All the people being sad about their inevitable breakup are weird. From the previous oneshots it can't be emphasised more as to how incompatible they are and how them dating is absolutely a compromise. Just wanting them to stay together solely because they're both girls is equally as bad as terrible chemistry straight pairings in other works that only happen because the characters need to be heterosexual

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I love everything about this manga, but I think the facial expressions are my favorite part. I'm not sure if the translations or the likely plot take second, but they're both amazing.

Just sayin'.

Also the whole love at first sight/suddenly head over heals thing.

I'm actually quite happy their likely to split up over the course of this series (and I'll be even happier if it follows them into their next relationships). They both have a lot of, probably, unhealthy ideas about love and didn't really get together for the most stable of reasons. That's going to reflect a lot of real life relationships and actually showing the flaws with that approach and how to handle it responsibly is a really good thing that doesn't come up often.

Your right the whole love at first sight/destined lovers is way overrated. I do like to see sparks when the main character meets their love interst, though. I admit it's a fine to walk, but I've seen it done well before.

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

People are making the breakup seem way worse than it is. It was quite bittersweet and honestly pretty nice, because they both resolved their character arcs after doing so. Sure, they weren't together, but they were happy and fine with that, and that's not a bad thing.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I agree Saeko, I also think Miwa is exceptionally attractive.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

If the breakup is inevitable, I hope they at least end on good terms.
Anyway, I do believe I read the oneshot too, but I barely remember any of it. lol

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

All the people being sad about their inevitable breakup are weird. From the previous oneshots it can't be emphasised more as to how incompatible they are and how them dating is absolutely a compromise. Just wanting them to stay together solely because they're both girls is equally as bad as terrible chemistry straight pairings in other works that only happen because the characters need to be heterosexual

Agreed. But I think most of the comments here are pretty open to what this story is saying which is awesome!
I also don't think they seem right for each other. At least not right now.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

The one shot ending was more sweet than bitter for me. I like that they became good friends, helping each other navigate the queer dating scene. It reminds me of how I met my best friend/ex in freshman year of college lol.

Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

I feel like im slowly dying in bliss. Ill be dead by the end of this series. Goodbye world. This manga is too good for me.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

love this so much, I don't remember ever reading a yuri series with an art style that I liked as much as this

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

YAY! New chapter! Gonna read right now! Be back in a snap!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Helmsman, I see a storm on the horizon.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

i think they will be together in the end (they might break up like in the one shot, but get back to gather by the end) they just seem to perfect for each other.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Ok I'm back.

GREAT CHAPTER! Saeko really is falling in love with Miwa, isn't she? I was certain at first that she wasn't serious and just wanted some nookie, but it's clear now that her feelings are real. I'm more worried about Miwa now -- she's like the queen of mixed signals, I can't tell if she's taking this relationship seriously or not.

love this so much, I don't remember ever reading a yuri series with an art style that I liked as much as this

I agree. There's something about the art that makes me all giddy, I feel happy just by looking at the beautiful panels, the adorably expressive characters and the carefully detailed backgrounds.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

i think they will be together in the end (they might break up like in the one shot, but get back to gather by the end) they just seem to perfect for each other.

I sure hope you're right. Making them break up would be too cruel.

Btw, great translation job, as usual. I laughed at the "My Type On Paper" reference -- good choice! ^_^

joined May 7, 2017

I’m amazed, this is as real as it gets, I feel like I’m reading a real life portrait, the characters are so realistic I can feel their feelings and they’re so strong it’s almost like they engulf me into their world, whether the kiss or romanticism intertwined in the fears of being judged by the society

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Ugh Miwa is cute. I'm with you Saeko.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

You know this art reminds me of Amagakure Gido's work a bit in that the characters have a lot of dynamic facial expressions. But yeah, I really love how we have so many high quality adult yuri manga's being translated. It is really what I've been needing

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Seako's kind of unbearable though.

She's got nothing to aspire to.

Hope she'd get herself centered a little and see her relationship with Miwa as being more than just something to make her feel good and happy.

last edited at Oct 11, 2018 12:17AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.