Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

Saeko, chill for a moment, your mom is going to walk into the room with snacks and tea soon.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Saeko, chill for a moment, your mom is going to walk into the room with snacks and tea soon.

The daughter replies with "no" -- then the mom yelled back with "No hanky panky!"

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Honestly, this is all shaping up just like the original story. I, for one, can't wait for the next phase. yuri exes in a band together

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

bass strings

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

This is weird, it feels more like an original manga than a translated one. Maybe it’s the dialogue — it feels kinda western.

Smoltopbun
joined Mar 2, 2018

I like how both Saeko's bandmates and mom knew she was planning to do it all along.

last edited at May 3, 2019 1:14AM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Oh my gosh, this story is so relatable even the mom is relatable
100/10 masterpiece

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Is it just me or is the art even better than before? (It's not like me to gush, but I can't help it here.)

tmfly has probably my favorite style of any yuri artist who is regularly putting out work. it's really playful and unique. the inking is real good.

God I've been missing this
Why can't there be more adult yuri in my life?

agreed. tamamusi has some good stuff, but its all super light hearted. i'd still rather fluffy adult plots than ones with minors though. i think the yuri audience is mostly younger, so adult content probably doesn't sell as well. i can imagine editors being picky about running serialized stuff that doesn't cater to 15-20 age group. could be wrong, just a hunch.

Seriously, I never actually felt as horny as them in my entire life... I mean, sex is and feels good, but the most important part is the mood and agreement!

pretty sure this is exactly why miwa has been struggling to feel connected. she seems more interested in romance than saeko, and there is a bit of a disconnect. even in the first chapter that shows them being sexually intimate, saeko seems to have a hard time being "serious."

i'm guessing saeko covers up her insecurities and fear of rejection/social issues by acting like things don't matter all that much. being able to play off her behavior as just light hearted fun might be a defense mechanism that she has learned from lots of negative experiences. this is usually called "internalized homophobia" and it's really common. as much as she wants to be herself and can accept other lgbt people, she doesn't seem quite ready to accept herself. (been there)

when i see this kind of character depth in a manga, it usually makes me think the author is lgbt. it's not easy to write convincing characters, but so far this one seems better than most. i think that you'd need to either be queer or be close to a lot of queer people in order to write something like this.

hopefully we get monthly updates for a while. this is probably the yuri i am most excited to see develop that is currently running.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is a really really really solid story!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, pretty obvious that the girl she's having sex with in the intro isn't Saeko.

At this point in the story, she's still hesitant about sex.

In the intro, she's doing it like a rabbit.

So, we already know that their relationship is going to fail.

last edited at May 3, 2019 2:58AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Yeah, pretty obvious that the girl she's having sex with in the intro isn't Saeko.

I wouldn't be so sure. It can 'ardly be a coincidence that the other girl's shown talkin' somewhere-ben jus' like Saeko.

Or then eye-spelling is a turn-on for Miwa.

last edited at May 3, 2019 3:22AM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I wouldn't be so sure. It can 'ardly be a coincidence that the other girl's shown talkin' somewhere-ben jus' like Saeko.

Or then eye-spelling is a turn-on for Miwa.

I'm pretty sure it's Saeko.
https://mobile.twitter.com/_tmfly_/status/1123965871024758788

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

However this one ends, I really hope we get more of both of them.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

love that mom

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Aaaah I really like this manga.

As for sex, well, everyone is different. I tend to meet a lot of women that are very casual about sex which is super frustrating because I'm not. We don't all have the same feeling/conception about sex. For some it's just a leisure or a playing thing ; for others it's an important act. I think the MCs just have different feelings about this. It's super common. (at least for me it is...)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Quiescent-Rose posted:

This is weird, it feels more like an original manga than a translated one. Maybe it’s the dialogue — it feels kinda western.

Sexy Akiba Detectives heavily localize their translations. It's probably because of that.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

love that mom

Totally, she's so cool with her lesbian daughter and even makes a point to be supportive and friendly towards her daughter's girlfriend.

Also: thanks to her we found the answer to an age-old mystery: what happens when you facefault on a flight of stairs?? Answer: you skid down all the way to the bottom, as if on a playground slide, while your gf watches in bafflement.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Placing a bet now that we're heading down the "I like her a lot platonically, but I don't love her" route in terms of Miwa's feelings for Saeko.

Well, I mean we already know how it ends so that's not really wrong

Ab03237b-ac0d-4030-8288-8032dc7528e5
joined May 12, 2015

As for sex, well, everyone is different. I tend to meet a lot of women that are very casual about sex which is super frustrating because I'm not. We don't all have the same feeling/conception about sex. For some it's just a leisure or a playing thing ; for others it's an important act. I think the MCs just have different feelings about this. It's super common. (at least for me it is...)

same here, like sex has a deeper meaning for me

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

At this point in the story, she's still hesitant about sex.

In the intro, she's doing it like a rabbit.

So, we already know that their relationship is going to fail.

So as pointed out, the girl in the intro sure -talks- like Saeko, and acts like her, and while we don't see her face clearly, the hair length and style could easily be Saeko.

The fact that they're sexually active in the intro doesn't tell us anything. Even if the one-shot is predictive, we still know from the one-shot that Saeko and Miwa are sexually active and that Miwa really enjoys it.

(the rest of this is not directed at you specifically)

Honestly, I wish people would just shut up about how it ends. If a possible breakup ending is a dealbreaker, that's fine. Go away, comeback if you hear that it ended happily for the girls. If it's not, then chill out and stop fussing about it.

The fact is we don't know how it ends. We don't know if the author just wanted to expand on the characters while keeping the same result, or if they wanted to revisit them and see them as working out. We don't know if they're gonna break up the same way, or differently. We don't even know if the girls in the one-shot stay broken up. Exes get together all the time. They grow and become more compatible. Sometimes they grow apart.

There are innumerable good, well-told stories that could come out of this, so just...let the story be told, okay?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

And you won't be alone, scanlator-san. I'll be right there to help you.

Rika-chan... ♡ ♡ ♡

last edited at May 3, 2019 1:56PM

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Wow, I just noticed this series for the first time and I'm loving it. Gives me Their Story vibes with the college age and fun but realistic take. Following their life together feels refreshing, it always saddens me when stories just end the moment they agree to date (since that's where the fun actually begins!!).

I'm fine with how the oneshot ends, but this fleshes out both Miwa and Saeko a lot more, they're already showing development (ie. Saeko opening up to telling others about them without degrading herself and Miwa realizing her dream type might just be fantasy).

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

same here, like sex has a deeper meaning for me

Yes, I get you both too. For me having sex is an act of getting closer to a person, so I don't want to do it too soon.
This manga feels very real in portraying those different views. I wonder where Miwa and Saeko will go wrong, though. Until now the relationship seems rather sweet and not like it might fail.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This story is worth the hurt. I love seeing Miwa's dissonance in the pages.

Still very happy with this one.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

And you won't be alone, scanlator-san. I'll be right there to help you.

Rika-chan... ♡ ♡ ♡

rika is the ONLY straight ally (but ngl after what happens in a couple of chapters i want her and usshi to........ kiss.......)

To reply you must either login or sign up.