Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh wow... a realistic relationship in the process of failing. And when you're gay, it keeps nagging at you that it may be your only chance in life to be in a relationship at all.

This hits a bit too close home to be comfortable to read.

joined Mar 5, 2016

Hehe why u still reading this story that has a terrible ending huh? They both are lesbians xd but their end is horrible...I'm not reading this story (I preferred pass it and forget) but you're hurting yourself reading this xd...if u like it, go on xd

I don't get people who sprinkle obnoxious text emotes in their writing. The heck is "xd" supposed to convey?

I don’t get the “together at the end” junkies—not even “happy ending” junkies, necessarily, but the ones who think that when any two lesbians are together in a story, they need to be together at the end, no matter how clearly the story shows that being together is not actually a good outcome for the characters. Otherwise, the story is “trash,” “useless,” they feel betrayed by the author, etc.

Meanwhile, stories that handwave away every problem and conflict in order to get to “together ever after,” no matter how perfunctory or preposterous the solutions, are regarded as masterpieces of “feels.”

Well, I kind of do get them, actually, but I really don’t get the subset of them who feel compelled to write aggressive, obnoxious, (and usually barely literate) attacks on people who don’t share their priorities.

So, I guess that u have faith that this will end in a different way?
Oh right, let's think of the author think the same way...
Pd. When this show the break up...I'll back
Pd.2: Did I attack someone? I just said my point of view but you are who get offended, with that I've nothing to do with it

Your reading skills are the equal of your writing ability. Let me restate so even you (excuse me, “u”) might possibly understand:

I don’t really care how it ends as long as the story is well-told, as so far it is.

I don't wanna start a fight so I will ignore this...and maybe no one cares what I'm gonna said but: ----> Ending>>>>>>>>story...
Almost all the people based in that thing when they gonna watch or read something...besides, it isn't a waste of time read something that at the end is bad? But how I said before, toxic people, if you liked I respect that

the history of stories is filled with tragedies. it's kind of a big deal. so on its face, no. for the particular one-shot we're talking about, it isn't even a sad ending. two people grow out of their romantic relationship and into a friendly relationship after realising they aren't right for each other but also after learning about themselves. part of growing as a person is realising that not everything that didn't go how you expected it to can be said to be a mistake. Miwa and Saeko's relationship in the one-shot petered out but it was good for each of them. nothing horrible happened to them. i mean c'mon, in this "cruel world" as you put it, a pair of homosexual women who merely become friends instead of romantic partners is glorious sunshine compared to what often is written or what could happen.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Rika is clearly helping end the relationship early IMO. The other girl is a less poisonous person to know. BUT REMEMBER: They will stay in the band. They will stay friends. And the point is, it will be awkward going forward. The awkwardness of exes in the same band is the whole point. My guess is Miwa will break it off, or Saeko will because Miwa isnt physical enough often enough, and either way, Miwa will be jealous and upset when Saeko brings women to meet the band, etc.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

White Rose posted:

She's just trying to help Miwa, y'know? She's hetero with a passion, she has loads of male lovers, but she's perfectly fine with her schoolmates being lesbians -- and, even more, she tries to be supportive of their relationship and wants to help Miwa by giving her advice. She really doesn't deserve all the heat she's getting.

Mm yeah. Rika's a good girl. People should stop hatin' on her.

You almost make it sound like a great person, when the only good thing that we can agree is that she doesn't care if they're lesbian and in fact she is TRYING to be supportive... But that doesn't give her any right to push her own way in someone's else relationship, did you hear Miwa asking for advice? it was more like an interrogatory from someone who doesn't mind sleeping around with lot of people, and of couuuuuurse her advice was JUST DO IT!!! bravo -.-) so no, I don't like her.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Blastaar posted:

I’d say it’s a ‘bot based on the idiot-thesaurus word substitutions, but I’m pretty sure it’s just an idiot.

I'd say the links edited into the post's quote confirm it's just an advertising account.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Like a lot of folks have said, just cuz the original one-shot had a Bad End doesn't mean that this one will. Or hey, maybe this one will end up expanding beyond the original Bad End and they end up together after time apart and time to grow? Hell, even if this is just done in order to flesh out the one-shot, I'm cool with it. As much as I love a happy ending, life doesn't work out like that all the time, so I'm okay with a dose of reality from time to time.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This story is really nice, but I hope we don't get another bad end.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

I'm gonna just add to the point that starting a relationship with a friend and then managing to keep a healthy friendship after it ends up not working out is not a bad end at all. I wish I had the luxury of having such a "bad end" on a few past relationships. Yuri doesn't have to conform to romantic idealism all the time. It's nice to see characters that act like real people too.

Ending>>>>>>>>story...

That's really stupid, sorry. Not everyone is here to read fairy tales. I hope you someday grow out of that too.

joined May 7, 2017

Never fails to deliver, another chapter beautifully delivered chapter. What a wonderful job this author is doing by portraying such relatable characters.
Miwa and Saeko will not end up together and this is fine by me neither I want them together, it's a good change of pace, every story the protagonist A falls for the protagonist B, 347684417 events later they end up together, blah blah blah, let's break the norm a little.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Man the art is really making me think of the original Sailor Moon anime, and a bit of Ranma, it has that 80s-90s quality to it that a lot of modern anime lack.

I don't mind the ending. It's the world we live in, if we jump into the first relationship option that presents itself, odds are it won't work out. Shrugs It's life, especially when you're new to dating. It takes a bit of experience to get to the point where you can weed out unsuitable partners quickly. Some people are lucky and run into their soulmate right away, the rest of us have to go through an awkward dating phase.

Fwerpng
joined Jul 25, 2017

Noot noot
(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think it's becoming more and more clear that Miwa wanted a friend she could confide in, and Saeko wanted a cute girl to fuck. They'll both find what they wanted, but that doesn't make the foundation for a very stable relationship.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Bizarre with this manga that like, half the comments are about the ending, when the manga hasn't even shown any signs of ending yet...

It's sweet and cute tho, and unlike a lot of yuri series the themes and progression aren't tied to any OTP - they're about the individuals themselves, both of whom have been surprisingly fleshed out. The weaving between mature drama and off-beat comedy rather reminds me of Femme Fatale, it's really nice to see something gay with a style like this.

Also hell yeah go tmfly! Super happy for them getting something officially published.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

This last chapter is a pretty good example of relationship dynamics when one is young and inexperienced. Fear of committing to the wrong person, external factors trying to sabotage, misaligned libidos...

Yeah, when you've spent a lot of time and energy being confused about how to get in to a relationship, you're still utterly clueless about how, when, and why you'd get out of one. Barring some obvious incompatibility, abuse, deal-breaking behavior, etc., you question, "Is this the normal level of happiness/contentment that people have in relationships?" "Am I expecting too much, am I doing too little?" "Would I even have a chance at another relationship ever again?" "My partner is just trying to be nice, so why am I so annoyed?" and so on.

Hearing someone say, "It's not you--it's me" is horrible, but so is saying it and meaning it.

Oof. So much oof.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Bizarre with this manga that like, half the comments are about the ending, when the manga hasn't even shown any signs of ending yet...

It's sweet and cute tho, and unlike a lot of yuri series the themes and progression aren't tied to any OTP - they're about the individuals themselves, both of whom have been surprisingly fleshed out.

This manga is cute and adorable and the MCs are totally lovable and realistic and easy to identify with. Also, the art is superb and has a solidity that you don't see often in yuri manga. (Quiz: how many different pairs of earrings Miwa owns?)

I don't know why some people keep debating about the ending and whether it will be good or bad for the main couple. "Will this story end just like in the oneshot, or will it be different this time?" Afaiac it has zero importance. But, then again, I suspect tmfly knows that there are readers who anxiously wonder about that and is intentionally playing with their edginess and rising all sorts of flags to create suspense. >:)

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Mm yeah. Rika's a good girl. People should stop hatin' on her.

You almost make it sound like a great person, when the only good thing that we can agree is that she doesn't care if they're lesbian and in fact she is TRYING to be supportive...

Y'know, that's quite a lot already. Just sayin'.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Apart from buying this as an ebook on Amazon.jp, they now ship internationally, so you can buy the physical copy if you want

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

In real life people are like that too. You can't expect every couples (yuri or not) to be happy forever together.

The thing I like most about this manga is how the author depicts real life relationship without including some kind of tear jerker.

joined Apr 1, 2018

When is there more

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

When is there more

i'm wondering the same thing

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Placing a bet now that we're heading down the "I like her a lot platonically, but I don't love her" route in terms of Miwa's feelings for Saeko.

Pout
joined Jun 26, 2018

Oh Saeko...

joined Oct 15, 2014

At the beginning, I don't really have high hopes for a happy ending based on the one-shot but I this just get my hopes up wayyyy to much....

last edited at May 2, 2019 8:05PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Seriously, I never actually felt as horny as them in my entire life... I mean, sex is and feels good, but the most important part is the mood and agreement!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

God I've been missing this
Why can't there be more adult yuri in my life?

To reply you must either login or sign up.