Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Nanoha: Well well well if it isn’t the consequences of my own actions

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nanoha: Well well well if it isn’t the consequences of my own actions

That’s always the worst—so much better when you can blame someone else . . .

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thank you, Mai-chan, for setting in motion the chain of events that culminates in the most recent chapters, available elsewhere.

last edited at Dec 21, 2019 12:34PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

OK,thought on all chapters uploaded: The friends don't know about their relationship since they asked what's the problem with Nanoha. If they know about it, they wouldn't ask why because they would know.

Speaking of Nanoha, the start of Ch.71 tick me off, Nanoha thinking Chidori will have forgive her is a bit stupid. Chidori don't know what the problem since they never talk about it and so don't understand what Nanoha have blow up like that. I mean yeah, Chidori has her fair share of responsability but since she don't see that as a problem, it's a bit strange to think she will come apologize like that.
Nice throwback to Girl Friends with the visit of the same park with heart shape cobblestone.Nice symbolism with the church. "Why you didn't tell me sooner ?" I don't know, maybe if you hadn't explode like that and keep the act, she could have told you.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

theres absolutely no way their friends don't know the two of them are dating.

joined Mar 18, 2018

I love this manga so much. Hmm? Oh, that's all i wanted to say~ ^^
Hope it get an english physical release one day~

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

This page told me they aren't aware of it because they were , they wouldn't ask to herself what the deal. But here, it's something that can raise suspicions,

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nanoha broke... But now they've finally talked things through and come out stronger for it. Good.

But here, it's something that can raise suspicions,

The last comment here even more so. But yeah, most of their comments certainly make it clear that they have no idea, even after how these two have been behaving in these last few chapters...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This page told me they aren't aware of it because they were , they wouldn't ask to herself what the deal. But here, it's something that can raise suspicions,

I'm of the opinion that the friends suspect Chidori and Nanoha might be into each other, but don't know for sure. Ahh, if I'm correct, they're sourly underestimating the situation. laughs

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I can't wait to see their reactions when they learn they've been dating for so long.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I can't wait to see their reactions when they learn they've been dating for so long.

Honestly my ideal is they finally tell their friends and just... one of the 3 is like "HAH I FUCKING TOLD YOU" to the other 2, because I can't imagine the 3 of them haven't been speculating for a while at the very least.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Diavolo

I'm sorry, my real-time word association was so hilarious this time around, I couldn't help it.

last edited at Dec 21, 2019 4:26PM

joined Jun 30, 2017

Am I the only one who feels it's very unfair for Chidori to be the only one to apologise? She had done absolutely nothing wrong by having an innocent, platonic, private conversation with a friend, and Nanoha isn't entitled to knowing everything Chidori talks about with everyone she meets. If anything, Nanoha is the one who should be apologising and promising she wouldn't do it again. This sets a bad precedent in the relationship.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

She had done absolutely nothing wrong by having an innocent, platonic, private conversation with a friend, and Nanoha isn't entitled to knowing everything Chidori talks about with everyone she meets.

That's the problem, Chidori know it was innocent and she was actually asking Mai about the relation between her and Nanoha end the problem of the bath during the trip. Thing is that Nanoha don't know and Chidori answering by "It's a secret" doesn't really help and become a bit jealous. As i disagree, it's that Chidori has her part of responsability on that fight, as she don't really thought that keeping that a secret will trigger Nanoha. Where i agree is that Nanoha's sulking and act was a bit disproportionate for the matter. Being jealous is kinda normal in this situation but sticking out her tongue like she does was very childish.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Am I the only one who feels it's very unfair for Chidori to be the only one to apologise? She had done absolutely nothing wrong by having an innocent, platonic, private conversation with a friend, and Nanoha isn't entitled to knowing everything Chidori talks about with everyone she meets. If anything, Nanoha is the one who should be apologising and promising she wouldn't do it again. This sets a bad precedent in the relationship.

I think you need to reread. Chidori was not the only one to apologize. She first decided to apologize of her own volition here, and she apologizes to Chidori and says tells her should be the one apologizing instead of Chidori here. She also apologizes again and says she was worrying too much here.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm always amazed at how objective and rational any characters are expected to act when they're in the grip of their emotions, let alone very young people, let alone young people in a relationship--"right" and "wrong" get weighed in the scales of justice by readers acting like Grand Inquisitors.

More often than not, both parties are partly right and partly wrong, so all this parsing out who should really apologize just replicates the argument in the story--the point is that (as is normally the case in garden-variety domestic arguments), they're both sorry they ended up fighting and want a way out of it.

To hear some readers you'd think we're the judge and jury in some kind of moral small-claims court.

Nanoha is the one who tends to wear her emotions on her sleeve, and Chidori is the more tamped-down one. That's always been their basic dynamic--as the friend says, they usually bring out the best in each other. But occasionally, temporarily, it works the other way.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

She did apologize, but as for the reason she didn't apologize first... If you look at it from Nanoha's standpoint, at first it was just meant as sort of a joke. She didn't intend on making a big deal out of it, she was still worried about the Mai thing but she had kinda accepted it, since she was just going to teasingly be upset and then go back to normal. But then Chidori blew the whole thing up by not addressing it and it all escalated from there.

last edited at Dec 21, 2019 5:27PM

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

(...) "right" and "wrong" get weighed in the scales of justice by readers acting like Grand Inquisitors.

More often than not, both parties are partly right and partly wrong. (...)

To hear some readers you'd think we're the judge and jury in some kind of moral small-claims court.

Yes but it's fun to discuss about who did what wrong and getting insights from different people. People have different views and discussing these different views can help you gain more insight and look at it from a perspective you hadn't yet. Isn't part of the point of fiction so you can think about it and weigh different options? It's fun to scrutinize chatacters, to judge them, to weigh them up against each other, to think about what happened. Who's to blame? What are they thinking? Questions questions? It's fun, I don't see what's wrong with people having "moral small-claims" discussions.
I'm surprised a lover-of-discusson such as yourself doesn't agree to that.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

But then Chidori blew the whole thing up by not addressing it and it all escalated from there.

But Chidori's reaction is normal for her point of view. Nanoha start being grumpy a bit of nowhere and start to sulk and act childish. Most peoples would have react the same way Chidori have. I mean yeah, the start of the fight might be because of her but the whole thing take some proportions because of Nanoha's act. I don't say Chidori is for nothing, but putting the bigger part on her is not the right way to see this.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

At this point, I think everyone - or at least someone in the club - has got to have figured it out. What would be hilarious is if at the end of the series there were POV chapters from everyone else of when they figured it out. Surely Mai isn't the only one to catch them, and they're so damn obvious. Especially this arc!

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm just gonna pretend to ignore the whole fault conversation by actually commenting on these chapters:
deep inhale
All's well that ends well.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

(...) "right" and "wrong" get weighed in the scales of justice by readers acting like Grand Inquisitors.

More often than not, both parties are partly right and partly wrong. (...)

Yes but it's fun to discuss about who did what wrong and getting insights from different people. People have different views and discussing these different views can help you gain more insight and look at it from a perspective you hadn't yet. Isn't part of the point of fiction so you can think about it and weigh different options? It's fun to scrutinize chatacters, to judge them, to weigh them up against each other, to think about what happened. Who's to blame? What are they thinking? Questions questions? It's fun, I don't see what's wrong with people having "moral small-claims" discussions.
I'm surprised a lover-of-discusson such as yourself doesn't agree to that.

I take your point, but a lot of such discussions are the very ones that often deteriorate into forum squabbling when readers abstract the issues from the specific narrative context and impose their personal real-life priorities and values onto them.

One of the more benign forms is when it becomes excoriating imaginary people for not making better choices, when the whole point is that the characters learn to make those better choices by suffering the consequences of their not-so-great ones. (Or in the alternative, readers chastising authors, whose fundamental business is creating and resolving fictional conflict, for introducing conflict into their stories.)

To return to the story at hand, I think the brilliant thing about this arc is that the apologies (the "penalty" paid for the claims that readers seem to be so concerned about) are just a false resolution--both Nanoha and Chidori are well aware that what they really need to do is to talk honestly with one another.

last edited at Dec 22, 2019 12:25AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

It'll be a long wait until sping

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Yeah, who has to apologize for what really isn't the point. The point is that both of them decided they wanted to make up, and they were willing to do whatever was necessary to accomplish that. If you go through relationships in life with the attitude that the aggrieved party should never apologize, you're setting yourself up for a long-running battle for the moral high ground which will end either with both of you miserable and resentful, or a break-up.

joined May 24, 2019

One wonders where the custom of simply enjoying a good story went... :(((((

To reply you must either login or sign up.