Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

joined Dec 14, 2019

no one:
gays when they hear the m word: m-marriage?

Zab58mp
joined Feb 10, 2019

I love this manga so much. Hmm? Oh, that's all i wanted to say~ ^^
Hope it get an english physical release one day~

I don't post often on Internet but I'm also interested in an English physical release, and while browsing the website of Seven Seas Entertainment ( a publisher that ... published Bloom Into You; Kase-san;GirlFriends and others yuri manga in English ) and they have a poll on the upper right of their website where they ask for suggestion. Maybe if we are enough to ask for Hana Ni Arashi maybe they will publish it? They seem to listen to their community.

( Obligatory sorry for any mistakes, I'm from baguette land )

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I don't post often on Internet but I'm also interested in an English physical release, and while browsing the website of Seven Seas Entertainment ( a publisher that ... published Bloom Into You; Kase-san;GirlFriends and others yuri manga in English ) and they have a poll on the upper right of their website where they ask for suggestion. Maybe if we are enough to ask for Hana Ni Arashi maybe they will publish it? They seem to listen to their community.

Link?

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Link?

Seems to be this.

Zab58mp
joined Feb 10, 2019

Link?

Seems to be this.

Yes ^^
Thanks for posting it !
( I didn't know if I had the right to post links so I didn't include it , sorry )

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 3:15PM

Cb182e17-7bdc-4652-835e-c4a70727bb93
joined Dec 25, 2019

I wonder if this was made into an anime would it be a short episode or a good solid 24 minutes episode every week? Either way it would serve as a cute wholesome show filled with comedy and romance, god I wish this would become a reality and it turns into an adaptation.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

I wonder if this was made into an anime would it be a short episode or a good solid 24 minutes episode every week? Either way it would serve as a cute wholesome show filled with comedy and romance, god I wish this would become a reality and it turns into an adaptation.

24 jam-packed minutes for 24+ episodes!
I cannot believe it hasn't been 'green-lit' already, actually. Every aspect of it is top-rank in my opinion.

I came to say that this story arc is really a 'world beater' and managed to churn out so much plot and character development so cleanly and without too many 'short-cuts' it's amazing.

And for anyone who doubts the other 3 'know'? lolz they know! And I dare-say they approve, eh? :->

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

OVA of the last few chapters set to “one week” by the bare naked ladies

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And for anyone who doubts the other 3 'know'? lolz they know! And I dare-say they approve, eh? :->

Eh, it’s always theoretically possible, but l’ll need to see a lot more evidence than we have so far. The dynamic in this arc is completely consistent with groups of friends where one, or more than one, pair is extremely close—if two besties are suddenly on the outs it throws the whole group off.

These girls still strike me as utterly unable to stifle their squees if they knew the truth. Maybe Rei-chin, who seems a little more mature and laid-back, but really I just don’t see it.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Eh, it’s always theoretically possible, but l’ll need to see a lot more evidence than we have so far. The dynamic in this arc is completely consistent with groups of friends where one, or more than one, pair is extremely close—if two besties are suddenly on the outs it throws the whole group off.

These girls still strike me as utterly unable to stifle their squees if they knew the truth. Maybe Rei-chin, who seems a little more mature and laid-back, but really I just don’t see it.

I'm still calling that the other 3 will have discussed it without them at some point, a while ago, and had a few discussions, and have varying ideas of it. They're gonna tell their friends they're dating and one of the friends is gonna be like "HAH! I knew it!" and it'll be revealed they've been discussing the possibility for a while.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Allow me to quote what I said a week ago (strange... I could've sworn it was much more than a week ago, had I not looked at the date of the post, but whatever):

theres absolutely no way their friends don't know the two of them are dating.

This page told me they aren't aware of it because they were , they wouldn't ask to herself what the deal. But here, it's something that can raise suspicions,

I'm of the opinion that the friends suspect Chidori and Nanoha might be into each other, but don't know for sure. Ahh, if I'm correct, they're sourly underestimating the situation. laughs

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hana_ni_arashi_volume_2_extras#2 They've already said that they're fine with it. Plus there another yuri couple, even if you don't talk about them at all, with Abe and Yoshida and the first reaction the girls have when they learn about it was to tease them but not in a bad manner.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh I forgot about that extra section - it's very cute, kiiiinda gay I gotta say. "Oh I wish I had a boyfriend I could hold hands with after school" > immediately holding hands with her friends. That'd be the real twist ending their other 3 friends all get together.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh I forgot about that extra section - it's very cute, kiiiinda gay I gotta say. "Oh I wish I had a boyfriend I could hold hands with after school" > immediately holding hands with her friends. That'd be the real twist ending their other 3 friends all get together.

Welp

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm still calling that the other 3 will have discussed it without them at some point, a while ago, and had a few discussions, and have varying ideas of it. They're gonna tell their friends they're dating and one of the friends is gonna be like "HAH! I knew it!" and it'll be revealed they've been discussing the possibility for a while.

That's certainly one plausible possibility.

As has escaped the notice of exactly zero of its readers, the central premise of this series is "Nanoha and Chidori are dating, but it's a secret." There's almost no chance at all that this particular author would ever go for a "Hey, you know what? Everyone knew all along!" gambit for the premise-changing reveal.

Judging by the handling of the Igarashi arc, my sense is that at an absolute minimum we would have gotten some clear hints in the form of raised eyebrows, quizzical glances, etc. as clues that the girls know what's going on with the Duo of Adorableness.

Somebody in the group suspects and is keeping quiet about it--certainly. But everyone? I really think not.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Welp

My dreams, dashed already. Oh well, I'd forgot.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Somebody in the group suspects and is keeping quiet about it--certainly. But everyone? I really think not.

I'm going with, "Somebody in the group suspects and keeps trying to convince the others who are like 'I mean I bet they like eachother but no way they're together'"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm going with, "Somebody in the group suspects and keeps trying to convince the others who are like 'I mean I bet they like eachother but no way they're together'"

This is where genre expectations and cultural expectations get pretty tangled--in yuri manga we can go from "everyone is a lesbian" tropes to "no one is really a lesbian" traditional mores crossed with "acting like a lesbian is a common developmental phase" girls-school notions, so who knows who is likely to think what?

Here we get "let's go tease Abe and Yoshida" along with Igarashi's "But you're both girls, wtf?" to Mai's, "Nan-chan kissed a girl so I have a chance."

All I know for sure is that Mai has no chance.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That little extra may actually explain why they haven't quite realized the truth about Nanoha and Chidori even after what seemed to be rather obvious hints in the latest chapters. Their own handholding and essentially planning a date-like outing in lieu of having boyfriends - and this just as good friends, entirely without falling into the usual girls school tropes - makes our couple's behavior seem less out of the ordinary than you'd normally think.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Correction: It makes what they've seen of our couple's behaviour seem less out of the ordinary than you'd normally think.

last edited at Dec 28, 2019 5:44PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Well, yes, obviously. If they'd seen it all, there would hardly be any way to misunderstand.

joined Oct 22, 2018

This!

joined Oct 22, 2018

quietly mumbles under his breath: There has been no new chapters uploaded here in almost 2 months... I almost forgot this existed... I think at least a new page is long overdue...

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

quietly mumbles under his breath: There has been no new chapters uploaded here in almost 2 months... I almost forgot this existed... I think at least a new page is long overdue...

We are waiting for the volume release because the website raws are super low quality and shoddily upscaled, so they're blurry as all hell. The wait is a bummer, but I think the raw quality would actively take away from the experience. Unfortunately we're probably looking at another 1.5 to 2.5 months before the volume is out.

joined Oct 22, 2018

We are waiting for the volume release because the website raws are super low quality and shoddily upscaled, so they're blurry as all hell. The wait is a bummer, but I think the raw quality would actively take away from the experience. Unfortunately we're probably looking at another 1.5 to 2.5 months before the volume is out.

sigh Well at least the long wait is eventually gonna be very much worth it...
I should re-read it at least once in the meantime...

To reply you must either login or sign up.