Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

joined Apr 15, 2013

This has reached Citrus levels of dumb non-communication and I want to grab these kids by the shoulders and shake them while screaming "Talk to her damn you!". Hopefully we get some resolution next month.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

This is like a romance with the language tweaked just enough that they have plausible deniability. Itd be one thing if this was produced 20 years ago...but why do they need to dance around the "LOVE" word now?

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Good parenting in manga is somewhat rare and refreshing to see. Although Koyuki's dad confiscating her phone after she apparently checked it once in her entire school career seems a little too strict, I can't imagine how many times I would've got in trouble if it was a thing at my high school.

^^ Come on, nothing compares to Citrus, especially since Yuzu was meant to be very extroverted and yet there were still times she'd bottle up due to Mei giving her mixed signals, plus all the times where other characters just happened to make things more difficult for them.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 9:19PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

This is like a romance with the language tweaked just enough that they have plausible deniability. Itd be one thing if this was produced 20 years ago...but why do they need to dance around the "LOVE" word now?

Isn't this the one where the author said they didn't consider it romance or something? So like, that's why, because the author is a bit of a coward.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This has reached Citrus levels of dumb non-communication and I want to grab these kids by the shoulders and shake them while screaming "Talk to her damn you!". Hopefully we get some resolution next month.

Sorry—at least these two aren’t failing to communicate while sleeping in the same freaking bed.

That’s some world-class dumbshittery right there.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sounds like Koyuki will finally confess her friendship next chapter.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sounds like Koyuki will finally confess her friendship next chapter.

At least she’s ‘fessed up to her friendship virginity in this chapter.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Sorry—at least these two aren’t failing to communicate while sleeping in the same freaking bed.

Yet.

Lumity%20kiss%203%20low%20byte
joined Aug 9, 2019

Isn't this the one where the author said they didn't consider it romance or something? So like, that's why, because the author is a bit of a coward.

I can't remember the exact quote, but I'm pretty sure it was something like she didn't consider it GL at the time (of the interview) and was just gonna let the story flow how she thinks it naturally would.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Omg for the first 10 pages my absolute true feelings were FUCK THIS SHIIIIITTTTT because come on it was dragging this too far, but there's hope, why ? because Koyuki is a wonderful person with wonderful parents and she's the best and she's gonna confess how much she adores her not a lizard and we're all going to be happy.......................right? I mean, damn I hope! I'm serious, my heart can't deal with this drama anymore... enough please, just make up.

Chris2aDegree posted:

I can't remember the exact quote, but I'm pretty sure it was something like she didn't consider it GL at the time (of the interview) and was just gonna let the story flow how she thinks it naturally would.

And then someone overreacted here as if she did the Amanchu move and then the mood was ruined for months... Because they couldn't enjoy the story progressing naturally.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 9:44PM

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

She was asked if she considers this story to be yuri and she replied she doesn't because she doesn't want to give it an established label that would color people's interpretation, more or less. 'Let the story speak for itself'.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 9:53PM

I really wanna believe this could have a non no homo ahaha we only feel warmly towards eachother as bestfriends ending, especially with that second to last page, the mom comparing the relationships, ect. But it most likely won't, guess my gayass heart is going down with this ship.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

This isn't even the first time Koyuki's situation is compared to an explicitly romantic one, back at the summer festival when Fuyuki didn't know how to answer to a girl from his class who asked him what he thought of her, Koyuki empathized because she was mulling over Konatsu's question about why Koyuki approached her on her first day at school.

joined Jul 26, 2019

At least as I thought it needed that clash for koyuki to wake up...
Contrary to some it was obvious that the person who was behaving selfishly lately was koyuki.
Konatsu did everything to help her, to get her out of her loneliness and normal that she takes it badly afterwards, finally all her efforts turn against her with koyuki who goes out with friends, kaede behind her back, doesn't ask to go out anymore and especially doesn't notice that konatsu isn't doing well and doesn't reassure her...
Moreover koyuki explains it well at the end that she made no effort to know how konatsu felt just taking advantage of what she gave him.
Nice evolution of the mother too who gave an excellent advice to her daughter.
Now be careful, nothing is won, we'll have to see if konatsu hasn't closed herself too much and reject koyuki but there's little chance, the two of them will FINALLY be able to say what they feel for each other.
Anyway, their relationship is still much more advanced than a classic friendship, I can't wait to see where it will lead us later.
Finally do not forget the kid who will enter the club, it seems to me that we see him stealthily several times in the manga in the background ...

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"Now it's my turn." Truly the roles of frog and salamander have now switched!

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

And I really enjoy this well written slow burn drama. And wow understanding and supporting parents in manga are so rare, normally they almost inexistent.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 10:10PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Cant wait for their friendship to go back to normal again!

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Finally do not forget the kid who will enter the club, it seems to me that we see him stealthily several times in the manga in the background ...

He's a first year so he only started appearing a couple chapters ago when they moved up a year. If he's going to be an actual character, I think he will factor in once Koyuki has to leave club activities behind to focus on her exams and later if the manga will still go on once Koyuki graduates, to show Konatsu's third year. I really doubt he'll be anything more than background fluff though, so far the story has worked with just the two main characters plus Kaede, who is still going to be around once Koyuki graduates.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 10:17PM

joined Aug 11, 2014

Oof. The fact that her mother was easily able to suggest inviting over Kaede, but wasn''t even sure who Konatsu was? I felt that one. If Konatsu heard that, she'd probably scream. What an intense and turbulent friend triangle.

joined Sep 23, 2019

I legit think I hate this manga. Like no, really. I think I do, its normalizing conflicting and confusing feelings that are obviously love as just female friendship. Its so obvious the author tried to "placate" "Yuri" fans by queer baiting and then at the end of this manga's run, evidently by its off the cuff writing style, they are just going to write it all off as just friendly love and a small disagreement.... Im sorry but WTF is this shit. This is why im so frustrated with Yuri and manga in general right now. All it is is school girls and S type bull shit written for men...... man im so mad I wasted my time with another S class manga.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gale posted:

Oof. The fact that her mother was easily able to suggest inviting over Kaede, but wasn''t even sure who Konatsu was? I felt that one. If Konatsu heard that, she'd probably scream. What an intense and turbulent friend triangle.

Luckily she managed to pull it off at the end, I mean, helping her daughter... but yeah that hurt lo/

joined Jul 26, 2019

He's a first year so he only started appearing a couple chapters ago when they moved up a year. If he's going to be an actual character, I think he will factor in once Koyuki has to leave club activities behind to focus on her exams and later if the manga will still go on once Koyuki graduates, to show Konatsu's third year. I really doubt he'll be anything more than background fluff though, so far the story has worked with just the two main characters plus Kaede, who is still going to be around once Koyuki graduates.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch19#21 it looks like he is there and it seems to me in another older chapter and that he was not necessarily in school. But amazing this manga hides a lot of little things or fills with details.

Yes it is true that we are not used to seeing new characters apart kaede, and even fuyuki, the father and mother of koyuki.
I think her can open up new perspectives, necessarily given that koyuki will almost no longer be in the club (she will come to visit anyway). I do not think that the author will move quickly until the end of the school year, we will surely see other evolutions, new sensations of heroines.Normally after that they will get closer and talk to each other much more easily.
Why not for the first time a feeling of jealousy of koyuki seeing the young boy become close to konatsu, would be a feeling that she never felt contrary to konatsu.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Gale posted:

Luckily she managed to pull it off at the end, I mean, helping her daughter... but yeah that hurt lo/

At the same time koyuki quickly cut short kaede. After koyuki's explanations his mother even understood that konatsu had done things that even she (his mother) couldn't do. Her mom definitely understood (and the dad secretly listening to her ^^) that konatsu is the most important friend for koyuki...
After the author is very strong to support some details, this dialogue is not innocent, it shows that koyuki didn't even make the effort to invite her best friend home unlike kaede, a sign that she missed a lot of things as a close friend like not telling konatsu that their meeting was special, to forget to send the sms when she's in tokyo, to forget to insist when she's surprised with kaede that konatsu comes to eat a cake with them, not to tell her but kaede these university choices, in short a lot of details that show the "mistakes" that koyuki hadn't even noticed.
Except in this chapter where we see her more upset than ever and understand at the end that she made a mistake.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Yuri ending or I-

joined May 7, 2017

Flowerchild writes a friendship story with making out while Makoto-sensei writes a friendship story about mustering up that courage to confess. Someone needs to take some notes I believe.
Don't get me wrong, I love this story, but this little drama was absolutely unbecoming and unnecessary.

To reply you must either login or sign up.