Forum › Posts by Sabrina1988

Sabrina1988
joined Sep 23, 2019

Okkkk I finally figured out what is happening here.

Ichika was gay, she did something and her mother got rid of her to start a new family, leaving here in an “inaka” town. The mermaid is kinda this freedom monster (no other word for it). Ichika is legitimately suicidal, the mermaid comes and saves her by helping her come out.
She develops a relationship with the mermaid.

Satsuki is interested in going out to the real world, the neighboring town. You can tell that Ichika is not really into leaving the town but Satsuki really wants to go. Chitose boards the bus and tells satsuki not to leave, and Ichika of course agrees letting Satsuki know it’s best where they are. This is because bigots exist outside the city.

Now we come to Haruna. She seems to come from a town very close to chitose’s town. The people there call her a new name and that saying it is dangerous to just ignore it. But back in chitose’s town Ichika and Satsuki actually interact with her.

Haruna is spiraling because her community is imposing rules and such, it causes Haruna to slowly turn into a monster because she’s basically suffocating. Chitose could have taken her to her bubble town but because society had a strangle on her, she became a closeted self loathing, thing.

So yes Chitose is terrifying but also she’s helping some of the girls. It’s mentioned that some are in-between mermaid and human and Id need to read more to understand what that means but I think this is basically the jist of the manga.

Sabrina1988
joined Sep 23, 2019

So I’m, im guessing all the girls and people in the town are suicides. The first chapter seems to allude to that. The mermaid takes them in and they live in a bubble world. That’s why it’s a problem to leave and go else where as in chapter 2.

I noticed in chapter 3 after haruna’s transformation there are ruins. I’m wondering what that all means but I’m guessing some people in this bubble world can be further sway’d into becoming monsters. As for the lesbian context, hmmm I’m not really sure it’s there at all, maybe Haruna not being normal, still not seeing it.

Sabrina1988
joined Sep 23, 2019
Deerwhisky-1658464007907606530-img1

100% they are not getting a happy ending. This show is serious just saying “look at what the cycle of hate creates” the 2 sisters from Dawn deserved the most salvation and one died fighting the “groom/hero” this show is a horror story.

Sabrina1988
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Jan 16:00
joined Sep 23, 2019

So theoretically 2 could make it work or make it even more dangerous. Big baddie seems to not know either with her saying “what do you think might happen,” maybe she doesn’t even know. She’s already killed a vampire with the sword and like made out with aria so many times, who knows, maybe she’s half immune lol I dunno.

Anywho I kinda think she’s gonna be turned, like there’s no current way to avoid it unless aria just sacrifices herself.

Sabrina1988
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Jan 15:15
joined Sep 23, 2019

Correct me if im wrong but isn’t it like a 60% chance at becoming a ghost? So despite blood of 2 vampires there’s still a chance she just turns into a regular vampire? Or am I wrong?

joined Sep 23, 2019

I think they forgot to say "Let's stop being friends, and let's start dating"

Also... were they crying?

They are. And if the online releases are as vague as I think they are, I think things are awkward between them now.

I dunno the latest chapter seems positive but this manga confuses me so much. I dunno if it’s the art or the quick conversations.

joined Sep 23, 2019

kyaaaaa, or more like, buuurp, there they go, not friends anymore xD have to be honest, the first time I listened to "Nothing anymore" by Age Factory referenced on p3, I was like, ffffuuu, no way is this gonna end good... but after all the liquid courage, Ibuki delivered such a powerful confession! She left Botan no, hic, chance, hahahaha.
Also, totally didn't expect this to be released today - huge thanks to the translators, I think they really did well. Now I can have a good sleep.

I really hope they are going out. I dunno if peeps are keeping up with the online releases it’s hard to tell. Maybe my Japanese is just trash though.

why they stop being friends? :(

wait wait.. are you saying we should be worried?

Unfortunately yea.

Not sure how to block things out for spoilers. Just things seem off in the following chapters that’s all I’ll say.

HEY also has this weird art style where everyone’s faces aren’t very emotive. The main character modeled after Ali from encouragement of the climb is his favorite so he puts more effort into her. She has much broader expressions so it’s kinda difficult to tell if they are dating or if things are awkward now.

joined Sep 23, 2019

I really hope they are going out. I dunno if peeps are keeping up with the online releases it’s hard to tell. Maybe my Japanese is just trash though.

joined Sep 23, 2019

I'll see you in 2 chapters when we get this one continued.

I think its just a 1 chapter cliff hanger, so the next one and then it moves scenes.

joined Sep 23, 2019

Ive been keeping up with this manga for about 2 years now and sometimes really struggle with the reading since my japanese isnt very good. this chapter and the next one have kinda broke me a little bit. Like in this chapter some stuff happens and the last lines, i do not understand them at all. Like the context to help with the translation is not there. I mean if we go with this last chapter and then read the one im sure will be posted here soon, then it kinda makese sense. I think im reading something that means something different cause of subtlety. Ughh.

joined Sep 23, 2019

Confession??

hmmmmmm kinda

joined Sep 23, 2019

No chapter this week, seems like Agu wants us to teeter on the cliffhanger for a bit longer.

I actually sincerely dont think its a cliff hanger, and i dunno if it was already discussed on here but they mention being in hiding, i dont really understand what that means, like maybe just hiding on twitter. But the whole post today about hoping to finish the comic and saying thanks for watching ofer the characters makes it sound like something behind the scenes is going wrong.
Like posting a 5 years from now drawing before a comment like that seems kinda foreboding, am i the only one worried.

joined Sep 23, 2019

We get nothing we don’t even get a wedding the ending feels rushed and it leaves the reader feeling emotionally manipulated. I enjoyed these books until the last chapter which just felt completely alien to the rest of the story.

Your preknowledge of the contents of volumes 11 and 12 is amazing.

11 and 12 aren’t out. And the ending suggests we get Shima and Adachi in an alternative reality in a wasteland… fun.. the alien told shima before she dies that you can’t meet Adachi again cause she’s dead basically saying well there’s no after life you just die here and there is another Adachi and Shima somewhere else looking for each other. So either all of that’s a bad dream and she wakes up from 2 nightmares and it’s just a cold sweat and Adachis in bed next to her, or we just get 2 completely different characters on another world.. great so we get the adashima story we already read… in a wasteland? I dunno man. At that point just write a new story cause it’s not the same characters.

joined Sep 23, 2019

Basically paints Shima as this neglecting girlfriend her whole life.

So what you're saying is that Shima is a neglecting girlfriend because she failed to die at the same time as Adachi? You must have truly hated this story, then...

Wait so someone ismad because they will eventually end up dying of old age ? Like normal humans ? Being gay doesn't give you immortality you know. Is it strange to write about the future where your characters are old or dead ? Yes but if you think about it, it's just the natural order.

No I’m mad because the book weighs 10 separate books building up to something that it never gives the reader, we never get a wedding we never get a kiss and we never get any chapters related to their life as adults except one visit to San Francisco and a failed attempt at one of the characters trying very hard to have a lovey-dovey chance in a hot spring as adults With barely a hint that anything takes place which is weird their relationship feels more platonic and one-sided all the way till the end. I get it people die but in this case the reader just gets emotionally manipulated. I read this all the way to the end hoping for some good closure some thing that showed that they were truly in a relationship like I’m a lesbian and I’m trying to figure out what the fuck happened here

joined Sep 23, 2019

Basically paints Shima as this neglecting girlfriend her whole life.

So what you're saying is that Shima is a neglecting girlfriend because she failed to die at the same time as Adachi? You must have truly hated this story, then...

You totally missed the point, we never really get any relationship development in fact in the point when they are growing up and living together Shima only ever slightly smiles. For 10 books it feels like Shima is just in a daydream and Adachi Is in a one-sided relationship and then after all the buildup at the hot spring we get vignettes of them living together at sped up ages with one left alive suffering, we get an incomplete story and a girlfriend regretting not being a good enough girlfriend etc.

For 10 bucks we don’t even get a kiss we get a sentence that implies that they’ve kissed before maybe only once and still Shima acting like she’s only half conscious. We get nothing we don’t even get a wedding the ending feels rushed and it leaves the reader feeling emotionally manipulated. I enjoyed these books until the last chapter which just felt completely alien to the rest of the story.

joined Sep 23, 2019

The ending of this completely killed all the love I had for this story. What a complete betrayal by the author. We get nothing but angst for 80% of this crap and then a few glimpses of happiness with no kisses no mutual love, nothing and then the end…. Bro f this messed up story.

Are you sure you clicked on the correct thread?

Yes, have you finished it. What happens to Shimamura at the end. It’s twisted.

Are you high? And the series isn't even over yet. As you would know if you had actually read it to the current "end" since the author specifically mentions in the afterword that he has currently plans for 12 volumes.

Yes she’s going to do 2 more about either the new Adachi and Shima in the waste land or more vignettes into their lives as adults. Either way the stupid alien said there’s no coming back from death and she won’t see her again. So we either get the vignettes knowing the true ending or we get 2 different girls in a parallel universe in a waste land.

Either way, sucks

I know it's been a while i read this but i don't remember that moment where one of them die.

Last chapter before the redo, Shima is alone in her flat cause all her family is dead including Adachi. She’s 70 and that stupid alien is there telling her some universe crap about parallels and you find out Shima is gonna pass soon too. That poof that’s it. The alien girl is like well you can’t see a dead person again.

Anime special novel 4. It messes it all up. Basically paints Shima as this neglecting girlfriend her whole life.

joined Sep 23, 2019

The ending of this completely killed all the love I had for this story. What a complete betrayal by the author. We get nothing but angst for 80% of this crap and then a few glimpses of happiness with no kisses no mutual love, nothing and then the end…. Bro f this messed up story.

Are you high? And the series isn't even over yet. As you would know if you had actually read it to the current "end" since the author specifically mentions in the afterword that he has currently plans for 12 volumes.

Yes she’s going to do 2 more about either the new Adachi and Shima in the waste land or more vignettes into their lives as adults. Either way the stupid alien said there’s no coming back from death and she won’t see her again. So we either get the vignettes knowing the true ending or we get 2 different girls in a parallel universe in a waste land.

Either way, sucks

joined Sep 23, 2019

joined Sep 23, 2019

joined Sep 23, 2019

I legit think I hate this manga. Like no, really. I think I do, its normalizing conflicting and confusing feelings that are obviously love as just female friendship. Its so obvious the author tried to "placate" "Yuri" fans by queer baiting and then at the end of this manga's run, evidently by its off the cuff writing style, they are just going to write it all off as just friendly love and a small disagreement.... Im sorry but WTF is this shit. This is why im so frustrated with Yuri and manga in general right now. All it is is school girls and S type bull shit written for men...... man im so mad I wasted my time with another S class manga.

Sabrina1988
Lily Marble discussion 23 Sep 21:38
joined Sep 23, 2019

So is Tsubasa transgender. That’s what I’m getting from this? They want to be called Tsubasa outside but her brother isn’t allowed to use that name inside.