Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I remember that senpai wanted something like this to happen too back when she came with the news about the graduation and she also called Konatsu a stupid when there wasn't a reaction (but she didn't say it to her face lol).... And now here it is, but it's more intense than she thought.

I really thought they would talk things out, I mean, considering she's perfectly aware of her loneliness, selfishness and her((((not lizard)))) for senpai... And still, her sadness made her run away... Run to where? what are you gonna do now? and does senpai even realizes what's going on? or are we going to have sad faces internal monologues without talking about it for the next chapter too? T-T

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 10:44AM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Confess to her already

joined Feb 23, 2016

I think it had Yuri before it became Subtext... so this should just become yuri already you know. Mall those moments they had, and them close ups..

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Imagine the breakdown in this thread if the manga goes the Stretch route.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

I think the frustration is because Koyuki clearly has, or used to have, a massive crush on Konatsu.

And I think this is probably one of the biggest misunderstandings anyone has about this series. It's about loneliness, finding friends, and the massive anxiety of actually finding someone who wants to be your close friend but you don't really know for sure because it's a dumb question to ask and the possibility of being ridiculed in response is too terrifying and anyway people don't ask that sort of thing, right? You're supposed to ~know~.

I must admit I'm starting to get suspicious of Konatsu's almost morbid attachment to Koyuki. Last chapter she stated their connection was formed out of shared loneliness, but now she's arguing that even if she was to be surrounded by other people and not feel lonely, it would still amount to nothing without Koyuki there. Kinda getting harder to see it as mere friendship, so I want to see where the author takes things.

When making friends is hard, one real friend is worth a lot and you get attached. There's no guarantee that you'll find more friends after that, so instead you invest a lot into your actual friend.

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 11:44AM

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Readers: This is gay
Mangaka: Nope
Readers: HOW COME IT ISNT??!
Mangaka:I had a friendship like this at that age and we were definitely not gay
Readers: ... Mangaka san. Let us talk about flowers and bees.

or she's totally trolling us.
If this ends up gay I am buying it in physical.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

When making friends is hard, one real friend is worth a lot and you get attached. There's no guarantee that you'll find more friends after that, so instead you invest a lot into your actual friend.

But I never got the impression that Konatsu had nearly as much trouble making friends and being social in general as Koyuki did. She pretty much made friends with Kaede at the same time she did with Koyuki right after entering the new school. She herself acknowledges in her imagination this chapter that even without her, she can see herself surrounded by other people. The way I see it, for Konatsu it absolutely has to be Koyuki because she built this image in her mind of the two of them being the only ones able to understand each other due to their loneliness, even though it might or might not be the case.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ @BeanBeanKingdom
Putting your point another way, at first Konatsu was lonely and recognized a similar loneliness in Koyuki. Since then they both (to a certain extent, with each others' help) have expanded their social connections (I'm not sure that the friendship with Kaede, force of friendliness nature, is actually much of a measure of Konatsu's sociability--she really wasn't given much choice).

But there's something special about their relationship that neither one can quite bring to the forefront of their consciousness and articulate yet (even though the vast majority of sentient beings in the prefecture are completely aware of it): they gay for each other.

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 12:15PM

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Oh, I woulda sworn the mangaka was a man for this one. That was only judging by their self-insert in the omakes tho.

Anyway, it's getting pretty gay again after like a 2-volume hiatus. Let's keep this homo-mentum going

She's a girl, you can see and hear her at the start of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmdliC3n_Y She tries to keep her face covered with a sticker on the video, but she accidentally slips out of the area it covers a couple times, heh.

Also, homo-mentum is an amazing word and I'll start using it myself from now on.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I never really thought about that aspect, but I did end up feeling the same way recently when I found out Adachi and Shimamura is written by a guy. Then again, someone being able to write the opposite gender well (including same-sex sexuality) is something I find very commendable, it's a sign you're able to branch out of your natural comfort zone.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Konatsu pretty explicitly said in this chapter, being surrounded by other people is meaningless if Koyuki isn't here and the thing she's the most afraid of is them separating for good and losing their relationship. Konatsu is getting depressed and her heart hurts just from thinking that she won't be someone special to Koyuki anymore and they'll have to eventually part ways. I guess author can still troll us with friendship ending, but I read it as a pretty blatant confirmation Konatsu's feelings are far from platonic.

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 12:53PM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Maybe that's just sexist of me tho.

Yes.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Oh, I woulda sworn the mangaka was a man for this one. That was only judging by their self-insert in the omakes tho.

Anyway, it's getting pretty gay again after like a 2-volume hiatus. Let's keep this homo-mentum going

She's a girl, you can see and hear her at the start of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmdliC3n_Y She tries to keep her face covered with a sticker on the video, but she accidentally slips out of the area it covers a couple times, heh.

Also, homo-mentum is an amazing word and I'll start using it myself from now on.

Oml, she seems super nice, thank you for sharing.

Oh, and she can straight-up be fully seen at the end of the video. Serves me right for not sticking around for the credits the first time I watched it.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

She is a very brave mangaka! Most people hide their face nowadays! maybe she was thinking of her non japanese followers!

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 1:46PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

She is, she had a few other videos with halfway-done English subs and she also tries to reply in English on twitter when she gets English tweets. Well, she google translates her way through, but it's the thought that counts.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

They're so obviously gay for each other and neither you all in the comments or the mangaka herself is going to convince me otherwise. The yuri goggles are on and they ain't coming off.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

as a lesbian I absolutely agree that I prefer the yuri I read to be written by women. there are straight men who can write good yuri (in fact my absolute favorite lesbian romance story was written by two men) but it's also a fact that a lot of men who write/draw yuri do so for a male target audience, and there's that other subgroup of men who write/read stories about lesbians for fetishistic reasons...
It just feels better to me to read yuri written by girls, for girls, or even better, by lesbians, for lesbians.

(and inversely, all these same situations can occur when straight women write/read yaoi, of course.)

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

oh geez, the cliffhanger, can't these go back to being friends even though Konatsu-chan is currently friends with Kaede-sama? Are friendship threesomes a thing? WE SHALL SEE ... THE PLOT THICKENS

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Yes.

Well defend your opinion, comrade! Convert me from my sexist ways!

Why, exactly, shouldn't I be inherently wary of lesbian romance / sexuality that is written by someone, who not only can have had no real-life experience with the matter, but who also might have cause to portray it in a shallow and unrealistic light for their own gratification?

I'd never mean to imply that ALL men write lesbians like this, only that many do and that I believe I have a fair cause to be on guard.

It is fiction for starters. There are good and bad authors and it doesn't have anything to do with their sex. I think you don't even comprehend how stupid it is to ask an author to have experience about what they are about to write/create. We wouldn't have superhero, sci-fi, pirate, medieval or any other media around.

Unless that superpower is bigotry. Then by your own theory you could make a superhero flick.

For the sake of argumentation please point out those portrayals and I will answer with ten times that amount done by women.

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 3:27PM

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Yes.

Well defend your opinion, comrade! Convert me from my sexist ways!

Why, exactly, shouldn't I be inherently wary of lesbian romance / sexuality that is written by someone, who not only can have had no real-life experience with the matter, but who also might have cause to portray it in a shallow and unrealistic light for their own gratification?

holy shit, what a bigoted argument lmao

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 3:51PM

joined May 29, 2019

gay

joined Jul 26, 2019

On the contrary, I see with this end of chapter a great possible progress, its stagnating too much between the two the clash will necessarily have an electroshock and I hope that at the next chapter something concrete will be discussed between them.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Electroshocks are lethal to creatures who dwell in water, I'm worried now.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Or she turns her back on the club and leaves koyuki in embarrassment with her father and we start again on a distant and dramatic conflict....Anyway koyuki took a kind of slap, how she will react she who thought she would leave her girlfriend in the best mood and continue her journey with peace of mind.Miss it!

joined Jun 12, 2019

as a lesbian I absolutely agree that I prefer the yuri I read to be written by women. there are straight men who can write good yuri (in fact my absolute favorite lesbian romance story was written by two men) but it's also a fact that a lot of men who write/draw yuri do so for a male target audience, and there's that other subgroup of men who write/read stories about lesbians for fetishistic reasons...
It just feels better to me to read yuri written by girls, for girls, or even better, by lesbians, for lesbians.

(and inversely, all these same situations can occur when straight women write/read yaoi, of course.)

Which are your two favorite yuri romance story that u mentioned?

To reply you must either login or sign up.