Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

There were no promises that this will be a story in yuri genre and how is this s-class when they are not even dating each other nor having feeling of a romantic love. Friendship can be intimate too and stories about it do exist. Friendship is a relationship with another person and it has similar conflicts like other relationships. It a shame to see this conversation over and over and this extent of labeling things right and left are oversaturates and erases real queerbait. I can understand bitterness over lack of good yuri-stories, but why do this.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

There were no promises that this will be a story in yuri genre and how is this s-class when they are not even dating each other nor having feeling of a romantic love. Friendship can be intimate too and stories about it do exist. Friendship is a relationship with another person and it has similar conflicts like other relationships. It a shame to see this conversation over and over and this extent of labeling things right and left are oversaturates and erases real queerbait. I can understand bitterness over lack of good yuri-stories, but why do this.

Exactly. It really does sicken me when I see the sort of hateful, narrow minded bigotry towards "het" on here that I would expect from a 19th century white plantation owner seeing a black man kissing his daughter.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Exactly. It really does sicken me when I see the sort of hateful, narrow minded bigotry towards "het" on here that I would expect from a 19th century white plantation owner seeing a black man kissing his daughter.

Yeah the heterophobia here is so evil and real! except their comment had nothing to do with that, no one mentioned heterosexual romance at all, and heterophobia doesn't exist. Calling heterophobia as real as 18th century racism, which killed hundreds of thousands of people, subjugated millions, caused a war, and so on, is so fucking shortsighted and assholic that I am left almost speechless. This feels like a blatant troll, and I'm honestly stunned that someone saying shit like this would have made over 500 comments without getting banned somehow.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Calling heterophobia as real as 18th century racism, which killed hundreds of thousands of people, subjugated millions, caused a war, and so on, is so fucking shortsighted and assholic that I am left almost speechless

Cut the strawman shit out and chill lol

joined Apr 18, 2018

To be honest, I haven't been following this manga properly ever since that arc where they went on a school trip or something, I can barely remember, and yeah, checking some bits here and there only makes me realized that there is barely much progression between both Koyuki and Konatsu, which is weird because I thought that these two were close earlier, but somewhat falls apart so easily later??? Yeah, I knew it's probably gotta have something to do with that jealousy stuff but I kept thinking, are these two really that fragile? Well, Koyuki anyway seems like so, which is understandable somewhat but get a grip, girl. It's probably realistic to have someone like her loitering around, heck, there are probably worse people out there that's such a drama queen but she's she and I really want her to make it easy for herself. Take some time to talk with Konatsu and let's carry the plot further to the point where they'd kiss and make up. Yeah, that's cool, right?

TLDR: Let's cut the drama and see something that is progressive going on.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Don’t get me wrong, I repeat myself: I’ll be happy either way till it be this well written and have compelling ending. Maybe more happy when it goes yuri route, lol. And It's understandable that someone is disappointed that this is not yuri, just story about friendship. But it is not queerbaiting and class-s, come on.

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

I loved this manga at first, then started to hate it when the drama tag appeared, then started to like it a bit...
It's technically a "telenovela" at this point and I don't know how to feel about it anymore.
I still hope for a romance and the author saying "I didn't called it a yuri manga because it would have been an spoiler" but I'll be content with just a happy ending without any kind of romance.

joined Dec 30, 2019

Bigotry towards het? lmaooooooooo. Do you have brain damage? Hets aren't being oppressed and never will be and to compare it with racism is just fucking stupid.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch19#21 it looks like he is there and it seems to me in another older chapter and that he was not necessarily in school. But amazing this manga hides a lot of little things or fills with details.

Interesting, though with him being faceless in those panels you can't really tell if it's meant to be the same person. Maybe the author could be asked on twitter.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

It doesn't even bore me to read this manga to said this: OK! You guys are gay! We're fuckingly get it! Now get a bloody room and ends game like yagatekimi sth sth!

This is the kind of manga that gives you excited at first and boring after that. Enough to make me think, just end this shit already. I don't give a damn whether it is yuri nor het. Just axes it, so tired to follow this load of crap.

last edited at Dec 30, 2019 8:18AM

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

I‘m also on the very verge of dropping this manga. I know, yuri wasn‘t promised to begin with, but their relationship is beyond just friendship level and it‘s getting even more frustrating the more I see this manga progress. If the author doesn‘t want it to be yuri, they should just stop implying all sorts of things.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

i don't know, seeing the author's livestreams seems like there will be much more drama to yet be seen

Oh wow, she's drawing the next chapter right now. It's really interesting to see how it's done.

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

I had my loudest "Bruh" after reading your comment...

last edited at Dec 30, 2019 9:17AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Although Koyuki's dad confiscating her phone after she apparently checked it once in her entire school career seems a little too strict, [...]

Rules are rules. And seeing his reaction to the other teacher bringing it up with him first, his main reason for doing this seems to be less just the rules and more to help Koyuki out of the lonely spot of the unapproachable exemplar student both the teachers and students keep pushing her into.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Yup, her streams are so cool.

I was going to write a big comment but I think I don't have much else to say, I probably one of the few people that is not frustrated with this manga lol

I just complimented her on her work and she read the comment and replied, it's nice that she tries to engage her English-speaking followers too.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

tififs posted:

i don't know, seeing the author's livestreams seems like there will be much more drama to yet be seen

I never expected them to sit down and talk things out next chapter just like that, but unless one has an accident o decides to take the first train back to tokyo just to avoid the confrontation we should be good.

joined Dec 30, 2018

Where does she stream???
Can someone link it pls

Where does she stream???
Can someone link it pls

https://www.twitch.tv/makotohagino

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

This. Very much this. I think that a lot of vitriol towards this series comes from people not bothering to read labels and just projecting their expectations onto the work in question. This has been something that plagued this title (at least on Dynasty) since the very beginning, when the staff had to fight off a deluge of Yuri tag requests. This, despite the fact the scanlator clearly stated on their site (and this was linked in this thread numerous times) that this will not go for the yuri route. The author also confirmed this will be more of a deep friendship thing rather than romance (while also stating she does not mind if someone interprets it as romance), and people viewed this as a betrayal.

All of which is rather unfortunate, because if you stopped projecting such expectations onto it and just read it for what it is, you would get a thoroughly enjoyable experience, in my opinion.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

tififs posted:

I never expected them to sit down and talk things out next chapter just like that, but unless one has an accident o decides to take the first train back to tokyo just to avoid the confrontation we should be good.

Yeah, sometimes I think I'm the only one who likes what frustrates everybody else about this one. Sure, my yuri-lizard-brain wants handholding and sex, ASAP, but the thing this one does that most others of its ilk do not is to show that real emotional growth isn't just a matter of having an epiphany followed by smooth sailing forever. Koyuki (and to a lesser extent Konatsu) opening up emotionally just leads to more complicated, unfamiliar emotions and social situations--simplifying things for safety is why people get closed off in the first place.

I've always thought of this as "serious fluff," and while the fluff has been less in evidence recently, I've always valued its seriousness in taking matters at its own pace.

last edited at Dec 30, 2019 1:26PM

joined Jul 26, 2019

A summary please?
I don't think we can expect too much about a possible romantic relationship in the next chapter... already they have to reconcile and say what they think and then maybe with time it will evolve into a more loving relationship or … not !
But today no possibility is ruled out one way or the other!

joined Dec 30, 2018

Where does she stream???
Can someone link it pls

https://www.twitch.tv/makotohagino

Thanks

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Friendship can be intimate too and stories about it do exist.

I think that some peoples are frustrated about the whole Friendship meme when it come to a 2 girls relationships, whether it be real friendship or love.The problem with an intimate friendship is the thin frontier between Friendship and love it made.In the end, i think one reason lie in the fact we're all yuri readers and have more or less expectations when it come to a relation between two girls, especially like here where it flirt (pun intented) with romance but not quite. One way to describe the manga is More than friends but less than lovers.

last edited at Dec 30, 2019 12:00PM

joined Jan 25, 2017

The author also confirmed this will be more of a deep friendship thing rather than romance

Except that's not what she said, but go off. All she said was that she didn't want to put a label on what Konatsu and Koyuki have because she thought it would be confining. The same idea comes up almost verbatim near the end of Bloom Into You, and I don't think anyone could seriously argue that that those characters' feelings aren't romantic.

last edited at Dec 30, 2019 12:28PM

joined Jul 26, 2019

At the moment the one that shows the most signs of romantic feelings such as jealousy, envy, guilt, their first special encounter, anxiety, their special bonds with them, depression, egoism, is konatsu.
For koyuki she simply ignored her own feelings, too busy opening up to others, but seems to want to fix everything and really care about konatsu other than thinking. Because at first in the history ,koyuki seemed to be the one who was more attracted to her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.