Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

joined Jul 26, 2019

^
I feel bad for Kaede since she got herself involved for the good of both of them but couldn't really achieve anything and even indirectly led Konatsu down the path she's on now. I hope things get sorted out for her sake too.

She should have discussed and warned konatsu about her departure to Tokyo knowing what it means instead of dodging the problem... she wants to be the bridge between the two but it is a mistake, because she is not telling neither konatsu nor koyuki that they should talk directly to each other and especially what each thinks of the other…
Like the other two kaede wants to do things indirectly, which would work for normal people but not here.These girls need to be told the truth and not always the same question "do you feel lonely?" that keeps coming back over and over again.The real question is, how do you feel about her?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

It's funny how little Kaede's affection matters to Konatsu.

I don’t think that’s true at all. It seems to me that this whole chapter is about how, even though the good classmate friends will be together, they’ll have the friendly and sympathetic sensei for homeroom, and there will likely be others to join the aquarium club, none of that can replace the special connection with Koyuki that Konatsu longs for.

That's... exactly what I meant - Kaede can jump-hug her into next week and that'll have no impact on her loneliness.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's funny how little Kaede's affection matters to Konatsu.

I don’t think that’s true at all. It seems to me that this whole chapter is about how, even though the good classmate friends will be together, they’ll have the friendly and sympathetic sensei for homeroom, and there will likely be others to join the aquarium club, none of that can replace the special connection with Koyuki that Konatsu longs for.

That's... exactly what I meant - Kaede can jump-hug her into next week and that'll have no impact on her loneliness.

Ah, I see—sorry to misunderstand you. I guess I’m saying that it matters (they do get in trouble with the teacher while professing their friendship, after all), but it doesn’t MATTER matter. Lol

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's because Amano is still mad Kaede and Koyuki having a friendship date and can't forgive Kaede for her friendcheat.

joined Jul 26, 2019

And she also resents koyuki a lot, it just looks like jealousy and fear of losing the person you love except that she doesn't admit it yet...

joined Jan 25, 2017

You might say....that A Tropical Fish is Yearning For Snow

Edit: in all seriousness I do appreciate how, after the early volumes had Koyuki pining much more overtly and consistently for Konatsu than the other way around, we’ve finally come around to living up to the title and having Konatsu need Koyuki more than she can even process

last edited at Oct 28, 2019 2:57PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Well since it apparently seems like the intention of the author with this is to keep it a platonic girlship, is there a possibility that either of the girls is gonna get a boyfriend at some point? I'm just saying it because it this clearly ain't gonna be yuri, then that's not out of the range of possibilities.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Don't think so, just because at this point in time they're not dating doesn't mean they will never date or that this will end in het

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Nah, that would require a massive turnabout for the characters and themes to even consider happening and I'm sure the author and editor have at least some awareness who the audience of the series is mostly made of. Maybe in a timeskip during the ending if the point of it was Konatsu and Koyuki accepting to grow apart to signify that one or both of them also eventually found someone else important enough to have that close a connection with, but if you asked me, that would feel half-assed no matter what and I don't think it's where the story is going anyway. And I see even less of a chance of it happening in the present since neither seems to be in the condition to sustain that kind of relationship (Koyuki because she has trouble understanding basic social cues and Konatsu because she's convinced nobody else could help her not feel lonely).

I'll show myself the door if I end up being wrong.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maybe the yuri will be between their daughters 25 years into the future

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Man, that would be some long-term planning.

Caf17338-61fd-484a-9549-c799f3691222
joined May 29, 2011

^
I feel bad for Kaede since she got herself involved for the good of both of them but couldn't really achieve anything and even indirectly led Konatsu down the path she's on now. I hope things get sorted out for her sake too.

She should have discussed and warned konatsu about her departure to Tokyo knowing what it means instead of dodging the problem... she wants to be the bridge between the two but it is a mistake, because she is not telling neither konatsu nor koyuki that they should talk directly to each other and especially what each thinks of the other…
Like the other two kaede wants to do things indirectly, which would work for normal people but not here.These girls need to be told the truth and not always the same question "do you feel lonely?" that keeps coming back over and over again.The real question is, how do you feel about her?

I agree with this wholeheartedly....and thank you for putting into words the things were bugging the crap out of me regarding Kaede (I’m an introvert who can get very annoyed with extroverts take it upon themselves to butt in and then wind up causing even more confusion). I’m sure she meant well but if she actually expected either of them to be direct and take initiative, then she really doesn’t know either of them well at all.

joined Jul 26, 2019

But I take it from you ^^ we can see that konatsu doesn't want to replace one friendship for another friendship, koyuki by kaede although this one is presented as the perfect replacement ,kind ,helpful, funny....no konatsu wants to preserve this bond as she says but is not just that, she feels towards koyuki much more than friendship but for the moment she is unable to determine what it is. That's why she says that even if she has other friends, it will never replace koyuki who is much more than a friend.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I really enjoy reading this story. I like this slow pacing. Right now I don’t see here romantic tension between girls. I have close friends of my gender and my bond with them is special for me. I love them like not blood related siblings. So for me it will be totally ok if this doesn’t go romance route. But if it did then I will be more than happy too, lol.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Well since it apparently seems like the intention of the author with this is to keep it a platonic girlship, is there a possibility that either of the girls is gonna get a boyfriend at some point? I'm just saying it because it this clearly ain't gonna be yuri, then that's not out of the range of possibilities.

Unless that boyfriend is just suddenly thrown in, probably not. Koyuki is out of this town soon anyway.

Author could try "replacement goldfish/frog boyfriend" angle for Konatsu, but it's kind of meh, especially since I don't think Konatsu wants to stay in that little seaside town either after HS is over. Same for a girlfriend. In fact, girlfriend would be worse because it would signal that either Konatsu is just settling or too scared to tell Koyuki what she really thinks about her.

It might just something along the lines Koyuki moving to Tokyo and in last epilogue chapter Konatsu returning to big city as well with her father and going to meet Koyuki at her apartment. They have a bit awkward meeting at the door and Koyuki invites her in and says "I have something to tell you...". The End. You can "interpret it as you like". I'm already cringing at the mere thought of seeing something like that, but who really knows. All one can do is wait anyway.

last edited at Nov 2, 2019 4:25PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Koyuki is out of this town soon anyway.

Soon is an understatement given she is still in second year right now.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Soon is an understatement given she is still in second year right now.

Koyuki just started her third year in the latest chapter while Konatsu started her second. Just about one year has passed since the beginning of the series.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh yeah, i kinda lost notion of time in the manga.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Maybe the yuri will be between their daughters 25 years into the future

LMAO that cracked me up way harder than it should have

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

No Dengeki Maoh this month, but at least here's the cover of volume 6.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The fliers will be ruined underwater :'(
I found nemo

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Okay so this has returned but... should I start reading it again? My recollection was that it was mostly subtext, and also whenever it last updated I tried reading it and just could not follow the story or the actors anymore. What do people think?

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Are we finally getting out of the angsty tarpit?

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Mom: “Compares her relationship with her husband to Koyuki’s relationship to Konatsu.”

But in a no romo way. This isn’t a romance, nope, no sirree bob.

Seriously, if this is all gonna end in one big no homo, I wish the artist would just get it over with and break my little gay heart.

joined Jan 25, 2017

I believe in Koyuki.

To reply you must either login or sign up.