Forum › Childhood Friend Yuri(?) discussion

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

That was really great art and a really sweet, amazing story. I usually don't read trans stuff just out of personal preference, but this one just feels so important and powerful...

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

This one made me and my girlfriend happy :)

joined Jan 13, 2018

Um... for anyone who didn't understand what milk symbol is It's a Thai slang for breast (I assume that he is trying to say something like 'Are those breast real?' something like that) Also, these girls (and boys) uniform are Thai 's university uniform if you're curious

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Nezchan is our Sis and Savior,
If only she was on /u/...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan is our Sis and Savior,
If only she was on /u/...

There's a limit to how much of a masochist one can be.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

oh, if not for the tags i was thinking she was a girl who dressed like a boy when she was a kid, like in prism

It is pretty easy to read it that way. The "cut off" line could be taken as "I never had one to start with" and the end could be read as "Wouldn't you rather have a guy?" with "A woman is what I want" in reply. With the exception of the milk line and the kind of insulting "(?)" in the title, I can see how you'd get that impression.

But I think I like it better this way.

it is like that, and you are right is better this way, the second part has more sense like this

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Hnngg! The cuteness is too much for me to handle! X3

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This is just so incredibly sweet and refreshing. It's so nice to have something both positive and realistic in its portrayal of a trans girl. My heart melted during the recollection of how her friend would defend her when they were kids too. <3

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is so positive and happy it made me giddy inside! Bravo to the artist!

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Eh, so this was updated? Now I want even more... They're too adorable for this story to end here!

last edited at Feb 12, 2018 7:09PM

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Awe shit this is amazing!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh no, we are so not doing this debate again.

Anyway, http://ildaro.blogspot.fr/2012/08/japan-allows-male-to-female-transgender.html

Looks like in the last decade, there's been a little progress on how Japan handles children with GID.

Bleach_589___giselle_gewelle_alux-d7quz%20(1)
joined Dec 2, 2014

Awwwww.
That's cute. I like Trans-Yuri.
Though I headcanon that she later on goes the transitioning full way. Makes it happier and more fluffy for me.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

A really nice read, although seeing certain comments here slightly soured the experience. Still, it's always encouraging to receive affirmation that there are more people who do or want to understand us than there are who would rather stay ignorant or biased. (So, thank you to the people who weren't losing their shit over this.)

Crying%20trash
joined Feb 8, 2018

This is adorable, I don't know how I missed it when it was posted.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

New(-ish) page from the author's twitter:

https://twitter.com/garunstudio/status/978916161927589888

joined Aug 16, 2014

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZXOmi1VMAETVjP.jpg)

This author is such a tease, releasing these one page at a time. I still wish they keep doing it until we have entire volumes of them.

Koito_yuu
joined May 27, 2018

That was such a nice story. Though also, the one I'm guessing is supposed to be the transgender girl with the long black hair, is really pretty.

joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] the one I'm guessing is supposed to be the transgender girl with the long black hair [...]

You don't have to guess, it's in the story itself.

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

Makes me well up just as much now as it did when I first read this.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Is there a joke/cultural reference that I'm missing?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I think it's supposed to be that the guy walks on the outside "in case" because it's closer to the danger of traffic (and when it's raining to block any spray, of course). So ... she's protective of "him".

(also, in Japan inner cities, you have those blocks that are surrounded by larger roads, but inside those blocks there's often no sidewalks to save space; you are just walking on the street, so I could see how this behavior would be seen as more "important")

last edited at Aug 25, 2018 6:15AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

morter posted:

Is there a joke/cultural reference that I'm missing?

The joke is that since guy is usually the one protecting, he is walking next to route so if anything happens, it is to him. Because they are both girls there really shouldn't be any reason for 1 walking over the other, but transgirl swapped placed, probably because she still felt like from 2 of them, she should be doing it. Other girl is like "why did you do it?" and she is probably like "it's nothing, don't think about it", but because she doesn't want her protecting her like that, when next car passes by she swapped places instead. And rinse and repeat (there is arrow back to panel 1, so they just keep on swapping places like that). Basically since they are both girls, neither has obligation to be protecting other, so whenever 1 swapped, other swap back. It's very simple, but kinda hard to explain...

Also it isn't just japan thing I think. Here guy is always supposed to walk next to traffic/danger as well.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Well, isn't this a really cute story? This author's stories really tickle my fancy. Shame about some of the comments in here though. Those do not tickle my anything.

last edited at Aug 26, 2018 4:19AM

joined May 21, 2018

Really cute, but this one from twitter, CUUUTTTEEEE!
That is the kind of stuff i like in romantic story. This kind of detail!

To reply you must either login or sign up.