Forum › Posts by commentator

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

There's gotta be a galge out there where you just ship the heroines. Anyone?

Technically Kindred Spirits on the Roof is about pairing up other girls, albeit it's a linear story and the pairings are fixed. Not quite the crackship simulator you're looking for, but still essential playing.

Can confirm, it's pretty good

profile pic checks out lol
I will also say I enjoyed Kindred Spirits.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I feel so out of the loop about Squiggles??? The only thing I remember about them is seeing that their translations were... subpar... at some point so I just stopped reading anything I noticed had Squiggles on it.

Is there anywhere I can get a quick rundown on the drama just so I can be informed? Unless it's so bad that we don't want to spill the tea or open that can of worms here (or whatever other idiom is applicable) which I would totally understand.

You identified one of the primary issues (translation quality) off the bat. I don't think it's my place to say the rest, but to my knowledge there is no will ill from either our side or theirs, sometimes the scanlation scene gets complicated and that's just how it goes.

Thanks for the reply. I somehow got the impression that there was something really dramatic that happened and bringing it up would cause someone to get angry, so it took me a bit of courage to just ask.

commentator
Image Comments 14 Dec 21:39
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Epdp2bowmaurxts-orig

Maybe they're in one of those workout rooms with a giant mirror covering a wall so she's seeing both.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Unfortunately due to some...stuff, not all of Squiggles work ends up here. Rest assured we're getting the rest of Ouji-sama up as soon as we're able.

I feel so out of the loop about Squiggles??? The only thing I remember about them is seeing that their translations were... subpar... at some point so I just stopped reading anything I noticed had Squiggles on it.

Is there anywhere I can get a quick rundown on the drama just so I can be informed? Unless it's so bad that we don't want to spill the tea or open that can of worms here (or whatever other idiom is applicable) which I would totally understand.

commentator
Mito discussion 01 Dec 23:23
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I found this author's pixiv:
https://www.pixiv.net/users/224407
It has links to their other social media and such in the profile too.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Wo~w!

This has me screaming lol

commentator
Image Comments 17 Nov 18:54
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Eanjqd2u8aecbnm-orig

@BV you've probably seen it elsewhere. This image has been around since early 2014 according to the artist's pixiv: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/42543904
They only just recently (June 2020) posted (or maybe reuploaded) it to their twitter where the source link leads to.
I'm not opposed to rediscovering this absolutely wonderful art though. It deserves the attention.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

It may not be loli, but it still unfortunately manages to have a pedo vibe to it... :/

commentator
Image Comments 12 Nov 06:05
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Ai_85554747_p0

For a second I thought Shinki was bursting in because she was called lol

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

And damn that lots of hugging. I duuno why but that looked really erotic.

Because eroticism is all about intimate contact, particularly in unusual configurations. E.g. on page 20, Kozuka presses the Landlady's shoulder into her chest -- because it's not something you ever do with strangers, the unusualness of the position enhances the feeling of intimacy (speaking from personal experience). Same goes for the ear-rubbing later on, while on page 24, they actually lock eyes at an extremely close distance -- which is one of the most intimate kinds of contact you can make with another person, even though they're not physically touching.

All-in-all, this chapter is an amazingly elaborate depiction of intense non-sexual intimacy.

You know you've got a good thing going when the sex is just foreplay for C U D D L I N G.

And then it starts to get more sensual right before she asks to put something on her schedule: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch15#25

Hand going into shirt and lips on neck

commentator
Image Comments 05 Nov 05:00
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Ej-5rchxgamlok--orig

The twitter source (ice bz2333) says it's actually by BLACKJOKER at https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/76082825

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I just realized,
Ookuma’s parents have to know Kanda is a girl because they investigated her through her resume right?? They probably did all sorts of background checks and found out.

omg I never even thought about that! I can just imagine that part of their relationship now: time to meet the parents. "Hey, I'm going out with a girl" "Yeah, we know"

commentator
Yuru Yuri discussion 29 Oct 04:57
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

And now after so many years, thanks to the translation notes of chapter 146, I think I understand the meaning of the title "Kashimashi Girl Meets Girl" (not that I ever really tried to search for it before)

last edited at Oct 29, 2020 5:01AM

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'm not sure what just happened but I was laughing a lot so it was good.

commentator
Image Comments 07 Oct 14:56
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Ejeyog4voaak_2m-orig

Here's the video btw: https://youtu.be/BoZ0Zwab6Oc

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

all the laws of conservation of energy/matter were just violated. this building should not be able to support that tree, either the wind would make it tip and fall toward the ground, or roots would destroy the building...

I'm sorry but this just doesn't make any god damn sense. XD

You got through all the parts where her body turns into a tree at will and NOW you're saying it doesn't make sense? lol

commentator
Yuru Oyako discussion 22 Sep 20:05
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's one middle schooler's lunch, how much could it be, 10,000 yen?

Roughly $100 bucks, so yeah, is way too much money for a middle schooler lunch.

I'm pretty sure that's a reference to this:
Quote from Arrested Development

commentator
Image Comments 15 Sep 23:20
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Bugpope Sep 14, 2020 10:27PM
I'm just imagining the villager bursting into the house, noticing that nobody's working on a recipe, and immediately leaving again without saying a word.

That's hilarious

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

"Jeesus fuck that... oh my god" - me after reading this

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

One of my favorite parts is the way Cerberus' eyes are covered

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

For those who might want to check out the Pixiv Comic source that was mentioned: https://comic.pixiv.net/works/3737

last edited at Aug 24, 2020 4:47PM

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'm lost. What was the resolution in the end?

The problem was that they want to be with each other so bad that they can't bear to leave for work and be separated all day. So, if they work at the same place they don't have to separate.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Oh fun! We just started watching the anime and now I learn that there's a related manga too! The anime has been surprisingly cute so far a couple episodes in. It also has some yuri bait stuff in it so that's a thing. (honestly not sure if I like that or not in this age of yuri availability, but if this were like ten years ago I would have watched the show just for those scenes so...)

commentator
Image Comments 11 Aug 20:39
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
78188146_p0

how could she go directly to cunnilingus? She’s got to get her in the mood first!

Do you not see the marks on her breast and torso? Also, it's not even cunnilingus yet, she's licking her stomach. Definitely getting in the mood.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

ಠ_ಠ
Of all the latest chapters i decide to randomly try reading to see if this actually went anywhere decent, I choose the one that has rape slipped into the tags...