Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

I've always considered "How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend?" and "Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream" as sister series'. Childhood friend romcoms that started around the same time.
While that series has really found its place and put it's best foot forward, we keep getting struck with new levels of "that's so stupid" over here, with very little actually happening.

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Are people still enjoying this? Because at this point it's just sunk cost fallacy that keeps me here

I'm still having fun!

joined Aug 6, 2021

Well, that's my least favorite trope right there. Awesome. T-T

Img_3985
joined Jul 27, 2019

For the record, I am still enjoying this series, and Minami and Yuzu are cute, but—
*screams of the damned*

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

i swear to god if the next chapter doesn't have minami getting through yuzu's thick skull i'm going to kashoot myself

%e3%83%80%e3%82%a4%e3%81%95%e3%82%93
joined Apr 5, 2023

Are people still enjoying this? Because at this point it's just sunk cost fallacy that keeps me here

I'm still having fun!

Me too, I'm enjoying it lots and I like being teased like this :P

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

i swear to god if the next chapter doesn't have minami getting through yuzu's thick skull i'm going to kashoot myself

In Minecraft, right?

joined May 9, 2017

The issue is not really the trope of having two characters obviously into each and not noticing it. This is fine and even cute/funny to an extent. But when one of the said character is being clearly explicit and the other reacts as "don't me make me wish for the impossible", this is just plain stupid... The girl said she wants you, and is trying to kiss you... What do you think she is going? Declaring to you that she is a really, really good friend?

At one point, the stupidity of a character stops being cute and is just annoying. But well, if some are still enjoying it, maybe there is a public for that.

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

WHAT THE FU

Please, tell me how. How does someone nearly get kissed, then think “nah, it’s impossible for us to be together”

SHE WAS LITERALLY MAKIMG A MOVE ON YOU

DOEST THIS CRAP ACTUALLY JAPPRN?? Mfg I’m so mad I can’t type wtf

It went from “YES YES YES” to “NOOOOO NOOOOOOO” real fast for me

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Yes kinda… still reading for the same reason

Hoping, PRAYING, that the payoff is worth being edged for so long.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Noooo you useless lesbian noooo

I'm still enjoying this a lot btw. I love a good flirty slowburn that also burns bright at the same time somehow. It's not JUST about the smoochy payoff in the end :P

last edited at Oct 17, 2024 3:00AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I knew the comments will be good as soon as I saw it happen lmao

... anyway, the author actually has an interesting opportunity to potentially squander, because they're stuck with each other on this ride for at least a while, no escape! They have to do something.

I am enjoying this anyway, certainly more than the stupid "mysterious Yuzu" arc.

last edited at Oct 17, 2024 3:27AM

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Deadass, I REALLY hope she takes the whole “ski trip my last shot” to heart and actually like, presses her or tries to see where they’re at, or like, reinforces and explicitly states that she’s in love with her, ROMANTICALLY (and sexually lol) or literally anything that involves them communicating

I have sneaking suspicion that that’s not gonna happen, minami will back off, be depressed for the rest of the trip, yuzu will be like “this is better, we need to stay friends”

The underclassman finds out minami got dumped and decides to shoot her shot and flirt with her, minami just goes along with it cuz she’s heartbroken and cute girl giving her attention go brr

Yuzu sees them interact, maybe underclassman kisses minami’s cheek or smthn and yuzu gets jealous and possessive, realizing that her feelings are too strong to ignore, trying to get in between them.

So either Minami drops the underclassman and goes back to yuzu OR yuzu has to “compete” with the kouhai and “earn” back her right to date minami, to make up for rejecting her the first time.

Really hoping things ain’t gonna get dragged out cuz I feel like whenever we’re edged THIS much, the payoff is gonna be ass and underwhelming. Bet the series will end right after they officially get together… (pls no)

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

... anyway, the author actually has an interesting opportunity to potentially squander, because they're stuck with each other on this ride for at least a while, no escape! They have to do something.

It’s gonna cut to the next day or after the trip, basically show that minami was depressed the whole way back and her and yuzu weren’t talking.

I have no faith

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

You know what? I don’t even want to see them together anymore. Yuzu has officially fumbled too hard for me to care

Myjoydeadmall002
joined Jan 8, 2020

Is she acoustic?

joined Jul 8, 2020

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS HAHAAHAHA

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

abycureacberyacgvcvdstca..........I want to cry.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Well, now that's just ridiculous.

joined Jul 6, 2020

what

joined Jul 26, 2023

Too much progress, gotta backpedal to stretch the suffering of the readers some more.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

... I'm a bit confused why people are freaking out. She's been in love for a while and rejecting her feelings because she felt she has already been rejected. So it's only natural that once things are changing, she doesn't just accept it outright as the most natural development, she's confused and worried.

They have been taking two steps forward and two step back for 25 chapters, sure, but I like that in all that shuffling, things have changed. Their understanding of their own feelings, their expectations and hopes for the future, and even their internal reasoning have changed, been explored over time, meaning there is change in the characters even when they aren't moving forward.

last edited at Oct 17, 2024 5:19AM

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

you fool minami, if you kiss her and tell her you love her you might start getting her hopes up that you love her and want to kiss her.

also yooo get it hinori!

joined Dec 23, 2016

come on tae FUCK man

EternalSongbird
joined Feb 4, 2019

YUZU ISTG I AM BEGGING YOU TO REALISE THAT YOU WERE ONLY CHILDREN WHEN YOU WERE 'REJECTED' AND Y'ALL ARE DIFFERENT NOW. STOP GETTING IN YOUR OWN WAY (⁠┛⁠✧⁠Д⁠✧⁠)⁠)⁠┛⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

To reply you must either login or sign up.