Forum › Our Love At The Core Of It discussion

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Bad End.

joined Mar 18, 2016

I'd definitely recommend stopping 2 pages before the end...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Weird turn for the comedic towards the end

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Wow just the right time to add somone to the group

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Hoi! Why did both of you not lock the door before doing it?????
And the story just ends there ?
What happens next? T-T

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Needs World Without Yuri Manga tag.

And I know this isn't the first "divorcing parents split up twins" story I've read--is it just a story trope or another cultural weirdness thing?

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

And I know this isn't the first "divorcing parents split up twins" story I've read--is it just a story trope or another cultural weirdness thing?

I think it's neither, really. I think twin love is one of the more fascinating philosophically introspective topics in romance, and within the GL or BL realm in particular it takes on a nuance that is sorta a "double negative", given the core logical argument against incest is often the real problem and consequences of inbreeding..which sorta takes on a significant amount of water with homosexual love, whose own """wrongness""" comes from not furthering the bloodline or whatever bullshit.

And sometimes it's just people who really love incest in their fiction and honestly all the power to 'em lmao.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I think it's neither, really. I think twin love is one of the more fascinating philosophically introspective topics in romance, and within the GL or BL realm in particular it takes on a nuance that is sorta a "double negative", given the core logical argument against incest is often the real problem and consequences of inbreeding..which sorta takes on a significant amount of water with homosexual love, whose own """wrongness""" comes from not furthering the bloodline or whatever bullshit.

And sometimes it's just people who really love incest in their fiction and honestly all the power to 'em lmao.

...that's not what they were talking about at all? They were asking if it's normal for divorcing parents to each take custody of one twin. Which, I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I totally get the twincest thing, and I agree with your analysis of its appeal in stories, but I was specifically asking about the splitting up of twins (or any group of siblings) in a divorce. A quick search suggests that “split custody” (one parent getting one or more of the kids and the other parent the rest) is fairly rare in the US. Says one source, “unless there are extenuating circumstances, the court rarely separates siblings in divorce.”

I was wondering if that’s considerably different in Japan, or just in manga, which seem to revel in all sorts of family-configuration complications, like “children of the Dad’s dead mistress,” etc.

OK, another quick search reveals that only since this very May has Japan even allowed joint custody (where both parents have parental authority over the children)—in 90% of the cases custody of children went to the mother. Seems like a story-land thing, then.

And as my “world without yuri stories” crack was intended to imply, there’s a curiously old-fashioned tone about this one, with “but we’re both sisters” taking the place of “but we’re both girls.”

last edited at Jul 22, 2024 9:46AM

I23iaj6av56b1
joined Apr 18, 2023

if there's no sequel i'll just have to assume that the curb your enthusiasm theme started playing as it cuts to the credit

joined Apr 11, 2022

Manga characters never learn to lock the door...

joined Jul 16, 2022

introspective twincest is very funny set of words. big fan of this one

last edited at Jul 22, 2024 2:52PM

joined Feb 24, 2023

Why swerve with that awful bad end twist at the last minute knowing there’s no follow up? They’ll probably be beaten, disowned and thrown out on the street for all I know, damn I liked everything up to that moment

joined Sep 18, 2017

if there's no sequel i'll just have to assume that the curb your enthusiasm theme started playing as it cuts to the credit

This work was published October last year. It's possible a sequel is currently in the works, but there's no mention.

joined Jun 12, 2015

BUSTED!

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Why swerve with that awful bad end twist at the last minute knowing there’s no follow up? They’ll probably be beaten, disowned and thrown out on the street for all I know, damn I liked everything up to that moment

I mean, that's one of the biggest, most glaring problems with homosexual incest hypothetically

your parents

lmao

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

i think it's neat

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

They have been going to college for a while at the end so they're basically adults already. They were even talking about living together. So I don't see this as a bad end. If they were still kids, then sure, this would be a problem. But they aren't kids anymore, so this is a good chance to leave their parents behind and move on with their lives together.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

They have been going to college for a while at the end so they're basically adults already. They were even talking about living together. So I don't see this as a bad end. If they were still kids, then sure, this would be a problem. But they aren't kids anymore, so this is a good chance to leave their parents behind and move on with their lives together.

You'd think but if it was that easy in these series, there wouldn't be half the manga content to read.

last edited at Jul 22, 2024 2:50PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

What a place to stop...

I do love these two, though.

tsukemonogatari
E7970c69-edd3-4544-8de9-6a20ca0f7573
joined Aug 29, 2020

Imagine.

Susie: LARRY DAVID ARE YOU HAVING LESBIAN SEX WITH YOUR SISTER

Jeff: Well she’s not legally her sister.

Larry: My name’s not on her register.

Susie: Your name’s on some fucking register you sick fuck asshole

Larry: Ever look at yourself in the mirror in the middle of coitus and think geez I’m really starting to look like my mother? Dig deeper. It’s Freudian. All sex is really incest yuri. Do you respect Freud Susie

SeraphimofYuri
Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

Well, the mom may have discovered that they're together. However, she really can't stop them.

They're both in college, thus they are legally adults, so she can't do shit.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Bro I love this, I like when incestual relationships are actually developed, not just I love my sister and that's it, but rather developing the social taboo of the whole thing, so this is great.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'll throw out the insane idea of a threesome sequel where the mom joins in lol

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

And as my “world without yuri stories” crack was intended to imply, there’s a curiously old-fashioned tone about this one, with “but we’re both sisters” taking the place of “but we’re both girls.”

I think I actually and finally get what you mean now.
It's like before same-sex union exists, in order to have the same-sex couple to be together, since they couldn't marry each other, therefore the only way to do so is to have one of them as their 'family', so that one of them could inherit property, or to take care of the other person etc.. if the other is unavailable or passed away.

To reply you must either login or sign up.