Forum › This Is Not Heaven, But… discussion

girlswhokiss
By%2067558489%20pixiv%20id
joined Apr 5, 2023

Ah, I've read this one before, pretty nice. Thanks for the upload

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Poor girl must've hatched into some kind of a Gay-ban Renmei. .. Very nice and well thought out. But what's the author's apology about? Ahead of what story?

joined Mar 26, 2021

But what's the author's apology about? Ahead of what story?

That kind of blurb is usually after the story, as an epilogue, and this time it wasn't, I guess?

And yeah, no matter how holy or angelical, if you can't be gay without anyone being bothered then that place isn't heaven.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

WHAT THIS IS SO GOOD
WHAAAAT

It's like... It feels kind of middle school edgy in a way, with the angel aesthetics, the black vs white color scheme... feels kinda emo, feels kinda ridiculous and overly serious, but I love it.

I laughed out loud at the translation note about Japanese yen. Who...? Why.....? But heck yeah, I'm all for learning the value of foreign currency. Overthrow Americentrism!

Overall: this was cute and bittersweet, and I really liked the commentary on homophobia. Makes a lot of sense in a Christian cultural context (unfortunately). This could work well in a longer form too, but I can appreciate it as a one-shot. Going straight onto my favorites list.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

It could work in a Buddhist context too as she could face pressure to reincarnate into someone "normal"

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Smoking...F*cking doomers.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Loved it, thanks for the translation!

butches-and-chicken
Butches%20yuri
joined Jun 12, 2023

I really liked this one!

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

This was great. Felt like a pilot for a series

joined Dec 30, 2020

gottdang ol light switch on her halo

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

gottdang ol light switch on her halo

Would come in handy when you wake up having to pee in the middle of the night. She's a keeper!

joined Aug 29, 2023

I laughed out loud at the translation note about Japanese yen. Who...? Why.....? But heck yeah, I'm all for learning the value of foreign currency. Overthrow Americentrism!

The scanlator of Hime-chan is a Needy Woman did this too, except with Norwegian krone.

Hmmm... If I ever draw a one-shot (once executive dysfunction stops beating my ass), I will add a note like this to it.
"*65000 yen is [insert conversion here] Polish zlotys."

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Some of the pages have been updated to fix some typos

Vlcsnap-2024-07-17-07h16m47s663
joined Nov 13, 2022

Poor girl must've hatched into some kind of a Gay-ban Renmei

The title that immediately comes to mind when I see Angel and Smoking in the tags.

last edited at Jul 6, 2024 5:57PM

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

This really brought out the emo in me. Thanks for scanlating!

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

If Angel was expelled because she falls for another angel who happens to have the same gender as her...
Wait, that doesn't make any sense.
Shouldn't angels genderless..?
But if I'm Haruka, I wanted to help Angel to find her own place. Or that, if there's anything I could do so Angel San can go back to wherever Angel san belongs to..
Angel san, what should I do to send you back to where you are?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

If Angel was expelled because she falls for another angel who happens to have the same gender as her...
Wait, that doesn't make any sense.
Shouldn't angels genderless..?
But if I'm Haruka, I wanted to help Angel to find her own place. Or that, if there's anything I could do so Angel San can go back to wherever Angel san belongs to..
Angel san, what should I do to send you back to where you are?

I think an angel's gender can be whatever the author wants it to be, in this case she's a woman. The creator of a story doesn't have to follow any specific example when it comes to fiction, especially when it comes to fictional beings.

Also I believe the point is that Angel found her own slice of heaven, and she doesn't want to be anywhere else. She doesn't want to go back to a place of prejudice and hate. She found a place where she's loved, so there's no need to worry about the "how to" of sending her back.

joined Dec 28, 2023

I like it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.