Forum › The Princess of Sylph discussion

Screenshot_20231227-213544_tumblr
joined Dec 27, 2023

The flower language of this chapter is pretty fitting! I'm pretty sad about the serialization not making it, but I'll make sure to support the artist so that the independent version can keep going!

joined Oct 12, 2021

Omg, the "snooze smooze" on page 1 is sending me, thank you so much for the translation! An adorable chapter fit perfectly for the intermission, both in the story and in its publishing. Here's to hoping it gets all the support it deserves, and we'll see each other again someday o7. 

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

This is an adventure yuri manga that has been done really well . I hardly seen these kinds of manga lately. It has plot, a storyline, characters etc. It's really good.
Needed a change of storyline due to most yuri mangas about school girls or modern setting nowadays.
This is good.

last edited at Jun 13, 2024 6:15AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

The flower language of this chapter is pretty fitting! I'm pretty sad about the serialization not making it, but I'll make sure to support the artist so that the independent version can keep going!

Hehehehehe hyper cum.

The intrusive thoughts won out

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Even the last chapter title is hopeful :')

%e3%83%80%e3%82%a4%e3%81%95%e3%82%93
joined Apr 5, 2023

I love the art in this, a shame that it didn't sell well :(

Kiss
joined Dec 31, 2023

Nice, this is the featured series today. It should bring some extra attention to this work, it really deserves it.

Welcome new readers; I hope you have enjoyed this very special story and will continue to do so in the future.

I selfishly repeat the request to support the author if at all possible. Both the volumes and the monthly fanbox sub only cost a few hundred yen.

Clodsire
joined Jul 4, 2018

i love that the messengerfly doubles as a lantern. it makes sense, and is cute

joined Feb 2, 2021

So, we had the self published version (on here it's called the twitter version), which then restarted for the serialisation, then the serialisation had to end prematurely and now we're back to the old one? Will the updates continue on here or on the other one?

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

So, we had the self published version (on here it's called the twitter version), which then restarted for the serialisation, then the serialisation had to end prematurely and now we're back to the old one? Will the updates continue on here or on the other one?

We're not back to the old one. This one will continue on Fanbox. Direct continuation.

last edited at Jul 8, 2024 11:53AM

Kiss
joined Dec 31, 2023

I suppose at this point fanbox is the best option, but volume 3 is out as of Friday, in case anyone else would like to complete their collection. :)

joined Jul 26, 2023

Is this actually going to be yuri, because I keep reading the author saying it won't be. Might be bad google translate though but kinda worried. It'll still be great without romance but I would like to see it.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Is this actually going to be yuri, because I keep reading the author saying it won't be. Might be bad google translate though but kinda worried. It'll still be great without romance but I would like to see it.

Where did you see the author say that?

It's already yuri. You could also check their twitter. That's all she draws with these two. The story is about their relationship and romance. From memory, she wanted to make the official version more cuddly than the previous version, not less.

You could also check the twitter extras posted on Mangadex (under "volume 3"): These should make her intentions even clearer

last edited at Jul 28, 2024 6:48PM

joined Jul 26, 2023

I can't find it anymore. Maybe I just made it up...

joined Jul 26, 2023

Newest chapter was just uploaded to fanbox.
Supporting at the highest tier, doing my part!
Also, thanks translators for making it possible for me to enjoy this wonderful manga!

Screenshot_20231227-213544_tumblr
joined Dec 27, 2023

Honestly, thank you so much for translating this! I'll def be subbing to the fanbox and keeping up with this manga, and it's thanks to translators that I can do that ^^ Edit: well, looks like I WON'T be doing that, seeing as Fanbox just will not work for me. Anyone know how to get around that?

last edited at Aug 2, 2024 9:54AM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Honestly, thank you so much for translating this! I'll def be subbing to the fanbox and keeping up with this manga, and it's thanks to translators that I can do that ^^ Edit: well, looks like I WON'T be doing that, seeing as Fanbox just will not work for me. Anyone know how to get around that?

What's the specific issue with signing up? I have no issues there. Do you have a Pixiv account?

last edited at Aug 2, 2024 10:33AM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

What's the specific issue with signing up? I have no issues there. Do you have a Pixiv account?

also if the censorship is causing problems just switch your country in the settings to like Canada. America seems to be having more censorship on pixiv for whatever reason. It doesn't change anything other than allow you to see more things.

Please use this link to support the author. Also, you can write comments under the new posts. Kamejiro loves to read comments and replies to everyone. Seeing global fans supporting them made them happy and they are planning and arranging for an English translator for their fanbox chapters in the future.

https://www.fanbox.cc/@kamejiroro

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

Interesting, I didn't have any issues signing up to donate. Happy to do it, though. I have to confess I always preferred the fluffier version to the original twitter anyway. It was a neat concept but it was positively dripping with misery. I like the new balance better. Someone should ask her to maintain the silly sound effects in the official version, I always thought they added a special charm.

BLAMEY Uploader
Satsuaki
noighd
joined Oct 9, 2021

Chapter 18 is out and translated.
I've opted to still typeset it but with filters, leaving the art only visible enough to act as a guideline. This was the best method I found to read it naturally(?), capturing all the SFX and little details. The idea is you'd still need to subscribe but could read along back-to-back instead of having to constantly decipher what lines went where from a text file.
Translation
Raw chapter

As mentioned, new chapters are set to release the 1st week of every month and the cheapest tier only gets you access to the latest chapter. Still a good bargain but you'd have to stay on top of it.

Kiss
joined Dec 31, 2023

Thank you so much for continuing the translation! The format you've chosen is fantastic - the reading experience paired with the raws remains excellent, but the translation is useless on its own which properly encourages people to sign up for the author's fanbox. I'm truly grateful.

Satsuaki
noighd
joined Oct 9, 2021

Fanbox again.
Translations for chapter 18 and 19.
I know the format's not ideal but it's the most I can be comfortable with. I really wish it didn't come to this.
As mentioned you can be updated on wordpress or discord. New chapters release at the start of each month and I'll try to have them typeset within a week.

Anyway to be less depressing yay Tania's finally letting the mask drop. Some interesting changes with Sara being aware of the 1 month waiting period for a new Sylpheed removing a bit of motivation for her suicide attempt, though it doesn't mean she's in the clear. Wonder if the butterfly monsters will still make a return. There's still the slow escalation of darkness, with Tania not quite killing the guard but Natalia being confronted with someone that clashes with her worldview of intrinsic good.

Tania's plan was rash but not terrible apart from failing to account for roots, which is clear exposition for future battles. And kind of funny she doesn't seem to know what roots are; I guess from growing up in a desert? It's not clear if she means to use the incoming monsters to her advantage but I wouldn't put it past her now. Can't wait for her to inevitably go after Sara.

Edit: Working on a better solution to let those with the raws read it unwatermarked, but it might take until next chapter. I know this all seems ridiculous but I've got dumb moral hangups to work through.

last edited at Sep 21, 2024 7:30AM

Screenshot%202024-08-04%20044759
joined Jun 21, 2021

@BLAMEY I just wanna say, I absolutely love your SFXs. That wiggle swiggle really tickled my funny bone for some reason xD

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

@BLAMEY I just wanna say, I absolutely love your SFXs. That wiggle swiggle really tickled my funny bone for some reason xD

YES! The sound effects are so light and whimsical and perfect for the story! I recall one that was like "swoop di swoop" or something when the princess was flying and loved it.

joined May 3, 2014

so future readers will not look in the comments for the chapters , nor I’m gonna barely try to read them with HUGE ugly watermarks, so either some one picks this one up or what?

if the author puts the translated chapters on their fanbox then i will pay the 100 yen per month :3

last edited at Sep 21, 2024 11:31AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.