Forum › The Princess of Sylph discussion

Kiss
joined Dec 31, 2023

FUCK

This and Aizawa-san are the two running series I am wholeheartedly invested in. I know I'm only on record here as being very critical of it, but I wouldn't have written an essay if I didn't care. Based on the pattern, I was expecting volume 3 to release soon with chapter 15, and I was preparing my next post on the new material, but now I guess I'll just wait until it ends. The story hasn't even started yet - it cannot be closed - but I do wonder if the author will make an effort to finish it in a way that is at least somewhat reasonable for those who don't want to follow online.

I had enough issues with this version that I'm not surprised about the news; in fact, I was terrified that this will happen since early volume 2, but I hate it. Absolutely hate it. We didn't even manage to get to the point where the actual plot begins. It also retroactively makes me more annoyed at some of the choices: we wasted page time on things that slowed down the progress, but at least they were also bad on their own (lack of) merits, so there was no benefit.

On the plus side, it finally made me register on fanbox. The highest tier is not even three euros a month. I know nothing about the author's background, but I sincerely hope the loss of the publication won't affect them severely and they will find enough support to be able to continue their work.

U5iwjlckigx21%20(1)
joined Mar 21, 2016

Gaaaah
First, a cliffhanger with a month of nothing after a slap, and now a cancellation + move to fanbox. I hope that at least the continuation will be from this more detailed version rather than the twitter one...

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Gaaaah
First, a cliffhanger with a month of nothing after a slap, and now a cancellation + move to fanbox. I hope that at least the continuation will be from this more detailed version rather than the twitter one...

There was a chapter this month, I'm just slow at translating it because I'm feeling devastated.
The fanbox continuation will follow where the serialized version leaves off. The announcement confirmed the twitter version is discontinued.

Kiss
joined Dec 31, 2023

I'm feeling devastated.

I remember you said earlier you might just quit if this gets cancelled. :'( I was probably more worried about this for your sake than for the story itself.

I always appreciate every translator; they let me experience endless excellent fiction for free, and having done similar work for technical texts, I'm very directly aware of the effort that goes into it. Even then, you have been a favourite of mine for a long time. You approach everything you work on with such love and care, really going above and beyond. Plus, you have fantastic taste in which series you pick. You are the best of the best.

Since I can't exactly offer to buy you a beer and have a good bitching session about manga getting axed, this seemed like a good opportunity to say how grateful I am for all your time and energy spent here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.