Forum › Contract Sisters discussion

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

The shocking part is the mom been a player

joined Feb 24, 2023

At this point, Meguru doesn't need an older sister, she needs a good therapist...

There’s not a single manga or anime I’ve ever consumed that has ever features a Therapist to any real degree, because Japan, so that absolutely will not happen. Issues like this always fall on strictly the person and their social circle to fix lmao

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Yes!

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

ok, its obvious that Meguru has a messed up perception of love

But her (real) sister should have a normal sense of things. So why did she let Meguru kiss her?

I mean, it definitely looks like Hiromi herself ran away to not have to deal with her own feelings.

And this also leaves the question of her mother- because it definitely seems like she had been hooking up with other women while married with a man. Who also seems to be no longer here?

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Love how the manga balances Meguru's angst with Kasane's goofiness. Will be interesting to see what happens with that balance now that we're getting into the meat of the plot.

Didn't see a comment elaborating on Meguru's family situation prior to living with her sister.
Her mother passed away and Meguru first meets her sister at 10 years old.
Prior to that she was living with her mother, who had apparently divorced her father and was now seeing other women. Guess that means Meguru's sister had been living with their father after the divorce.

Itsy Bitsy Spooder
Spooder
joined Jan 22, 2024

But her (real) sister should have a normal sense of things. So why did she let Meguru kiss her?

I mean, it definitely looks like Hiromi herself ran away to not have to deal with her own feelings.

And this also leaves the question of her mother- because it definitely seems like she had been hooking up with other women while married with a man. Who also seems to be no longer here?

Im under the impression that they were already divorced. The mother took Meguru while her sister went with the dad. Meguru probably got neglected so after some time her dad came to pick her up. But because he's too bussy, he let the sister take care of Meguru. Thats what I think

edit: @DrJamesFox said that the mother actually passed away, I guess I missed that

last edited at Apr 26, 2024 10:37AM

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Im under the impression that they were already divorced. The mother took Meguru while her sister went with the dad. Meguru probably got neglected so after some time her dad came to pick her up. But because he's too bussy, he let the sister take care of Meguru. Thats what I think

edit: @DrJamesFox said that the mother actually passed away, I guess I missed that

Easy to miss. Brief panel of their father lighting incense at a shrine for their mother: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/contract_sisters_ch14_1#7

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

So basically the father's the one's that's MIA...and at the end, she's still neglected and lonely.

joined Jul 8, 2019
Itsy Bitsy Spooder
Spooder
joined Jan 22, 2024

So basically the father's the one's that's MIA...and at the end, she's still neglected and lonely.

pretty much. Hopefully Kasane will fix that

Screenshot%202024-04-26%20233149
joined Jan 17, 2021

what the taj mahal

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

It's mutual. It's twisted love! But it's mutual.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Man if Meguru isn't down worse than I thought. Well, her situation is also a bit more fucked up than expected.
I love it when a Manga's all the right kinds of wrong.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I kissed my sister and I liked it
Hope our father don't mind it
It felt wrong, it felt so right...

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm normally against the first kiss happening while the other party is asleep and defenseless but at this point that's the least of Meguru's problems...

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

At this point, Meguru doesn't need an older sister, she needs a good therapist...

There’s not a single manga or anime I’ve ever consumed that has ever features a Therapist to any real degree, because Japan, so that absolutely will not happen. Issues like this always fall on strictly the person and their social circle to fix lmao

Pieta https://dynasty-scans.com/series/pieta

A lot of it takes place from the therapists' perspective.

joined May 10, 2021

My words that's fucked-up. I love it!
Thanks for the chapter!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And now we know what happened. As well as her acknowledging her current feelings.

Did not see the surprise coming with her mom, though!

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I just realized something. Previous chapters implied Hiromi married a man, but that was just Meguru's imagination of her sister's spouse, their dad didn't send her a picture or anything. Hiromi moved to the States, right? And this chapter demonstrates she was attracted to women. So it's possible, maybe even likely, that she's married to another woman. Maybe one who looks like Meguru? That'd be funny.

Sarayuu
joined Apr 23, 2023

Spicy.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well. It's a lucky thing for Meguru that the person she decided to fixate on happens to be sweet and nice.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

lmao that would be funny if she married a woman

but like, wow. if i had a nickel for every fucked up manga i read that involved a girl getting psychosexual over their sister figure and trying to figure that out, i'd have two nickels. which feels like way too much

joined Aug 21, 2017

Imagine if we had a Needs Therapy tag

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

lmao that would be funny if she married a woman

but like, wow. if i had a nickel for every fucked up manga i read that involved a girl getting psychosexual over their sister figure and trying to figure that out, i'd have two nickels. which feels like way too much

however, if you had a nickel for every manga where the sister has actual sexual feelings on the older one and it's not just some sister-oedipus thing to represent abandonment, you'd only have one.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

ch16... why.... why have you done this

To reply you must either login or sign up.