Forum › Contract Sisters discussion

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

At this point, I'm rooting for cafe girl the most. I want her to keep having her happy moments forever :O

joined May 10, 2021

Man I nearly forgot how good looking her friend is. Even better when she shows a bit of tsun-side.
Also almost forgot how much I relate to the waitress.... I'm usually all for an age-gap yuri relationship (and still am) but my words do those two look perfect together.
Now, I done how the little sister will react to the harsh truth(ish?) that's been shoved into her.
Thanks for the chapter!

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I came for the cute sister dynamic and I'm still for it but my heart is with Mi-chan. Send helppp

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Why do so many manga have the "Let's have some fun and play with..." character that drags everything to hell.

Easy way to cause drama: introduce third wheel.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Look at Hayafuji acting like a responsible adult (with help), while Meguru falls completely for transparent manipulation like a kid that she is. Almost refreshing to see characters actin their age in a manga.

last edited at Jan 24, 2024 2:21AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Manager had a great day. :D

joined Jan 11, 2015

Why do so many manga have the "Let's have some fun and play with..." character that drags everything to hell.

I despise those tropes. I've dropped several otherwise interesting manga & anime because of sh**-stirrers.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Finally we get the backstory!

............. Yeah. That would screw you up. I might develop a major sister complex with that kind of history.

joined May 28, 2021

This does definitely explain a lot about Meguru and her desperate need to fill the void in her life. The fixation on having a ''sister'' too, how someone new in her life could trigger that switch in her head. I get her a lot more now.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

WE FINALLY GOT BACKSTORY!!! so looking forward to know what happened to her older sister in the present

joined Dec 12, 2023

HELL YES BACKSTORY!! poor meguru :( she's clearly felt isolated for most of her life and doesn't know how to fill that void aside from having her sister back. i hope that she can grow into a more stable person over the course of the story

WANTED Dead OR Alive
joined Sep 22, 2023

The credits joke fell a little flat tbh. It doesn't comes off right. If you wanted to go there with the joke, you could just've made her say: "The stupid pizza had pineapple on it."

last edited at Feb 23, 2024 10:05AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Finally getting into the story of her actual sister.

The credits joke fell a little flat tbh. It doesn't comes off right. If you wanted to go there with the joke, you could just've made her say: "The stupid pizza had pineapple on it."

Wasn't food poisoning bad enough? :P

last edited at Feb 23, 2024 2:37PM

joined May 28, 2021

WE FINALLY GOT BACKSTORY!!! so looking forward to know what happened to her older sister in the present

It's been heavily implied she simply got married and left the house. We don't know the particulars yet though, how it happened, etc.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

even with so little we've seen of meguru's actual sister, i can already say she's the goat

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Meguru-chan.... T_T

joined May 28, 2021

Her sister made such an earnest effort to reach out to her, you can definitely tell why Meguru grew so attached.Not having that in her life anymore must have hurt so bad :(

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I want to know why her sister had to leave... With how close they were and the face she makes when she tells Meguru that they can't live together, it doesn't sound like something simple.

joined Jun 11, 2016

even with so little we've seen of meguru's actual sister, i can already say she's the goat

agreed. I wish my sister could be a little like her.

I want to know why her sister had to leave... With how close they were and the face she makes when she tells Meguru that they can't live together, it doesn't sound like something simple.

yeah! someone above said she got married and moved out, but the face she made in page 9 makes me guess it's more than that.

joined May 28, 2021

agreed. I wish my sister could be a little like her.

yeah! someone above said she got married and moved out, but the face she made in page 9 makes me guess it's more than that.

That's what was heavily implied back in chapter 7 at the very least. We don't have any of the details though, just that she left to be with a man.I guess we'll find out more about it soon !

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That was an interesting surprise. Did not expect the contract to have such a backstory too.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I despise those tropes. I've dropped several otherwise interesting manga & anime because of sh**-stirrers.

I really see this vitriol for Toki as unfair, because all she has done is acknowledge the elephant in the room. Sure, her intentions are selfish, etc. etc. But is she wrong for pointing out the implications of the sisterhood contract, when that relationship is what forms the basis of this yuri manga? A relationship which, may I remind you, involves an age gap and surrogate sisterhood. So let's not pretend as if Toki is sullying a wholesome and fluffy little romance with her evil manipulative presence.

I honestly found the sequence where she insinuates that Meguru actually wants to "have fun" with Kasane properly unnerving, combined with Meguru's mortified reaction. She couldn't possibly have been in such deep denial, right? But she really was, which is just such a juicy source of angst.

And now, Chapter 14 reveals that her relationship with Hiromi was in fact pretty unusual itself, with even the contract itself being Hiromi's idea. The story seems to be taking the age gap more seriously as a barrier, dashing any remaining hopes that Meguru is a devious OL hunter mastermind just playing the long game to get a hot older girlfriend, and showing her to be quite a few shades more naive than the younger party in age gap romance tends to be, which I think shakes up the premise a little bit. Meguru is not even close to being ready to "upgrade" from "sisterhood", and now we get to wonder if there's really a way for that to happen in a way that doesn't feel skeevy, whether soon or years from now.

Of course, I could be wrong, and maybe Hijiki will sprint to an ending within a single volume. But now that it's clear there's a bit more gas in the tank than I assumed, I'm really curious where she could take the story from here.

last edited at Mar 29, 2024 8:52PM

joined Jun 3, 2014

Her sister got married and moved to america. Meguru is also using the money that she was gonna use to visit her sister to pay for the sister contact. It seems like her desire for sistery love out grew her desire to be with her sister since she'd have to wait until she's 18 to travel.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wow, didn't expect her to actually give her a rineeneoakbng... Nice!

joined May 28, 2021

Looks like someone is starting to get a bit jealous ;) I I like that Meguru is seeing Kasane more and more as her own person instead of a sister substitute, even though there's still a lot of work to do there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.