Forum › Contract Sisters discussion

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

not the development I expected but a welcome one

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I'm really curious about who was her mother kissing though. Will it ever come up again?

I don't remember if they mentioned Meguru's parents being divorced, or was that her mistress?

joined Nov 4, 2021

I don't remember if they mentioned Meguru's parents being divorced, or was that her mistress?

The sisters "always lived apart", so I believe the separation is assumed.

joined Jun 19, 2021

Considering that Meguru and Hiromi first met each other when Meguru was 10 (see chapter 14.1) I think it's a fair deduction that their parents were not together for some time.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

On a El Lmao note,
Meguru is an Onee-san hunter, and she's too based for that. Frfr.

Wtf%20kitty%20dynasty%20pfp
joined Oct 24, 2023

Meguru sure has one fucked-up family. Then again, who doesn't.

277518907_284798580472730_8969942845314652470_n
joined Sep 19, 2021

mannn, what's this... dunno man it's all good art but, maybe i should find something else to read
sometimes i hate that my standard are like this, why can't i just enjoy the cute like normal...

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Lol, should have seen that coming. Of course she was into her real sister as well haha... god...
Well, it's interesting enough if we ignore the weird manga incest manga trope. Would be interesting if there was some underlying theme of abuse and how it can lead to harmful situations like that but I doubt it. In the first place realistically speaking the situation is problematic but well it's a manga so whatever. I guess with manga I find it easier to ignore their ages because they are just drawings but when I think of whether this story has any value etc... tropes like these almost always ruin it for me. But I guess I'm looking into it too deeply. On the other hand I guess I'm happy their feelings are mutual lol...

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

mannn, what's this... dunno man it's all good art but, maybe i should find something else to read
sometimes i hate that my standard are like this, why can't i just enjoy the cute like normal...

enjoy the "cute"? I'm just gonna assume you haven't reached last chapter yet

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I guess they think this situation is meant to be "cute." Seems clear the author doesn't intend it to be cute though.

last edited at Apr 27, 2024 2:40PM

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

I guess they think this situation is meant to be "cute." Seems clear the author doesn't intend it to be cute though.

@justcoz07 went "stream of thought" with their comment, making it difficult to understand.

I think justcoz meant they were enjoying this manga for the art and cute parts of it(e.g. Kasane being a goof) and are not liking the dramatic/morally questionable developments because it's not what they enjoy.

last edited at Apr 27, 2024 2:52PM

Imresizer-1712497016375
joined Mar 9, 2024

I'm wondering why --or how-- Meguru began having romantic feelings for her blood-related older sister. Seeing her mother act romantic with another woman doesn't seem to be a catalyst for that. Loneliness, perhaps? Or Meguru's just hella gay and her sis just happened to be there. This is intriguing.

Imresizer-1712497016375
joined Mar 9, 2024

What do you mean by "standards"? Do you mean to say, your sense of morals? My dude or dudette, if so, stop bludgeoning yourself over some work of fiction. You're not a moral monster for liking this comic.
This story is cute in the sense that it's a romance after all albeit harboring darker tones like same-sex incest and age gap.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I'm wondering why --or how-- Meguru began having romantic feelings for her blood-related older sister. Seeing her mother act romantic with another woman doesn't seem to be a catalyst for that. Loneliness, perhaps? Or Meguru's just hella gay and her sis just happened to be there. This is intriguing.

Having worked with troubled youths in my previous job, Meguru saying '' I didn't know any other ways of showing someone I loved them'' is the type of things I used to hear A LOT. Being abandoned and neglected as a young child can warp your sense of self worth to the point where you start believing the only way people will like you is to give yourself up like that. A lot of these kids end up becoming very obsessive as well, which is a trait Meguru has shown in spades. The line between actual romantic feelings and just being so happy someone is showing you kindness for once can get muddled in a hurry for them, in ways that they're just not equipped to deal with.

last edited at Apr 28, 2024 9:46AM

Imresizer-1712497016375
joined Mar 9, 2024

A lot of these kids end up becoming very obsessive as well, which is a trait Meguru has shown in spades. The line between actual romantic feelings and just being so happy someone is showing you kindness for once can get muddled in a hurry for them, in ways that they're just not equipped to deal with.

Honestly, I don't like how Kasane handles Meguru's somber mood (for lack of a better term). Because Kasane could have asked pertinent questions instead of accepting or taking what Meguru asks of her at face value out of fear of offending her crush-- I understand that that's not Kasane's MO so to speak (not her personality) but still, she shows herself as another adult in Meguru's life who's unstable and I can sense deeper and starker problems in the next chapters.

But, I'm aware that we're only 16 chapters in so maybe, the kiss may change Kasane's perception of her and Meguru's dynamic. Maybe Kasane will be more pro-active in trying to set Meguru in the right direction without compromising the romance in the story, unlike Meguru's sister who chose to sweep the tension under the rug.

joined Jun 11, 2016

ok, its obvious that Meguru has a messed up perception of love

But her (real) sister should have a normal sense of things. So why did she let Meguru kiss her?

@ChikyuuNeko and @SrNevik has some pretty good points about this but basically, she (the older sister) also feels something toward Meguru too (she was blushing, hesitating to stop Meguru). But because the older sister knows this is fucked up (they're actual sisters) and how this is the only way Meguru knows how to express her love, so she told her father, who then stopped the whole thing.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

The boy ( girl )needs therapy ⁠♪

last edited at Apr 29, 2024 2:54AM

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

So I was right on the sister front but now I understand that the little sister did in fact have a little bit of insanity in her eyes!

Wtf%20kitty%20dynasty%20pfp
joined Oct 24, 2023

The boy ( girl )needs therapy ⁠♪

It's purely psychosomatic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.