Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Good job! Very good job! ^_^

Of course, seeing how we keep getting these two series mixed up all the time, next chapter we'll probably see this. :P

Tumblr_o8cv0mqz201vw9rjuo1_1280
joined Sep 21, 2016

Nope, I almost fell for it with that other series. They're both very similar too. Not falling for it again but hoping for the best.

Same, I get that people are celebrating but very much expecting a "oh no, I didn't mean anything by that, oops" sort of thing from Yuzu next chapter. Would be very happy to be proven wrong though.

Oh, I have no doubt that one of them is going to try and backtrack, or run out of the room, or someone will conveniently appear to interrupt them before further progress can be made, but this will still hopefully lead to further progress (hopefully emboldening Minami or forcing Yuzu to admit she isn’t fine being “just friends”).

The big difference between this and the Rejected in a Dream is that the couple here still clearly has some stuff they need to internally push past before becoming a couple, so this’ll be forward progress even if nothing else happens. The couple in Rejected in a Dream, by contrast, were THERE. They had the mood, they had the kiss, they both knew what they wanted. All they needed was one more step to officially become a couple, and then a wall randomly appeared at the finish line to delay them.

You said it perfectly!!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

The couple in Rejected in a Dream, by contrast, were THERE. They had the mood, they had the kiss, they both knew what they wanted. All they needed was one more step to officially become a couple, and then a wall randomly appeared at the finish line to delay them.

That "wall" is "they both caught a sudden case of Anime, the disease where the primary symptom is Not Fucking Talking."

I feel like Yuzu and Minami aren't going to have that problem once they finally work through their stuff-- they've always been all over each other, even from the first chapter.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

The big difference between this and the Rejected in a Dream is that the couple here still clearly has some stuff they need to internally push past before becoming a couple, so this’ll be forward progress even if nothing else happens. The couple in Rejected in a Dream, by contrast, were THERE. They had the mood, they had the kiss, they both knew what they wanted. All they needed was one more step to officially become a couple, and then a wall randomly appeared at the finish line to delay them.

I would say Tsukushi does absolutely have some stuff to internally push past too, I mean that negativity she got is absolutely pathological to the degree of being self-sabotaging. That is not just a random wall but one character's very real psychological problem that has been present constantly in previous chapters too with Yuu and Sara being baffled by Tsukushi's conviction that she'd get rejected.

But I do absolutely agree with your point about this forehead kiss being progress even if there's going to be backpedaling next chapter, I fully expect some sort of mild angst coming up which will ultimately help our MCs progress with their relationship.

joined Dec 13, 2018

Considering that the color page before the beginning of the chapter already tells us that they became a couple I imagine that it will be done rather quickly and that we will have an adorable development between the two. I love the author so here you go.

fool - we stand here with all our lore

yet not wiser than before

joined Jul 29, 2022

SPOILER

I think plot twist will be Yuzu is 100% lesbian that why she turned him down i think from chapter 2

you hear e I say this before she in love with her

last edited at Feb 26, 2024 7:14AM

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just normal. It's okay, they just normal each other very much. Nothing to see here.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

im this close to isekai-ing myself into this manga’s world and pushing those two together to kiss already!!

cutest couple but definitely the most IDIOT COUPLE LMAO

To reply you must either login or sign up.