Forum › I Don't Know Which One is Love discussion

1bc42bba-336e-466f-a092-8c801c6e02e8
joined Feb 17, 2018

I feel like there’s a few explanations for Chiharu, but while the boyfriend could be a lie to hide her own feelings, I actually wonder if it’s a similar Mei situation where she fell for a guy and Mei, but was all too sure that Mei would reject her and seeing as it would be awkward to live with someone you have feelings for but can’t pursue, ended up dating the guy. And then, she realizes that she likes Mei more than the guy (hence the “I love you” thing at the end). Either way, she’s definitely cooking
All the while, Mei is living the dream at college with every hot lady pursuing her lol

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Honestly, if I were in Mei's shoes (which, sadly, none of us will ever be :P) I'd choose Kaoru in a heartbeat. She and Maria are the only ones who are appealing as long-term partners. Kaoru has her shit together and already has goals and aspirations she's properly pursuing. She's a really strong person, she's fun, isn't shy or timid, and she cares about others.

Also she's very pretty. That certainly doesn't hurt.

I do wonder what the end will be like. It's set up like Mei is the center of a polycule, but I haven't really seen polyamory done "well" in manga. I can think of two examples that actually tried to go for it and neither one stuck the landing.

(In fact, they both fell flat on their faces, then proceeded to fall down several flights of stairs before rolling out the door, straight into the middle of a busy freeway during rush hour, where they were bounced around like pinballs before rocketing straight into the sun.)

Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

team Karin stays winning let's go baby

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Chiharu seems like a lovely person but I really dont want to see her for the rest of the series. Mei saw her and reconciled with the fact that they were not meant to be. Lets leave it at that.

Also did Mei lie to her and say she had a sus boyfriend or did she really have one back in the day?

last edited at Nov 30, 2023 6:05AM

joined Jun 8, 2020

chiharu, go to *********** yourself, that´s for the better

Untitled4_20220617084819
joined May 12, 2022

AYO WHAT?? DOES HER FRIEND ALSO LIKE HER HUHH

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I come here to read a silly series, and instead it just goes and destroys my poor heart...

joined Jul 26, 2023

I feel like there’s a few explanations for Chiharu, but while the boyfriend could be a lie to hide her own feelings, I actually wonder if it’s a similar Mei situation where she fell for a guy and Mei, but was all too sure that Mei would reject her and seeing as it would be awkward to live with someone you have feelings for but can’t pursue, ended up dating the guy. And then, she realizes that she likes Mei more than the guy (hence the “I love you” thing at the end). Either way, she’s definitely cooking
All the while, Mei is living the dream at college with every hot lady pursuing her lol

I dunno, I wouldn't call being fetishized by a group of women being the dream. None of them like Mei for who she is as a person. They are all just obsessed by one aspect of her.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Why is whether Chiharu has a boyfriend even a discussion? She doesn't have one, and she also has her own senses-focused harem, and her harem and Mei's harem are gonna get set up together, and Mei is gonna get with Chiharu. I can't see anything else not being a huge headache to deal with on the mangaka's side.

joined Apr 10, 2023

I dunno, I wouldn't call being fetishized by a group of women being the dream. None of them like Mei for who she is as a person. They are all just obsessed by one aspect of her.

That's true for maybe the smell girl at first but not really the rest of them and certainly not at this point in the manga. They're attracted to her due to a primary feature that they like, but they've all gotten to know her personally and like her as a person after that first attraction. That's not "fetishization" or "objectification" that's just "how normal real people work irl" lol.

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Why is whether Chiharu has a boyfriend even a discussion? She doesn't have one, and she also has her own senses-focused harem, and her harem and Mei's harem are gonna get set up together, and Mei is gonna get with Chiharu. I can't see anything else not being a huge headache to deal with on the mangaka's side.

Whoa. That... makes sense

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

I know friends can tell each other "I love you" without romantic intentions but the way Chiharu's says it just kinda seems romantic or maybe she's just really loving towards Mei lmao

Pfp%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2022

Why would Chiharu lie about that?? I mean, fuck that feels kinda like an unneccessary seed for drama

Also god damn, confession time! I was wishing for Kaoru.... Cuz I like her the best... But we'll have to see what happens.

You might be onto something lol

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Interview with Tamamusi about the series. Nothing ground breaking but it has a couple interesting pieces around her motivations for the setting and characters.

https://yuritimes.com/post/interview-with-tamamushi-oku-sensei-i-dont-know-which-is-love-part-1

E62022f42befb07b649e3d391bdc9f7dbce76594_hq
joined Jul 26, 2019

I just realized that all 5 girls are based on five senses. Kaoru is smell, Minato is hearing, Riri is touch, Karin is taste and Maria is sight. Heh.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I just realized that all 5 girls are based on five senses. Kaoru is smell, Minato is hearing, Riri is touch, Karin is taste and Maria is sight. Heh.

Keeping up the tradition of at least one of these comments per page, I see. :P

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Learing, from part 2 of that interview, that Tamamusi is into Shuji Terayama means a lot of what she's done make a lot more sense to me now. The play they put on in this series struck me as a little weird but, like, I guess if you're looking to something like Labyrinth of Grass for inspiration it makes more sense?

last edited at Jan 26, 2024 3:10PM

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

It's kinda wild that Mei literally pushes a woman down, and then immediately brings her along to ask out another woman. I'm glad she at least had the self-awareness to note that she's pretty much been doing the same thing as Karin though. XD

And as for the ending: on the one hand, my experience with this genre tells me that it's going to be a fake-out and nothing will happen, but on the other hand this is by Tamamusi so I can't count anything out.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Awwww,I liked Karin senpai, but I guess it's to be expected,I thought she'd get serious with our MC, sniff.

Pfp%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2022

Ayo? Plot progression?? (Probably not)
Kaoru senpai nation we can't lose hope

Also I could see Minato senpai barging in as soon as they mentioned prince lmao

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Logical thinking? In my yuri manga??

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

So it looks like it’s time to figure out if poly is on the table or not (I hope it is)

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

Well that's not very nice. I hope the series doesn't take a turn here.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

why the fuck is karin's backpack so tiny

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Mei, you big idiot! You's supposed to invite Minato to join you and Karin!!!

What?

To reply you must either login or sign up.