Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

KASE-SAN!!!
When your adorable girlfriend who has a heart of gold and is as pure as a child wants to buy kigurumi pajamas for both of you to wear in a pair-look style, you indulge her! You do NOT try to dress her in sexy see-thru lingerie!

It is an amusing truth that Kase is, in fact, the more adult of the two. Yes, even after betting on a race her moving out of the dorm. (As people have explained before, in Japan putting your workplace and workmates -- or in this case studyplace and studymates -- before your significant other is considered a sign of maturity and responsibility.)

For Yamada, conjugal bliss means dress in cute teddy bear pajamas, have dinner together, talk about how your day went, watch tv, maybe cuddle and kiss if the mood is right. For Kase it's more like sex, sex, sex. Getting Yamada to wear erotic lingerie? Even better.

Go to horny jail, you wretch.

If lusting after Yamada is reason enough to be sent there, she should think about making it her permanent residence.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Right, and if I recall correctly, the first time they met Fukami gave Yamada the “who tf is this?” eye.

I had totally forgotten about those moments amid all the weirdness that was surrounding them. Fukami clearly didn't realize Yamada was Kase's girlfriend though.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Fukami spinoff when?

last edited at Dec 15, 2023 4:23AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Fukami spinoff when?

I know the morose extra lesbian always gets a lot of love in these series, but what exactly about Fukami makes her seem like a good candidate for a spinoff?

What we know about Fukami is that she seems kind of crabby, she likes Kase, and she seems kind of crabby about liking Kase. (She also runs pretty fast, but not as fast as Kase. And she’s pretty cute. But not nearly as cute as Kase.)

Unless the post just means, “Get this poor lonely child a girlfriend!” I’m fine with that.

joined Dec 12, 2023

trying to do a reread of all of kase-san because i wanted a refresher on what happened before the race arc, but the second it actually started i have lost any ability to keep going. i've gone through that horror show once, i am not going through it again!

yamada deserves to make kase sleep on the couch for the first month

joined Jul 8, 2020

I don't think that this arc is that bad at all.

You think Kase putting her long-term relationship up for a bet isn't bad?

The bet is about Kase leaving the dorm or not. We all know Kase loved by many, and with no proper explanation i do think that her friends (fans) will against it (but i think their response is too much tho, just let the poor girl go). Inoue senpai said it too that Kase should just accept the bet to not leave a bad taste when leaving, so i do think that this bet is something that Kase can't avoid tbh, except if she's just coming out to everyone there which i think she not ready yet (i do think yamada more ready than Kase in coming out matter). The problem is, which annoy me the most in this arc, is the lack of communication and explanation from Kase to Yamada about this matter that makes it look like Kase doing this only for Fukami, when actually everyone else is involved as well.

Not to mention it's on the heels of some other stuff, like when she assaulted some guy for being too close to her girlfriend. These two are cute, but I have a hard time agreeing with a LOT of things Kase does in the sequel series.

That's the product of lack of communication between kase and yamada, plus the jealousy problem from both side actually (but more on kase honestly) which i hope they will work out on next arc

Surprise%20smol
joined Dec 6, 2023

Fukami spinoff when?

I know the morose extra lesbian always gets a lot of love in these series, but what exactly about Fukami makes her seem like a good candidate for a spinoff?

What we know about Fukami is that she seems kind of crabby, she likes Kase, and she seems kind of crabby about liking Kase. (She also runs pretty fast, but not as fast as Kase. And she’s pretty cute. But not nearly as cute as Kase.)

Unless the post just means, “Get this poor lonely child a girlfriend!” I’m fine with that.

I think its because its pretty easy to see Fukami as the protagonist of her own alternate perspective version of this story. The emotionally closed-off girl with a history of bad social interactions gets stuck with a blockhead tomboy and unexpectedly develops feelings for her, and goes on this whole arc of trying to figure herself out. Then she gets this bomb dropped on her lap that Kase's planning on moving out without even saying anything to her about it, and she freaks out thinking that not only is she losing out on her chance with the big idiot but also that Kase by all rights seems to be eager to be rid of her (since from her perspective Kase is doing nothing but inconveniencing herself by moving out). The thing with this though is that this series has been seriously lacking in parts from other characters' POVs, and Fukami and Kase's relationship is lacking the proper setup for this sort of turn of events to properly land.

My whole problem however is how Inoue barges into the situation to be the Fulcrum of Fuckuppery. Prior to that the whole thing could have easily played out between Fukami and Kase without making a complete mess for everyone involved - whether Kase wins and it doesn't matter, she loses and comes clean about who she's actually moving in with to convince Fukami to drop it, or the race doesn't even happen - any number of possibilities could have played out without being too ridiculous. But Inoue jumping into the middle of it and forcing it to resolve (thanks to those pesky japanese seniority social hierarchies again) despite knowing FULL WELL what Yamada and Kase's situation is is just outright ridiculous. The potential for utter devastation from this move is just so absurd on every level that I cannot even wrap my head around it, especially when you consider that prior to this she's actually been a very solid wingman for the pair.

last edited at Dec 15, 2023 5:03PM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Fukami, my heart goes with you. You and Kase would make a smashing-good couple.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Welp, it's been 11.5 years, but they've finally moved in together, folks. :-)

It's good that they've actually talked about the whole Fukami race thing, if only in the grand tradition of this series of briefly addressing real issues, resolving them with a slap on the wrist, and moving on to overwhelming cuteness.

Also, they will have to eventually do something about that horniness differential. Yamada has a slightly below average sex drive for a person her age, but Kase is off-the-freaking-charts thirsty. :-P

joined Mar 4, 2017

I'm starting to wonder if we're going to follow these characters until they come out to their friends/parents, get married, have kids, grow old, and die.

Pfp%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2022

Oh my god the coupon is extremely cute awww
I am so excited to see what's to come with these two moving forward

ALSO GEX

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

That nude cake eating page was abrupt XD

It's nice that they at least addressed how bad it was for Kase to put Yamada in the position she did. I also gotta disagree with Yamada's assertion that she has a lot more maturing to do; if anything, I feel like everything after the summer arc has been demonstrating just how much she has matured, and how it's now Kase's turn to grow up.

Eefgrstrsvw
joined Nov 15, 2016

I don't want this series to end.
Fukami x Aikawa is definitely happening!

also, gay sex....

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Fluffy nude cuddling fluff in their own fluffy abode—that’s more f*cking like it.

joined Jul 8, 2020

Great chapter! They talk about the problem before, Kase apologizing (the coupon is cute, i think Kase have another motive with that coupon, like you can ask me anything? really kase? you just want to fck lol) and the most important thing is Yamada actually mention about how they need to talk more. Yamada getting more and more matured and doing self reflection so now i hope Kase would too. The use of first name at this point is great too because it kind of show how their relationship really develop

and lastly, Fukami i know you're the best best girl, i hope you get your happiness with Aikawa. Oh and Aikawa, damn girl since when you're that that cool? handsome? she looks really good? hello?

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

God I love this series

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Pour one out for Mikawacchi who has to hear strange noises coming from next door

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

Okay, okay, i'm less pissed at Kase after this, yamada's wholesomeness is overstepping her actions

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Ok... she reflected on her actions, I guess that's progress.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Trying to win us back with disgusting amounts of fluff, are you, mangaka? Well it won't - dang, that's cute.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Trying to win us back with disgusting amounts of fluff, are you, mangaka? Well it won't - dang, that's cute.

Yup.

Quantum Sufficit
Gaychidori
joined Sep 18, 2023

It doesn't help that Fukami has essentially been strung along by someone who she thought was single.

Wrong, Fukami knew since the beginning that Kase was dating someone.

Okay, call me dumb but, if she knew that she was dating someone, and Kase told her that she didn't have a boyfriend... why did she even come out?!

Also gimme all of that fluff straight to my veins, I need it. The naked cake eating (the pastry kind) was unexpected, but not unwelcome too.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"Yui-chan to Tomoka-chan"? I dunno--that's gonna take some getting used to.

Of course, not a problem when they're naked together. . .

joined Jan 14, 2020

1st base: sex
2nd base: moving in together
3rd base: personal names

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Can really be true? A return to the fun and allure of the early chapters....

To reply you must either login or sign up.