Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

joined Jul 8, 2020

ohhh cute domestic life, good start good start, good for them

joined Oct 27, 2018

This is exactly what this sequel should have been from the get go. Forget all that forced drama, unnecessary jealousy nonsense.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Reject plot embrace fluff

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Ahhh it's so freaking fluffy and cute! Going to go melt into a puddle

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Inject this fluff straight to my veins.

320px-annefrankhumanrightsmemorialantifaschistischeaktionsticker
joined Dec 31, 2018

fluff fluff

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

The sheer cuteness is melting me!

This is exactly what this sequel should have been from the get go. Forget all that forced drama, unnecessary jealousy nonsense.

Exactly! I really hope this fluff will last a lot before the next drama-that-could-have-been-avoided arc starts.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I find this entirely acceptable.

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

The sheer cuteness is melting me!

Exactly! I really hope this fluff will last a lot before the next drama-that-could-have-been-avoided arc starts.

I kinda like the drama, even if it does stray a bit into melodrama at times. It adds depth and dimension to the characters and their relationship. Plus it makes the fluffy moments be fluffier.

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

If there's no balance between drama times and fluffiness gets cloying and you can't enjoy it how it deserves. Is a story about to teens in their first love, jealousness, horniness and insecurities comes on the pack. I could only critzice to mangaka-san that putting everything on Kase and so little on Yamada, feels unbalanced at some point. Perhaps mangaka-san wants to reflect the consequences of his lack of social life outside the track field, you know, it is unconsciously implanted in Kase's mentality that everything is a competition and has to win. So when she sees someone approaching to Yamada, she feels that she should "speed up" in order to not lose her "prize"? I could be rambling

joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm not saying, no drama only fluff. In fact, I'm actually not a huge fan of fluff. However, In this particular manga the drama has been so bad that I would absolutely prefer pure fluff in this case.

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

I can understand not enjoying the drama, it's definitively not the best I've ever read, but I do tend to have wider tolerances in regards to quality in a lot of cases.

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Yamada san and Kase san.. I hope that I'll be able to see the after uni life: maybe the part when they come out from uni and start a working life.. and maybe there will be mid-life.. I really hope they will stay together with each other..

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Yamada san and Kase san.. I hope that I'll be able to see the after uni life: maybe the part when they come out from uni and start a working life.. and maybe there will be mid-life.. I really hope they will stay together with each other..

Well, if it keeps up the current pacing, they should graduate in about...20 years XD.

I do wish we had more stories that operated over a larger timescale though. I recently learned of a manga series called Shima Kōsaku that's about a fictional Japanese salaryman, and the series covers his life and career over several decades. It's been going continually since 1983, and covers from his early 30s to currently his 70s, and there's prequel spin-offs that go all the way back to his college years. Most series only span ~3 years at most, but I think it would be neat if we had more stories like that, where we see characters actually grow and age.

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

But you know.. when Yamada san said "Kase san, I wanted to be with you forever.." it made me sad a little on the inside. Because in our world, it is really or hardly ever to have someone to be by someone's side "forever".. If i get to change the way she said, I think I would say, "I wanted to stay by your side now.. I wanted to cherish you now".. "Kase san, I am a little pessimistic on the inside when it comes to relationship and love, but ever since I'm with you, I've been living in gratitude. As long as I'm breathing,I will keep holding your hand until the day it's over. When that time comes, would you still hold my hand..?" Or.."if you ever had found someone else , do tell me. I'll let you go to find your happiness. You know I.. love you right,Kase san?"( But i don't think Yamada san will let go anyway.. but who knows? Maybe when this series has a long serialization and they were about their midlife crisis...)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

But you know.. when Yamada san said "Kase san, I wanted to be with you forever.." it made me sad a little on the inside. Because in our world, it is really or hardly ever to have someone to be by someone's side "forever".. If i get to change the way she said, I think I would say, "I wanted to stay by your side now.. I wanted to cherish you now".. "Kase san, I am a little pessimistic on the inside when it comes to relationship and love, but ever since I'm with you, I've been living in gratitude. As long as I'm breathing,I will keep holding your hand until the day it's over. When that time comes, would you still hold my hand..?" Or.."if you ever had found someone else , do tell me. I'll let you go to find your happiness. You know I.. love you right,Kase san?"( But i don't think Yamada san will let go anyway.. but who knows? Maybe when this series has a long serialization and they were about their midlife crisis...)

If a happy little line like that already made you sad, why would you possibly change it to actually sad lines?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If a happy little line like that already made you sad, why would you possibly change it to actually sad lines?

"Needs Indirect Reminder Of The Inevitability Of Death tag."

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

You're right, I'm sorry..

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

i've been rereading the whole series from the start since yesterday and it really puts things into perspective. specifically with thoughts like this

I could only critzice to mangaka-san that putting everything on Kase and so little on Yamada, feels unbalanced at some point.

it's easy to see why, as a bi-monthly series the chapters are very spaced out making arcs take that much longer. so it makes sense that Kase's shenanigans this arc are all that's on the mind but really, Yamada has just as much bumbling to her name.
I mean she basically spent the majority of the OG series' five volume and volume 1 and 2 of this series rollercoasting between being a jealous mess and happy-go-lucky "no thoughts, head empty"-mode but barely communicating any of it xD

She keeps getting into situations that bring her down, she sulks and thinks "ugh this fucking sucks, i should tell her about it" but doesn't and then when Kase comes running and cheers her up she smiles and goes "oh well, nevermind!". Rinse, repeat.

So yeah, this reread has reaffirmed my understanding of them both being equally useless and dramatic, the series just front-loaded a lot from Yamada and then switched the extreme to the other side for Kase xD

joined Apr 22, 2024

Hello, it's my first message in the forum, and I wanted to share some impressions of the last arc.

I think I'm gonna be a bit of a discordant note and I'm going to play a bit of Kase's devil's advocate, although it's true that I didn't like the "Fukami arc" either, but I blame it all on the author, for wanting to lengthen the manga unnecessarily, although Fukami's plot had to be put to an end, it didn't seem like the best way.

Yamada (who I adore) has a hard time expressing her feelings and Kase loves her so much that she isn't even able to conceive of being with another person, which is why she is not aware of her girlfriend's jealousy and suffering. Furthermore, Yamada didn't tell her that the rental contract was expiring and they were in a hurry to move. The moment Yamada tells her her feelings, Kase realizes her own mistake and feels very guilty. There is Kase's punishment, living wall to wall with Mikawa, something Kase didn't want (and Mikawa neither xD).

The negative point is that she should have stood her ground and not accepted the race since the very first moment. But between her extroverted and compliant personality, the debt to Fukami for not doing anything in the room for an entire year and the confinement of all her dormmates she subsided. And she crushed her greatest rival, when her goal is Yamada she is practically superhuman. Even more, we must see the issue of social relationships from a Japanese point of view, where social pressure is incredible. And the japanese stigma of a homosexual relationship aside, even more when Kase is lesbian and she is living (sleeping, even showering) with women.

For me, the great villain of this arc is neither Kase (who does not act well, I repeat) nor Fukami, who at least has a point. It's Inoue, who even knowing that Kase is going to live with her girlfriend forces an absurd situation with her authority.

I hope this arc served as a very important turning point in their relationship. With Yamada expressing her feelings and Kase understanding her better and putting her before everything. It could be their definitive consolidation as a couple.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

For me, the great villain of this arc is neither Kase (who does not act well, I repeat) nor Fukami, who at least has a point. It's Inoue, who even knowing that Kase is going to live with her girlfriend forces an absurd situation with her authority.

This is a great point, and it shows why for me the big problem is (as you say) an author problem rather than a character problem, because the Inoue in this arc doesn't act like the same character who had been established in the rest of the series. Sure, she often razzes Kase a little bit, but she's regularly been a faithful wingwoman for the Kase-Yamada relationship, and her going along with the race business was just entirely inconsistent with who she had previously been.

To reply you must either login or sign up.