Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

THERE'S GONNA BE A DRAMA CD.

One of the few kinds of RL drama I approve of. :-)

joined Sep 5, 2023

THERE'S GONNA BE A DRAMA CD.

https://twitter.com/agu_knzm/status/1737428881781711347

Koga will be Mariya Ise - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=46112
Aya will be Akari Kitou - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=130728

As hyped as I am to hear them actually have voices, I wonder if it’s gonna get translated. I feel like it would take a while to translate too

joined Dec 18, 2023

So happy this got posted here! These chapters are so good!

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

IT'S BECAUSE IT'S HER AAAAAAAA

joined Nov 21, 2022

When'd she write that note?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

When'd she write that note?

No idea when she wrote it but Aya stuffed it into her bag together with the snacks back in chapter 69

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Man, this is so impossibly cool and romantic, no way Aya doesn't just melt into a pool of pure sapphic lust after this XP

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

I really like how the author did this chapter. I thought maybe it was going to be Koga singing from stage which it's cool and "powerful", and I wouldn't dislike the idea; but this, singing close to each other, I think fits much better the line of things that were going until now; like Aya feeling Koga always far away when she is "in her world" or with Kanna for example, like she is not one of them. That is why I like this so much, is an invitation to Aya, like a "u can be close to me"~

This goes for that chapter too when Aya thought "it feels like she's just like a normal friend" which was one of those times Aya saw Koga like a person and not some ideal image (not like perfect but someone really cool, something like that~; "Oshi" hahaha); yes, in chapter 70 we know she is her rock star and I doubt this will change, but yes it's changing the core meaning? Not just someone far away to admire, but a person really important and to admire from close; her "special" so to say hahaha

last edited at Dec 24, 2023 10:02AM

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Sometimes I wonder if the meaning gets diluted slightly due to how the different languages get formatted. In Japanese she asks Aya if she'll listen (the sentence ends in a question) and then the center bubble just says "watashi no rock" which made me feel like Mitsuki was calling Aya her rock. I refuse to believe it isn't a double meaning statement, honestly. Aya's kinda been her foundation for breaking out of her shell to a degree, after all.

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

Man, I read this while Ado's "Crime and Punishment" was playing in the background, and when I tell you my feels just. Exploded out of my chest.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Ready for "Screaming you a love song"

joined Mar 23, 2022

Wait what chapter did she gave that paper to koga San???can't remember shit.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Wait what chapter did she gave that paper to koga San???can't remember shit.

Chapter 69. Page 3 it falls out of Koga's bag with the sweets and page 4 she reads it.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

By the way, this one got licensed and will be published in Mexico next year

joined Nov 21, 2022

What's a drama CD?

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

What's a drama CD?

An audio-only story, either adapting the source material or original. They haven't yet announced if this one will adapt some manga chapters or if it will be made for the occasion.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Awwww, that's so sweet! I hope Aya hugs Mitsuki from behind halfway through the song. Please, I'm begging on my knees. orz

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Very nice. ^_^

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

There were some great facial expressions this chapter, but I think Aya's at the end takes the cake. It's super complicated and a bit conflicted; you know she's feeling something, but I'm not sure what it is and I don't think she knows either. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there are many chapters that directly follow each other like this; there's usually a bit of a time gap between one ending and the next starting, even if they're in the middle of something important, right?

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
There have been a few that were direct follow-ups such as during the whole deal with Mitsuki giving her concert ticket to the friend Aya got into a fight with. Assuming volume 2 which was recently announced contains the same amount of chapters as volume 1, there are three chapters left to go in it and thus the author might be building up to a bit of a climax with that in mind.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

SAME

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

There were some great facial expressions this chapter, but I think Aya's at the end takes the cake. It's super complicated and a bit conflicted; you know she's feeling something, but I'm not sure what it is and I don't think she knows either. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there are many chapters that directly follow each other like this; there's usually a bit of a time gap between one ending and the next starting, even if they're in the middle of something important, right?

times kind of mercurial in this one. if it's on one story thread or something important is happening the chapters will often string together as long as they need to but then often when a story beat finishes there can be actual time skips of weeks or even months. sometimes chapter to chapter there can be little time gaps but it feels like just the next day or entirely undefined.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

I have to wonder if this is a kind of reverse Jim Morrison reference.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

SAME

SAME

To reply you must either login or sign up.