Forum › A Love Yet To Bloom discussion

joined Mar 26, 2021

Cutest date chapter I've seen in a while! And I guess next chapter we're getting the home visit date, with a "taking care of the sick gf" bonus.

Jumbo-yotsuba-4810
joined Mar 31, 2023

Thank you, Knight Heron, for your notes on the credit pages. The details of where Sakura & Takamine visited bring this story to life.

last edited at Oct 6, 2023 11:58AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Knight Heron, have you consider working as a detective? those research skills are impressive!!

Also I wouldn't mind 10 other chapters just like this one!

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

These 2 are so cute together, I swear every time a new chapter gets released just reading it peaks my blood sugar.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Always nice when a series focuses on the small moments that make a relationship work rather than just the standard flashy big kisses or confessions. That conversation is one they'll have countless times together. While individually it might have been full of "forgettable" info, their ability to have and enjoy those small conversations is one of the most important things.

last edited at Oct 6, 2023 11:42AM

joined Aug 20, 2022

SO REAL, i also love drinks that have like lemon/calamansi/lime, it's so freaking good!!!!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

When Sakura showed up in her uniform and then held back from going to the arcade because of it, I was somewhat expecting Takamine to impulse buy her the cute dress in the window. Maybe next time...

Thanks as always for your note pages, heron!

joined Feb 24, 2023

A school forbids you from going to the arcade on your own free time? Literally 1984

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

A school forbids you from going to the arcade on your own free time?

The unnecessarily draconian rules some private Japanese schools have never fail to bring a sigh and an eye roll from me.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I cannot believe Takamine is going to fucking die so soon into the story, such a bummer, man.

Seriously, though, such a cute goddamn chapter, oh my god. I love how subtly Takamine shows that she's disappointed not seeing Sakura in casual clothes. With the cover and how Sakura reacted, I'm actually thinking that she got scared or way too self-conscious and decided to "play it safe" with the familiar uniform, and I'm really hoping that's the case and that it'll be brought up. Though Sakura coming with her uniform gave us the absolute killer of a move by Takamine. To which I say goddamn the girl's smooth.

I love how their interaction developed in the chapter, starting with Sakura awkwardly trying to start a conversation and really start to get to know Takamine, Takamine picking up on the cues and stumbling on her own insecurities a bit, and this emphasis on those mundane conversations and getting to know one another, just as mentioned in the chapter, even if the contents of those conversations will be forgotten by the following day, there's so much meaning in them nonetheless, and I love seeing their relationship develop like that.

Biggest highlight of the chapter for me was Takamine's expression when she told her mother she had fun. Especially for one who has said multiple times that she feels her life is empty, showing this sincere and, for lack of a better word, content expression, to me means the world and is incredibly satisfying.

And with the cute thing about forgetting the sweater, while sadly condemning Takamine to an excruciating and inevitable death, may also mean that there'll be some really nice stuff in the next chapters, and I cannot wait. This shit is good for the soul. I'm just sitting here and grinning, dude.

When Sakura showed up in her uniform and then held back from going to the arcade because of it, I was somewhat expecting Takamine to impulse buy her the cute dress in the window...

I was hoping that'd happen so much lol.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The unnecessarily draconian rules some private Japanese schools have never fail to bring a sigh and an eye roll from me.

Somehow that comment goes amazingly well with your avatar's expression.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Biggest highlight of the chapter for me was Takamine's expression when she told her mother she had fun. Especially for one who has said multiple times that she feels her life is empty, showing this sincere and, for lack of a better word, content expression, to me means the world and is incredibly satisfying.

I agree with your whole comment, but this most of all--I was looking at her expression, and then at mom going "Wha?" and thinking like mom, I too have never seen her look like that and aww, she gets to be happy for a change!

joined Jan 14, 2020

'Mom suspects her daughter has a boyfriend' plot :p

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

A lot of schools in my countries also has rules against going places and doing things out side while wearing the uniforms. Tho not a lot of people care and they normally let simple things slide but if you get caught doing bad stuff you could get suspended or expelled. Apparently, they also include the pictures you post on social media ESPECIALLY if you're wearing the school uniform.

Had a classmate back in college that got suspended for the whole semester because he got caught smoking a cig in uniform not too far away from campus.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

'Mom suspects her daughter has a boyfriend' plot :p

"oh you were the one she went out with the other day? i thought for sure it was a boy"

-geez whyd she have to say that, now im all conscious of her >.<

(cue sick takamine shenanigans where she hugs sakura and makes sakuras heart race)

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

not liking lemon cheesecake

How can they be so cute yet so terribly wrong?

last edited at Oct 7, 2023 12:49PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Cozy

joined Feb 1, 2021

Cozy

Cozy is a good word for this series. Both the dialog and the art have a lot of warmth despite being quiet and low-key for the most part.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I've seen this on the internet in general over the past few years, and there seems to be an unhealthy fixation on judging other people's personal tastes as somehow objectively wrong or correct. Nobody's personal tastes are ever wrong. This is something everyone needs to accept. If this is your idea of a joke, it doesn't come across that way.

joined Jan 3, 2020

For me, it has to do with the pairing of texture and taste. If I liked lemons and I liked cheesecake, I would almost certainly not like lemon cheesecake.

That's how it works for most things for me. Combinations of multiple flavors that I typically associate with other textures are somehow 'wrong' to me and almost never enjoyable. It's part of why almost everything I do enjoy is 'plain' or 'original'.

It's an autism thing in my case - pretty sure it has to do with my body's extreme oversensitivity to touch.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I've seen this on the internet in general over the past few years, and there seems to be an unhealthy fixation on judging other people's personal tastes as somehow objectively wrong or correct. Nobody's personal tastes are ever wrong. This is something everyone needs to accept. If this is your idea of a joke, it doesn't come across that way.

It was very obviously a joke, and they're fictional characters. Calm down.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

This is not just wrong, this is a serious offense imho. In fact, I think that those who dislike lemon cheesecake ought to be banished, starved, and beheaded.
(Okay, I’m just being silly, if you can’t tell. But I do like lemon cheesecake.)

%e5%be%ae%e4%bf%a1%e5%9b%be%e7%89%87_20230926175400
joined Feb 13, 2023

It feels like no progress at all but it did.

joined Feb 22, 2023

oh yeah i definitely wouldnt have noticed the hairpin thing just reading these update to update. very cool

Jumbo-yotsuba-4810
joined Mar 31, 2023

oh yeah i definitely wouldnt have noticed the hairpin thing just reading these update to update. very cool

Likewise. Nice summary, knight heron! Well done.

last edited at Nov 1, 2023 7:08AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.